The TaxJar module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with TaxJar. Fishbowl also provides an integration with Avalara AvaTax. TaxJar takes the hassle out of managing the many complex taxing laws and automatically returns a total tax amount based on the taxable order total and the shipping address.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the TaxJar plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the TaxJar module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the TaxJar-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Click the Account dropdown in your TaxJar account and select TaxJar API (requires a TaxJar Pro subscription).
- Paste the Live API token into the the TaxJar module. The sandbox token can also be used during testing to avoid TaxJar charges.
- Select a flat rate tax item in Fishbowl or create a new $0 flat rate tax in the Tax Rate module.
- Click the Save button in the module toolbar.
- All products must be marked as taxable in Fishbowl or they will not be sent to TaxJar. The taxable checkbox on each product can also be changed on the sales order.
- To calculate tax, click the TaxJar button on the Sales Order module toolbar.
- A tax line item will then be added to the bottom of the sales order with the total tax amount.
- If any changes are made to the order, the tax line item will need to be deleted and recalculated.
July 2021 - Beta release