Last week, we covered how to set up an ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) connection to the Fishbowl database. That’s the basic framework you need in order to move on to other things, such as integrating with UPS WorldShip, FedEx Ship Manager, and Endicia. In the next three videos in this series, we’re going to cover how to set up the integration with each of these three shipping solutions. We’ll start with UPS WorldShip.
Downloading Mapping FilesThe first thing to do is to go to the UPS WorldShip Mapping Files page on the Fishbowl Wiki. That page has everything to help you get started. The version of Fishbowl that you’re using will determine which mapping files you’ll need to download and use. This video explains what to do with the files once you’ve got them on your computer. These steps are all nice and straightforward. Integrating Fishbowl with shipping solutions is extremely important, and as you can see from this video, it’s fairly quick and easy to integrate Fishbowl with UPS WorldShip. And we’re just getting started.
Next Video: How to Integrate with FedEx Ship ManagerWe’ll continue on this trajectory next week by talking about how to integrate Fishbowl with FedEx Ship Manager. We’ve got a dozen other videos in this series for you to check out, as well:
- How to Install the Fishbowl Server
- How to Create a New Database in Fishbowl
- How to Connect a Client to the Fishbowl Server
- How to Navigate the Fishbowl Client
- How to Add Data to the Fishbowl Database
- How to Find What You’re Looking for in the Fishbowl Wiki
- How to Contact Fishbowl Support
- How to Fix a Common Error When Exporting to QuickBooks
- How to Migrate Your Fishbowl Server
- How to Enter a New Fishbowl Software License Key
- How to Update the Fishbowl Server
- How to Set Up an ODBC Connection to the Fishbowl Database