Small business owners face many challenges when they’re just getting started, such as securing financing, finding customers and managing inventory. As small businesses grow they think they have to leave their accounting solution for a more expensive one in order to take their business to the next level. Fishbowl is the best inventory system for small businesses. It’s an affordable and robust inventory management software that’s flexible and can grow with you. It seamlessly integrates with accounting software, like QuickBooks, so that your accounting and inventory data are centralized and in sync.
Here are the three main benefits you’ll enjoy by implementing Fishbowl:
- Cut costs – For many businesses, inventory is their biggest expense. Small businesses don’t have money to waste, so they can’t afford to tie too much of it up in idle inventory. Using an inventory management system can help ensure you order just enough products or finished goods to avoid a shortage or overstock. This is referred to as lean inventory management, which means “trimming the fat,” and results in a fluid supply chain. Fishbowl provides the framework for this to happen.
- Increase productivity – Inventory management involves a lot of juggling and several different reports to monitor. Business owners have to constantly keep track of their on-hand inventory level, how much they are going to need, and how long it will take to receive new inventory. Use technology to your advantage and automate these time-consuming manual processes. A small business inventory control system helps managers accomplish all of this in a fraction of the time it would take to do it all by hand. You’ll be amazed at the time you’ll save.
- Eliminate errors – When you have a small operation, you might be tempted to keep costs down by doing all of your accounting and inventory management by hand, or in Excel spreadsheets. But if you write or type orders by hand, you run the risk of making typos or other errors. Using barcode scanners and inventory management software virtually eliminates these errors from your recordkeeping and improves your order management efficiency. Having confidence that your orders and records are accurate means you don’t have to do time-consuming physical checks of your inventory levels very often. Integrate your inventory control software with QuickBooks to completely get rid of double data entry.
To make these benefits possible, here are some of the key features the Fishbowl inventory system offers:
- Access Fishbowl on desktop computers or remotely from virtually any device or Web browser
- Track inventory across multiple locations and warehouses
- Set up automatic reorder points for every part in your inventory
- Seamlessly integrate with QuickBooks, Xero, Salesforce, Magento, Amazon, UPS, FedEx, and more
- Use inventory forecasting and reporting capabilities
- Generate and receive work orders on a multi-level basis
- Enjoy all the barcode functionality you need – generation, printing, and scanning
- Duplicate bills of materials for a variety of manufacturing jobs
- Pick, pack, and ship orders quickly
- Track employee hours, project costs, payrolls, and taxes
- View production stages throughout the manufacturing process
What exactly does Fishbowl’s integration with QuickBooks allow you to do?
- Update the general ledger with sales orders and purchase orders from Fishbowl
- Send accounting adjustments, such as inventory asset, cost of goods sold, and income, to the accounting solution
- Print invoices, packing lists, and other important documents to include with shipments
Big help for small business
No matter what industry you’re in, you can enjoy big benefits by using the best inventory management software. It can help you save money and keep the customers you serve happy. Request a Fishbowl demo with one of our inventory system specialists who will help you make an educated decision.