The Volusion module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more Volusion shopping carts.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Volusion plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Volusion module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Volusion-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Log in to the Volusion store administration page.
- Click the Inventory menu at the top and then select Import/Export.
- Click the Volusion API tab and then click Run button next to Generic\Orders.
- Click the Run button at the top of the page.
Shopping cart plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional Volusion options or notes are included at the bottom of each section.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the Volusion website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the Volusion module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the Volusion website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the Volusion settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another Volusion store.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Discount Item - Discount item for the order discount amount from Volusion. Can only specify a flat rate discount. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from Volusion.
- Use Volusion order number as Fishbowl SO number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the Volusion order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
- Assign Volusion order number to Customer PO field - When selected, the Volusion order number will be displayed in the Sales Order Customer PO field.
- Additional Volusion information
- Combine line item discounts into flat rate order discount - When selected, line item discounts will be combined with order discounts for a single flat rate discount.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign Volusion order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from Volusion that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer Name field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as Volusion customer.
- Use order Bill To address - Use the Bill To address from the Volusion order instead of the Fishbowl address for the default/generic customer.
- Use order Ship To address - Use the Ship To address from the Volusion order instead of the Fishbowl address for the default/generic customer.
- Use order customer - This option will import the Volusion customer instead of using a generic customer.
- Customer Name - Select the Volusion field that contains that customer name that should be imported to Fishbowl.
- Use Volusion customer name if selected field is blank - When selected, the Volusion customer name will be used if the value selected doesn't exist on the order.
- Customer Contact - Select the Volusion field that contains that customer contact that should be imported to Fishbowl.
- Phone Number - Select the Volusion field that contains that phone number that should be imported to Fishbowl.
- Email Address - Select the Volusion field that contains that email address that should be imported to Fishbowl.
- Use same carrier and carrier service for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from Volusion will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and Volusion.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the Volusion transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use same payment method for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from Volusion will use the selected payment method. If this option is unchecked, payment methods can be mapped between Fishbowl and Volusion.
- Flat Rate Tax Item - When selected, the tax amount from the Volusion order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from Volusion.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update Volusion order status - When selected, Volusion orders will be updated after the product(s) on the order have been shipped in Fishbowl. If left blank, Fishbowl will not update the status of the Volusion order.
- Check Volusion order status before fulfilling - When selected, the Volusion order status will be checked prior to attempting to send fulfillment information. If the Volusion order status has changed, no fulfillment information will be sent. This will increase the time required to complete the order fulfillment task.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ONE of the following options:
- My products already exist in Fishbowl and Volusion. They need to be linked together. - Select the fields that match between Volusion products and Fishbowl products.
- My products only exist in my Volusion store. They need to be imported into Fishbowl. - Map the fields that should be imported from Volusion into Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Volusion, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ANY of the following options:
- Create products in Volusion- Map the fields that should be imported from Volusion to Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Volusion, the default UOMs listed here will be used. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export All Products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to Volusion. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Update linked products in Volusion - This section has the same options as the Create products in Volusion section above. After the initial product export, only the selected fields will be updated.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to Volusion on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Location Group - When selected, the Available For Sale inventory quantity will be used from this location group only. If left blank, the quantity from all location groups will be used.
- Product Tree Filter - The export can be limited to certain product tree categories. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the Volusion button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the Volusion module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the Volusion.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two Volusion versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- If a Volusion export fails, it may be necessary to reset the export to be able to successfully import orders/products. To reset an export, click the Volusion API tab mentioned in step 3 of the setup. Click Run next to the generic export that needs to be reset. Select the date of the export that failed, and then click Reset export.
Do not skip this version unless installing the plugin for the first time. If you’re planning to update to a later version of Fishbowl, install 18.8 first, update your plugins, and open them so the data migrator (described below) can run. Then update Fishbowl to the desired version.
- Channel data, such as product IDs, variant IDs, etc. will no longer be stored in custom fields. New database tables will be created for this purpose. Data from your custom fields will be automatically migrated to the database the first time you open the plugin after updating. Data will still remain in the custom fields for reference. The custom fields can be deactivated.
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- Schedule task now gives a count of the items that were imported/exported. Error message will list items that failed.
- Will now use the account specified on the payment type (instead of the default) during order import.
- Fixed a bug regarding taxes in the Fishbowl Canada version.
- Ability to select which date field the Last Sync Date references.
- Shipping tax now accounted for in Fishbowl Australia version.
- Bug Fixes
- Updated for compatibility with Fishbowl version 2018.7
- Product import tab redesign. Now includes an order sync for situations where all products exist in both Fishbowl and the webstore.
- Product export tab redesign. Export and update have been separated. It’s now possible to update item fields in the webstore without doing a full product export.
- Settings have been relocated. They are now in a new tab.
- Added the ability to map a carrier service to an order priority in Fishbowl.
- Fixed a bug that was causing settings to not save.
- Volusion logo has been updated throughout the plugin.
- Redesigned Customer section in Order Import tab. **Reconfiguration of the customer settings will be required when you update to this version or beyond.
- Addition of a new order status mapping table. You can now import multiple statuses at the same time.
- Changed background color on headers in the Order Import tab when using the dark theme for better visibility.
- Payment import now pulls in currency rate if “Use Currency Conversion” is turned on in Fishbowl.
- Reworked to have the same functionality as the other “mastered plugins”.
- Added the ability to check if orders have been completed or cancelled before attempting to fulfill.
- Payment is not imported to Fishbowl for $0 orders.
- Payment terms are now pulled from the UI drop down instead of customer.
- Fixed issue with syncing inventory quantities that aren't whole numbers
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed a bug when a product exists in both FB and Volusion when syncing the product id custom field in FB did not update correctly.
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
- Issue: Product sync only allowed 100 items to sync at a time.
- Resolution: All products now sync correctly
- Issue: Cancelled orders import into FB.
- Resolution: Cancelled orders are no longer imported into FB.
- Issue: Sync failed if only one product is synced
- Resolution: Single products now sync
- Issue: Syncing product from FB to Volusion didn't return the product id to FB
- Resolution: Product ID is now stored in the product id custom field in FB
- Issue: Discount items not importing correctly
- Resolution: Discount items now import correctly on FB SO
- Issue: Order export does not add store group number to query causing orders to fail when pushed to Fishbowl.
- Resolution: Store group number is now included and order sync is working properly.