Welcome to another informative video in this long-running series on how to get started with, and navigate the finer details of, Fishbowl’s software. This time we’ll cover how to update the server.
Two Ways to Update the Server
When it comes time to update your Fishbowl server, you have two options: Do it automatically or do it manually.
Obviously, the easier way to update the server is to do it automatically. Just follow a few prompts and you’re done in just a couple of minutes. The part where you have to pay particular attention to is when it asks you where on the directory you’d like to install the new Fishbowl server. Make sure it goes to the same place as your current server.
The manual way requires quite a few more steps. In most cases, the automatic way is just fine. But if you want to take a more hands-on approach, take the manual route just follow the steps found in this video.
Next Video: How to Set Up an ODBC Connection
In the next video, we’ll cover how to set up an ODBC connection. ODBC stands for Open Database Connectivity, and it’s an essential step in integrating with shipping solutions.
Check out these other videos, as well:
- How to Install the Fishbowl Server
- How to Create a New Database in Fishbowl
- How to Connect a Client to the Fishbowl Server
- How to Navigate the Fishbowl Client
- How to Add Data to the Fishbowl Database
- How to Find What You’re Looking for in the Fishbowl Wiki
- How to Contact Fishbowl Support
- How to Fix a Common Error When Exporting to QuickBooks
- How to Migrate Your Fishbowl Server
- How to Enter a New Fishbowl Software License Key
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.