The Zen Cart module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more Zen Cart shopping carts.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations module group.
- Select the plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Zen Cart module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, open the User Group module and assign the Zen Cart-View right to the appropriate groups as explained here.
To connect to Zen Cart, Fishbowl uses the default MySQL port (3306). Follow the steps below to establish the Zen Cart connection.
- Enter the Zen Cart store URL into the Zen Cart module, for example carts.mycompany.com
- Enter the database username and password, as well as the database name.
- Click the Test Connection button in the Zen Cart module to verify that the connection is valid and then click Save.
Multiple carts can be configured by clicking the New button, which will add another Zen Cart tab.
The table below shows how data transfers between Zen Cart and Fishbowl.
|Zen Cart order|
|Fulfilled sales order|
|Available for sale inventory (only inventory that has changed since the last export will be updated)|
|Zen Cart Product ID on Custom tab of the Product module|
|Zen Cart order number|
|Customer PO field, Custom tab of the Sales Order module, sales order number (optional)|
|Customer name & address|
|Bill To and Ship To|
|Creates a new customer or uses the generic customer specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
|All taxes are combined into the tax item specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
|Email field of the Details tab of the Sales Order module|
- Email - The email address to notify regarding integration information. Failed schedules will send an email to this address. Email can be configured on the Email tab of the Setup module.
Schedule Import Order
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson. This field is required.
- Carrier - When selected, sales orders will be created using this carrier.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Payment Method - Sales orders will be created using this payment method. This field is required.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group. This field is required.
- Customer - When selected, sales orders will be created using this customer for every order.
- If left blank, a customer will be created in Fishbowl with the customer information from the shopping cart.
- Alternatively, create a generic/web customer in Fishbowl that will be used for all imported orders. In this case, the billing/shipping name and address will still be imported for each order.
- SO Status - Orders can be imported as an estimate or issued status.
- Tax Item - Tax rate item for the total tax amount from Zen Cart. Can only specify a flat rate tax. If the list is empty, create a flat rate tax to be used with Zen Cart. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module, and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from Zen Cart.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Use store order number as SO Number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the Zen Cart order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
Schedule Export Order
Fishbowl can update the order in the shopping cart after items are fulfilled in Fishbowl. The shipment tracking number will also be exported to the shopping cart.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
Fishbowl only pulls products from Zen Cart. Products are not pushed from Fishbowl to Zen Cart. When pulling products to Fishbowl, the product sync should usually be scheduled to run before the order import. This will avoid any errors caused by new products that need to be imported before the order can be created in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to sync products on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
- Fail when missing SKU - When selected, the sync will log products with missing SKUs as errors. Otherwise, they are skipped.
- Weight UOM - The UOM for weight on products. This should match the UOM set in store settings on your Zen Cart shopping cart.
- Pull products to Fishbowl - When selected, products created in Zen Cart will be created in Fishbowl.
After installing the Zen Cart plugin, each product will have a Zen Cart Product ID custom field. When pulling products into Fishbowl, the product ID will be set automatically for products with matching SKUs. The correct product ID is required to successfully synchronize with Zen Cart.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to sync inventory on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
- Location Group - When selected, the Available For Sale inventory quantity will be used from this location group only. If left blank, the quantity from all location groups will be used.
- Enter an email address on the Settings tab to receive error notifications.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the cart, open the Schedule module.
- To reduce errors, the suggested order for running tasks is Products, ImportOrder, Inventory, ExportOrder.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- To view the history of a schedule task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- When applicable, click the Reset button to reset the last sync date. This can be used to force a more complete sync, instead of just syncing items that have changed since the last sync.
- Check for multiple versions of the plugin .jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two versions of the same plugin, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- Released on March 8, 2018
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2018.3
Features and Fixes
- New layout and updated feature set, including new mapping options for Product Import and Product Export.
- Released on July 13, 2017
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2017.6 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Released on April 13, 2017
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2017.3 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.3 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
Released on 3/15/2017 - For Fishbowl version 2017.2 and higher
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.2 version of Fishbowl
Released on 2/9/2017
- Issue: Order sync isn't correctly pulling the bill to address on an order, only the ship to address.
- Resolution: The bill to address is now pulling with the order sync.
Released on 8/11/2016
- Issue: Restarting the Fishbowl client resets the database password to the encrypted version.
- Resolution: Password now saves to utilize encryption key correctly.