Advanced Manufacturing and Warehouse Management Software for Canadian Businesses
Fishbowl's manufacturing and warehouse management software is available to Canadian businesses for an affordable price. Canadian versions of Fishbowl Manufacturing® and Fishbowl Warehouse® offer the same features as the U.S. versions, but they are formatted to work with Canadian tax laws and they integrate with QuickBooks Canada.
Explore the core features:
Watch the Fishbowl Quick Tour Video
Fishbowl Manufacturing (FBM) offers advanced work orders, manufacture orders, bills of materials, and other tools you need to maximize efficiency in your production process. Whether you have simple or more complex manufacturing needs, Fishbowl Manufacturing is a great solution for you.
FBM's popular features include:
- Automated custom, batch, and repair work orders.
- Lot tracking and serial number tracking in work orders.
- Work order instructions.
- Multilevel bill of materials.
- Bill of materials costs.
- Available-to-build calculations.
- Manufacture order to purchase order functionality.
Employee Time Tracking
Fishbowl Time is a cloud-based timekeeping solution for tracking employees' hours, overtime, vacation time, payroll, tax status, and more. A combination of Fishbowl Time and Fishbowl Manufacturing gives you accurate records of labor costs for work orders and projects.
Fishbowl Time lets you:
- Incorporate labor costs into total costs on work orders.
- Budget labor costs and then compare them to the actual numbers.
- Clock in and out from any Internet-connected device.
- Use GPS tracking to check where employees clock in and out from.
- Calculate taxes and meet other IRS requirements.
FBM integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks Online and every desktop version of QuickBooks. QuickBooks is a useful accounting solution, but it can't handle inventory management tasks like barcoding, part tracking, and advanced bill of materials and work orders. Fishbowl can do these things and many others.
Fishbowl's integration with QuickBooks allows you to:
- Update your inventory and accounting records at the same time.
- Eliminate double data entry and keep your records accurate.
- Integrate with any current version of QuickBooks.
- Keep using the accounting software you're familiar with while adding new features.
FBM integrates with Xero, a Web-based accounting solution that’s growing in popularity among SMBs. This integration makes it even easier to run your business by ensuring any changes made in your manufacturing software are automatically added to your accounting solution.
Fishbowl's Xero Integration:
- Instantly updates accounting records in Xero with changes made in Fishbowl.
- Saves time and ensures nothing gets missed or double counted.
- Automatically send information on new customers and vendors to Xero from Fishbowl.
- Quickly posts work orders completed in Fishbowl to Xero and the general ledger.
- Learn More
Click to see a feature comparison
Fishbowl can track inventory in multiple warehouses and other locations. Companies with more than one warehouse, store, and/or office need to constantly check their inventory levels across all of those locations. This helps them see which ones are well stocked and which ones need to be restocked.
Fishbowl helps you manage multiple locations by allowing you to:
- Check inventory levels across multiple locations.
- Analyze inventory valuation and sales trends at each of your warehouses.
- Avoid shortages by transferring products from one warehouse to another.
Advanced Work Orders
FBM is an ideal inventory solution for many types of manufacturers. It allows you to create both simple and complex work orders for a variety of tasks. You can also group multiple work orders into overarching manufacture orders to streamline production and establish accountability at each step of the manufacturing process.
With FBM, you can:
- Create work orders one at a time or in batches.
- Use them for assembly, disassembly, repair, and other jobs.
- Create work orders for every kind of job, from simple to multilevel.
Bill of Materials
After you create a bill of materials in FBM you can save it for future use. So if you have a popular product you can simply replicate the appropriate bill of materials each time you need more of it. This makes the manufacturing process faster by keeping the instructions always close at hand.
Fishbowl Manufacturing has the ability to:
- Create and fulfill multiple bills of materials at the same time.
- Replicate a bill of materials as many times as you like.
- Easily update quantities and parts in a bill of materials when necessary.
You can create multilevel work orders that utilize production stages in FBM. It’s helpful to see what production stage each manufacturing job has reached because that can help you see if everything is on schedule and make adjustments when something falls behind.
FBM's multilevel work orders:
- Organize manufacturing jobs by production stages.
- Compare estimates to the actual time it takes to complete each stage.
- Assign tasks to specific workers.
- Schedule tasks to ensure they’re done in the proper order.
- Give real-time inventory levels and production updates.
Inventory management is a critical part of every business. FBM provides powerful inventory management features to help your business manage multiple warehouses, track shipments, automatically reorder products, generate barcodes, and much more.
Fishbowl helps you:
- Dramatically speed up the receiving process.
- Track products on their way to customers.
- Create auto reorder points for every item in your warehouse.
- Integrate seamlessly with QuickBooks, Xero, Magento, and other solutions.
Generating purchase orders, sales orders, pick tickets and other essential documents is easier with FBM. Fishbowl smooths out the order management process so every step of the way you are in control of your inventory and have the information you need to make informed ordering decisions.
Fishbowl's order management features let you:
- Quickly receive products into your warehouse.
- Pick, pack, and ship products to customers.
- Track shipments to their destinations.
- Set up automatic reorder points for parts and products to keep a balanced inventory.
Serial & Lot Tracebility
FBM tracks each part's quantity and status on a per-location basis. Want to know how many raw materials and finished goods you have on hand? Simply check the Fishbowl database and that information will be right at your fingertips.
Fishbowl's part tracking feature:
- Monitors part levels and reorders them when they get low.
- Includes detailed maps of where parts are located in a warehouse.
- Tracks products by lot, serial, revision, and tag numbers.
- Adds up all the costs that go into manufacturing products, including labor costs.
- Simplifies unit-of-measure conversions.
Shipping is a basic function of any business, whether it's receiving inventory, transferring items between warehouses, or sending finished goods to customers. Fishbowl integrates with a variety of shipping solutions to ensure your orders get to the right places at the right times.
Shipping is easier with Fishbowl because:
- UPS shipping features are embedded in Fishbowl's interface.
- Fishbowl integrates with all major shipping companies, including USPS and FedEx.
- Fishbowl's partners expand its shipping compatibility even further.
- Plugins facilitate order fulfillment in Fishbowl.
Multi-currency conversions are available in Fishbowl. This allows you to create and receive sales orders and purchase orders in any currency and then convert them into your home currency for accurate accounting and tax records.
Fishbowl's multi-currency feature allows you to:
- Assign currencies to vendors and customers.
- Create sales orders and purchase orders in any currency.
- Integrate your currency preferences with QuickBooks.
- Ensure your total inventory costs and revenue are in the right currency.
Sales & Purchasing
Fishbowl's Sales Order module is so flexible you can use it to upgrade and customize products, save quick lists for speedy order fulfillment to returning customers, set up pricing tiers, and much more.
Fishbowl's sales & purchasing features include:
- Saving sales orders for later use when customers place the same order.
- Managing vendor relationships.
- Using discounts and variable pricing for different customer groups.
- Turning price quotes into sales orders.
- Customizing products with a configurator.
Fishbowl has a Dashboard module that gives you access to numerous reports and other business intelligence on your inventory. This enables you to make better business decisions because you have all the data you need.
These BI tools include:
- Better Inventory data to make better decisions.
- True cost of goods sold, accurate profit margins, and sales by location.
- Many gadgets and reports to distill complex data into a digestible format.
Fishbowl offers other additional products that augment the already-impressive feature set of Fishbowl Canada.