|Transfer Order Training Videos|
The Transfer Order module, located in the Materials group, allows items to be transferred between locations by either shipping or moving the items. Items can also be moved to the part's default location and replenished according to the part's reorder levels.
- 1 PROCESS
- 2 FUNCTIONS
- 3 MODULE OPTIONS
1. Create a transfer order
To create a transfer order, open the Transfer Order module and click the New button on the module toolbar.
Select the Type of transfer order from one of the following three options:
- Ship - Items can be transferred to any specified location. To complete the transfer order, the items will be picked, packed, shipped, and received.
- Move - Items can be transferred to any specified location. The items only need to be picked to complete the transfer order.
- Putaway - Items are transferred to the part's default location within the specified location group. The items only need to be picked to complete the transfer order.
2. Add items
To add an item to a transfer order, type the part number or description into the Part field and press Enter. Items may also be added by clicking the Drop Down Arrow button or by clicking the Part Search button.
Transfer order items have two types. The default type is Send. A send type item will leave the From Location and be sent to the To Location.
There is also an option to reverse the direction of the transfer by editing the item and changing the type to Receive. A receive type item will leave the To Location, and be received into the From Location.
If both Send and Receive type items are on a transfer order, a separate pick will be created for each location.
To be edited, an item must have an Entered status. An item that has been partially picked will have a status of Partial and cannot be edited or deleted, even if it is on hold in the Picking module. The changes to the items will be saved when the transfer order is issued or saved. If any edits are made to a transfer order that has already been issued, Fishbowl will adjust the pick list.
3. Issue a transfer order
When all of the correct items have been added to the transfer order, click the Issue button in the module toolbar. Alternatively, the order can be saved in an Entered status and completed at a later time.
4. Fulfill a transfer order
- Move and Putaway orders are fulfilled once the picking process is finished. Click the To Pick button to open the current order in the Picking module.
- A Ship type order will need to be shipped in the Shipping module and received in the Receiving module before it is fulfilled.
Request replaces the Issue button if a user doesn't have access to a location group selected on the order. When users create orders, only the location groups they have access to will be listed on the Owner side of the order. The Owner checkbox is used to show which location group requested the order. After an order is requested, it can then be issued by a user with access to the location group that is not marked as Owner.
To Pick opens the current transfer order in the Picking module.
To Receive opens the current transfer order in the Receiving module.
Print sends the default module report to the printer.
Fulfill a miscellaneous item
A miscellaneous item is an item that is not tracked in inventory but can be added to an order. To add a miscellaneous item, click the Add Item button on the right and enter a part number, description, UOM, and any other desired information. A miscellaneous item can be fulfilled by highlighting the item and clicking the Fulfill button to the right. The Fulfill button is enabled once the order is issued, and can also be accessed by right-clicking a miscellaneous item. The transfer order must be saved after an item has been fulfilled.
In the case of a Ship type transfer order, the miscellaneous items will be fulfilled in the Receiving module.
The Details tab displays additional details about the transfer order.
The History tab shows a log of actions taken upon the currently displayed transfer order. Prior to saving a transfer order, the history is blank. Once entries are available, they will be in chronological order. The columns may be moved and resized by clicking and dragging the column headers and moving the dividers between them.
The Comment column displays a description of the event or action performed. Some rows in the history will have a link to a related item.
To replenish inventory through a transfer order, use the Replenish wizard.
- Click the Replenish button on the module toolbar to open the Replenish Wizard.
- Choose to either Ship the inventory or Move it to a chosen location. If the order is shipped, the order will be sent to the Shipping module. If the order is to be moved, it will not be shipped. Click Next.
- Enter the location that the inventory is being sent to in the To field. Enter the location the inventory is coming from in the From field. The To location group will also be used for calculating the quantities needed based on each part's reorder points. Click Finish now or proceed to the final step of the wizard.
- If desired, apply part filters and date range filters. Click Finish.
If the order was set to be shipped, it will now be waiting in the Picking module to be picked and then sent to the Shipping module. A ship order will be complete upon being received. If the order was set to be moved, it will be available within the Picking module only and will be complete when picked.
Some aspects of the Transfer Order module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Next Number
- The characters entered in this field will be used as the next order number. Every time a new order is created, the final group of numbers will be increased by one. For example, Pier1-Order99-LA will be incremented to Pier1-Order100-LA.
- Transit Location Group
- When inventory is in transit between two location groups, it will be temporarily placed in a Transit location. The transit location can be created in the To location group or the From location group of the transfer order.