Prepare to enjoy another informative video in this long-running series. This week we’re covering how to migrate your Fishbowl server onto a new computer.
Migrating the Server in Four Steps
Computers don’t last forever. When you find yourself in a position that you need to migrate to a new server computer, you can simply follow these steps:
- Install Fishbowl on a new server computer
- Retrieve the database and additional information from the old server computer
- Move files to the new server computer
- Put the database on the new computer
Next Video: How to Enter a New Software License Key
Next week the video will explain how to enter a new Fishbowl software license key when your old one expires or some other change occurs that requires changing license keys. It’s a very simple process.
Here are all of the previous videos in this series:
- How to Install the Fishbowl Server
- How to Create a New Database in Fishbowl
- How to Connect a Client to the Fishbowl Server
- How to Navigate the Fishbowl Client
- How to Add Data to the Fishbowl Database
- How to Find What You’re Looking for in the Fishbowl Wiki
- How to Contact Fishbowl Support
- How to Fix a Common Error When Exporting to QuickBooks
Robert Lockard is a copywriter with Fishbowl. He writes for several blogs about inventory management, manufacturing, QuickBooks, and small business. Fishbowl is the #1-requested manufacturing and warehouse management software for QuickBooks users. Robert enjoys running, reading, writing, spending time with his wife and children, and watching movies.