This is the shortest video yet in this series. That’s because it’s easy to enter a new software license key into Fishbowl.
First, you have to stop the server. Doing this makes it impossible for any client to connect to it, so it’s important to make sure no one is connected. A simple way to do this is to do it at a time when few people are likely to be logged in.
New license keys usually come via email, so all you have to do is copy and paste it in the appropriate field in the Fishbowl server. This video shows you just where to do that. And that’s really all there is to it.
Next Video: How to Update the Fishbowl Server
The Fishbowl server isn’t a stagnant entity. It needs to be updated from time to time. We’ll cover that in the next video.
Be sure to find step-by-step answers to frequently asked questions in these other videos:
- How to Install the Fishbowl Server
- How to Create a New Database in Fishbowl
- How to Connect a Client to the Fishbowl Server
- How to Navigate the Fishbowl Client
- How to Add Data to the Fishbowl Database
- How to Find What You’re Looking for in the Fishbowl Wiki
- How to Contact Fishbowl Support
- How to Fix a Common Error When Exporting to QuickBooks
- How to Migrate Your Fishbowl Server
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.