The X-Cart module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more X-Cart shopping carts. The X-Cart Plugin works on X-Cart 5.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations module group.
- Select the plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the X-Cart module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, open the User Group module and assign the X-Cart-View right to the appropriate groups as explained here.
- Log in to the store administration page. This is typically the store URL followed by admin.php (for example, xcart.mystore.com/admin.php)
- Verify that the REST API module is installed and enabled and then click the Settings link below REST API.
- In the API key (read/write) field, enter a password that is as complex as possible and then click Submit.
- Enter the Store Url, and the API key (read/write) created in the previous step into the X-Cart module.
- Click the Test Connection button in the X-Cart module to verify that the connection is valid and then click Save.
The table below shows how data transfers between X-Cart and Fishbowl.
|Part & Product|
|Paid order with New shipping status|
|Fulfilled sales order|
|Quantity in stock|
|Available for sale inventory (only inventory that has changed since the last export will be updated)|
|Product & part number|
|Product & part description|
|X-Cart order number|
|Sales order custom field, Customer PO field, sales order number (optional)|
|Customer name & billing address|
|Customer name & shipping address|
|Creates a new customer or uses the generic customer specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
|All taxes are combined into the tax item specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
|All discounts are combined into the discount item specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
- Email - The email address to notify regarding integration information. Failed schedules will send an email to this address. Email can be configured on the Email tab of the Setup module.
Schedule Import Order
Orders will only be imported from X-Cart if they have a Paid payment status, and a New shipping status.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson. This field is required.
- Carrier - Sales orders will be created using this carrier.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Payment Method - Sales orders will be created using this payment method. This field is required.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group. This field is required.
- Customer - When selected, sales orders will be created using this customer for every order.
- If left blank, a customer will be created in Fishbowl with the customer information from the shopping cart.
- Alternatively, create a generic/web customer in Fishbowl that will be used for all imported orders. In this case, the billing/shipping name and address will still be imported for each order.
- SO Status - Orders can be imported as an estimate or issued status.
- Tax Item - Tax rate item for the total tax amount from X-Cart. Can only specify a flat rate tax. If the list is empty, create a flat rate tax to be used with X-Cart. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module, and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from X-Cart.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Shipping Item - Sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Discount Item - Discount item for the order discount amount from Shopify. Can only specify a flat rate discount.
- Use store order number as SO Number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the X-Cart order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
Schedule Export Order
Fishbowl can update the order in the shopping cart after items are fulfilled in Fishbowl. The shipment tracking number will also be exported to the shopping cart.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
When pulling products to Fishbowl, the product sync should usually be scheduled to run before the order import. This will avoid any errors caused by new products that need to be imported before the order can be created in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to sync products on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
- Fail when missing SKU - When selected, the sync will log products with missing SKUs as errors.
- Weight UOM - The UOM for weight on products. This should match the UOM set in store settings on your X-Cart shopping cart.
- Pull products to Fishbowl - When selected, products created in X-Cart will be created in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to sync inventory on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
- Location Group - When selected, the Available For Sale inventory quantity will be used from this location group only. If left blank, the quantity from all location groups will be used.
- Enter an email address on the Settings tab to receive error notifications.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the cart, open the Schedule module.
- To reduce errors, the suggested order for running tasks is Products, ImportOrder, Inventory, ExportOrder.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- To view the history of a schedule task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- When applicable, click the Reset button to reset the last sync date. This can be used to force a more complete sync, instead of just syncing items that have changed since the last sync.
- Check for multiple versions of the plugin .jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two versions of the same plugin, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- Released on July 13, 2017
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2017.6 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Released on April 13, 2017
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2017.3 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.3 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
Released on 3/15/2017 - For Fishbowl version 2017.2 and higher
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.2 version of Fishbowl