- Part cost is set as inventory enters Fishbowl.
- When a part is purchased, the final part cost is determined in the Receiving module.
- When manually adding inventory, the part cost is entered in the Unit Cost field.
- When cycling inventory in, the new inventory will receive the current cost that is listed on the Costing tab of the Inventory module
- If a part is manufactured, the costs of the raw goods are used to determine the cost of the finished good.
- NOTE: When inventory leaves Fishbowl (sold, scrapped, etc.), the cost that is exported to the accounting system will rarely match the individual cost of that item when it entered inventory. Instead, a part's cost fluctuates according to the current cost of the selected costing method.