The Volusion module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more Volusion shopping carts.
- 1 Install
- 2 Setup
- 3 TABS
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Volusion plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Volusion module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Volusion-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Log in to the Volusion store administration page.
- Click the Inventory menu at the top and then select Import/Export.
- Click the Volusion API tab and then click Run button next to Generic\Orders.
- Click the Run button at the top of the page.
Shopping cart plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional Volusion options or notes are included at the bottom of each section.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the Volusion website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the Volusion module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the Volusion website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the Volusion settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another Volusion store.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Use currency conversion - Enabling this option will import orders and convert them from the transaction currency (when specified) to your Fishbowl database home currency. The currency rate(s) used will be the rate(s) specified in Fishbowl. When currency conversion is enabled, some additional fields will be available, including a currency/customer mapping table when Use a Default customer is selected.
- Assign Volusion order number to Customer PO field - When selected, the Volusion order number will be displayed in the Sales Order Customer PO field.
- Use Volusion order number as Fishbowl SO number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the Volusion order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
- Add an order number prefix - Define a prefix to be set on imported sales order numbers. This option is only available when using the order number from Volusion.
- Additional Volusion information
- Discount Item - Discount item for the order discount amount from Volusion. Can only specify a flat rate discount. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from Volusion.
- Combine line item discounts into flat rate order discount - When selected, line item discounts will be combined with order discounts for a single flat rate discount.
- Default Location Group - Select a default location group for imported orders.
- Location Group Mapping - Use the table to map location groups between Volusion and Fishbowl.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign Volusion order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from Volusion that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use a Default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as Volusion Customer.
- Use the Volusion Billing Address - Use the billing address from the Volusion order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Volusion Shipping Address - Use the shipping address from the Volusion order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Volusion Customer and Addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the Volusion order instead of using a generic customer.
- Name - Select the Volusion field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Alt Name - An alternate field mapping when the primary mapping does not contain data.
- Choose the source fields for the order contact data.
- Contact - Select the Volusion field that contains the customer contact that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Phone - Select the Volusion field that contains the phone number that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Email - Select the Volusion field that contains the email address that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Use same carrier and carrier service for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from Volusion will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and Volusion. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the Volusion transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use same payment method for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from Volusion will use the selected payment method.
- Link payment methods from Volusion - When selected, the table can be used to map payment methods between Volusion and Fishbowl.
- Always create payments - If no payment data exists for the order from Volusion, always create a payment in Fishbowl equaling the order total with the selected payment method.
- Do not create payment for international orders - If an international order is imported from Volusion, a payment will not be created in Fishbowl.
- Import Taxes - When selected, the tax amount from the Volusion order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from Volusion. If taxes are not imported, the Fishbowl payment will equal the order total before tax.
- Use Default Tax Item - With this option selected, the same tax item will be used for all orders.
- Use State Tax Mapping - This option allows different tax items to be used based on the Ship To state/province. If this option is enabled, the plugin will give an error when trying to import an order with a state that has not been mapped.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update Volusion order status - When selected, Volusion orders will be updated after the product(s) on the order have been shipped in Fishbowl. Shipment tracking information will also be sent from Fishbowl to Volusion.
- Check Volusion order status before fulfilling - When selected, the Volusion order status will be checked prior to attempting to send fulfillment information. If the Volusion order status has changed, no fulfillment information will be sent. This will increase the time required to complete the order fulfillment task.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that all of the products on your website will be imported.
Select ONE of the following options:
- My products already exist in Fishbowl and Volusion. They need to be linked together. - Select the fields that match between Volusion products and Fishbowl products.
- My products only exist in my Volusion store. They need to be imported into Fishbowl. - Map the fields that should be imported from Volusion into Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Volusion, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ANY of the following options:
- Create products in Volusion- Map the fields that should be imported from Volusion to Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Volusion, the default UOMs listed here will be used. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export All Products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to Volusion. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Update linked products in Volusion - This section has the same options as the Create products in Volusion section above. After the initial product export, only the selected fields will be updated.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to Volusion on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that it includes all of your products (or any applicable product tree filter) when updating inventory levels.
- Inventory Type - Select the inventory quantity that should be used during the update: Available For Sale or Inventory On Hand.
- Product Tree Filter - The export can be limited to certain product tree categories. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- Sync All Location Groups - Include inventory quantities from all location groups in the inventory sync. If this option is unchecked, selected location groups can be added by clicking the Add button.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the Volusion button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the Volusion module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the Volusion.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two Volusion versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- If a Volusion export fails, it may be necessary to reset the export to be able to successfully import orders/products. To reset an export, click the Volusion API tab mentioned in step 3 of the setup. Click Run next to the generic export that needs to be reset. Select the date of the export that failed, and then click Reset export.
- Fixed Typo in the payment panel
- Fixed (for supporting channels)where the image export was not working on the product export task
- Misc items are now supported on order import
- Fixed bug with state tax mapping table giving a bad error when a state was not mapped on an order
- Fixed advanced options error message when enabled and a day of the month wasn't specified
- Fixed advanced options error for order fulfillment task'
- Fixed data mapping error with many to one field mappings on product export
- Added ability to map Volusion's hyphenated order statuses
- Fixed product import bug with the product price mapping
- Fixed bug where orders would import without items
- On first load, a data migration task will run migrating carrier and payment mapping table data from the previous version
- On first load, existing scheduled tasks will be removed and need to be recreated by Saving the plugin
- Fixed bug where mapping validation error window appeared
- Fixed bug where smaller screens would cut off data in the Plugin UI
- Added UPC field as a mappable product field for product linking task
- Added option to use a tax mapping table on the order import task
- Fixed bug where the fulfillment task wasn't sending up the shipment tracking
- Various AU version fixes
- Added enhancement option to always record payments on incoming orders even when there is no payment data from the Channel
- Fixed bug when customer PO number did not populate correctly when the user did not have "Assign Channel Name order number to Customer PO field" checked
- Importing order taxes is now optional. With the option to create taxes disabled, if a payment is created the total will reflect the order total without tax
- Fixed bug where order import option to add on order number prefix was not saving
- Fixed bug when using the default payment method
- Changed so create taxes option is set by default
**Please note, this update will require you to re-enter the order status mapping table data when first loading the plugin**
- Added ability to choose whether to sync on hand vs. available to sale inventory quantity
- Improved status mapping error messages during order import using advanced options and the order status hasn't been mapped
- In the order import tab when using the customer matching option, we now provide an alternative mapping option if the first mapping option does not contain data from the cart
- Fixed bug to reenable editing of existing order status mapping
- Updated POS Import customer settings panel to have the same mapping options as the standard order import
- Updated Test Connection success/fail dialog box
- Added a popup window to notify users about status mapping tables being cleared
- On the Inventory Update tab the location group drop down box is now replaced with a checkbox called "Sync all Location Groups"
- When unchecked, a user-defined table gives ability to define which location group(s) will be used to sync to the Channel
- Added ability to map the SO contact, phone, and email fields when using the "Use default customer" option on the Order Import task
- Added option to add a custom prefix to the shopping cart order number on order import
- If the create payment option is enabled and not payment data comes through with the order, the order now imports rather than fails
- Fixed bug where the wrong inventory quantity was synced in the following scenario:
- When not using a location group (LG) filter and multiple LG's exist in the FB database and
- When one of the LG's has more inventory allocated than inventory available for all LG's combined
Do not skip this version unless installing the plugin for the first time. If you’re planning to update to a later version of Fishbowl, install 18.10 first, update your plugins, and open them so the data migrator (described below) can run. Then update Fishbowl to the desired version.
- Fixed bug where inventory updates all linked products instead of the first linked product in the list in FB
- Channel data, such as product IDs, variant IDs, etc. will no longer be stored in custom fields. New database tables will be created for this purpose. Data from your custom fields will be automatically migrated to the database the first time you open the plugin after updating. Data will still remain in the custom fields for reference. The custom fields can be deactivated.
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- Schedule task now gives a count of the items that were imported/exported. Error message will list items that failed.
- Will now use the account specified on the payment type (instead of the default) during order import.
- Fixed a bug regarding taxes in the Fishbowl Canada version.
- Ability to select which date field the Last Sync Date references.
- Shipping tax now accounted for in Fishbowl Australia version.
- Bug Fixes
- Updated for compatibility with Fishbowl version 2018.7
- Product import tab redesign. Now includes an order sync for situations where all products exist in both Fishbowl and the webstore.
- Product export tab redesign. Export and update have been separated. It’s now possible to update item fields in the webstore without doing a full product export.
- Settings have been relocated. They are now in a new tab.
- Added the ability to map a carrier service to an order priority in Fishbowl.
- Fixed a bug that was causing settings to not save.
- Volusion logo has been updated throughout the plugin.
- Redesigned Customer section in Order Import tab. **Reconfiguration of the customer settings will be required when you update to this version or beyond.
- Addition of a new order status mapping table. You can now import multiple statuses at the same time.
- Changed background color on headers in the Order Import tab when using the dark theme for better visibility.
- Payment import now pulls in currency rate if “Use Currency Conversion” is turned on in Fishbowl.
- Reworked to have the same functionality as the other “mastered plugins”.
- Added the ability to check if orders have been completed or cancelled before attempting to fulfill.
- Payment is not imported to Fishbowl for $0 orders.
- Payment terms are now pulled from the UI drop down instead of customer.
- Fixed issue with syncing inventory quantities that aren't whole numbers
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed a bug when a product exists in both FB and Volusion when syncing the product id custom field in FB did not update correctly.
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
- Issue: Product sync only allowed 100 items to sync at a time.
- Resolution: All products now sync correctly
- Issue: Cancelled orders import into FB.
- Resolution: Cancelled orders are no longer imported into FB.
- Issue: Sync failed if only one product is synced
- Resolution: Single products now sync
- Issue: Syncing product from FB to Volusion didn't return the product id to FB
- Resolution: Product ID is now stored in the product id custom field in FB
- Issue: Discount items not importing correctly
- Resolution: Discount items now import correctly on FB SO
- Issue: Order export does not add store group number to query causing orders to fail when pushed to Fishbowl.
- Resolution: Store group number is now included and order sync is working properly.