A warehouse inventory management system is an essential tool for virtually any business that handles inventory. It allows you to keep track of many thousands of items, quickly reorder products when they get too low, and make sure you never have too many or too few products on hand. All of this improves your bottom line and even strengthens your relationships with customers by ensuring you can give them what they want when they want it. Whether you have a single warehouse or multiple warehouses, you can make use of this type of warehouse management system to help you make the most efficient use of your resources across the board as well as improve inventory accuracy.
Fishbowl Go is a great warehouse management solution for any small business. It gives you all of the tools that you will need to perform both simple and complex tasks in the warehouse to boost your business’ operational efficiency. These warehousing tasks vary widely, and they include such things as:
- Picking items off your shelves in the warehouse for either a single sales order or for multiple sales orders via batch picks.
- Packing products into containers that allow you to make the best use of space while also safely housing as many products as possible.
- Shipping products to customers and tracking their progress as they make their way to their destinations so you know they arrive on time.
- Ordering new items automatically with the aid of auto reorder points. You can run reports to see which items are getting low.
- Receiving inventory into your warehouse with the aid of barcode scanners and other mobile devices to instantly store data on them.
- Reconciling orders so that if you receive damaged items or the wrong number of items, you can return them and adjust the amount you pay to vendors.
- Cycle counting your inventory on a regular basis to ensure data accuracy across your warehouse to avoid miscounts and other issues.
- Tracking shipments and other raw materials or product movements through integrations with Endicia, OnTrac, ShipStation, ShipWorks, and ShipRush.
MANAGING INVENTORY IN MULTIPLE WAREHOUSES
In addition to these useful tools, Fishbowl Go also gives you the ability to manage inventory in multiple locations. We mentioned that briefly above, but it is important to elaborate on this topic because as you grow and expand beyond a single location, you will find that you need more advanced supply chain management features than you did with a smaller operation. So if you have multiple locations, you can make sure you have the right products and amounts at each one with the help of the right tools.
Every location that you operate in is different, and you will likely find that some products are more popular at one location than another. Because of this, you will need to be flexible in your inventory management strategy. There’s no one-size-fits-all strategy to balancing inventory level and order management. You must be able to track sales trends by location to make sure you have the optimal inventory levels at each one. Luckily, Fishbowl Go guides you through these challenges and makes complex warehousing and asset tracking tasks simpler.
Sign up for a free trial today to start using this advanced warehouse inventory management system.
A warehouse inventory management system is a software solution that helps businesses to keep track of the inventory in their warehouse(s). It allows businesses to quickly and accurately:
- Pick, pack, and ship orders
- Order new items
- Receive inventory
- Reconcile orders
- Cycle count
- Track shipments