The Square module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with Square Point of Sale.
- 1 Install
- 2 Setup
- 3 TABS
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Square plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Square module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Square-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
Complete the steps below to configure the Square integration.
- Click the Settings button on the module toolbar of the Square module.
- Create an account, or sign into an existing account.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the Square settings.
Several plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional Square options or notes are included at the bottom of each section. System properties also allow advanced options to be enabled for the Square plugin.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that all of the products on your website will be imported.
The product import task imports products into Fishbowl from Square. A product link is created by storing the Square product ID in Fishbowl. Select ONE of the following options:
- Link existing products - This option will match existing products in Fishbowl and Square where data matches in the selected fields.
- Unlink missing products - This option will remove the product linking in Fishbowl for products that no longer exist.
- Import products - This option will import products from Square into Fishbowl, creating them based on the field mapping and selected settings. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Square, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Product Create Settings - This section is not enabled for Square.
- Product Update Settings - Enable Update linked products and then map the fields that should be exported from Fishbowl to Square. Enable Export new products and then map the fields that should be exported from Fishbowl to Square. A default weight UOM and size UOM can also be specified. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export all products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to Square. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to Square on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that it includes all of your products (or any applicable product tree filter) when updating inventory levels.
- Export company wide inventory - Include inventory quantities from all location groups in the inventory sync. If this option is unchecked, selected location groups can be added by clicking the Add button.
- Inventory Type - Select the inventory quantity that should be used during the update: Available, Inventory On Hand, or Available To Pick.
- Product Tree filter - The export can be limited to certain product tree categories. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- Specify Min/Max Inventory Quantity - With this option enabled, the maximum inventory quantity sent to Square can be limited. For example, if there is an available quantity of 4000 in Fishbowl, the quantity in Square could be set to 999. If there is an available quantity of 3 in Fishbowl, the minimum quantity field could be used to send a quantity of 10 to Square.
- Include Quantities Available To Build - When enabled, this option calculates and includes available to build quantities from applicable bills of material in the inventory push. When a product is sold individually but also used as an input for a bill of material, both quantities are pushed to the channel when applicable. Please note, this could lead to overselling in the scenario described..
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Order field mapping - Use the mapping table to map Square order fields to Fishbowl order fields. If no field is mapped to the Fishbowl Order Number, then it will be generated by Fishbowl. If no date field is mapped to the Fishbowl Date Scheduled, then it will be set to the date of import.
- Default Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Default Class - If there is no class mapped from Square, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Default Payment Terms - If there are no payment terms mapped from Square, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Default Shipping Terms - If there are no shipping terms mapped from Square, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Discount item - Select the flat rate discount type that will be added as a line item to imported orders. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from Square.
- Order number prefix - An order number prefix can be defined which will be applied to order numbers mapped from Square.
- Use currency conversion - Enabling this option will convert order currencies from the Fishbowl customer's default currency to your Fishbowl home currency, using the rates defined in the Currency module. When currency conversion is enabled, some additional fields will be available, including a currency/customer mapping table when Use a Default customer is selected.
- Additional Square information
- Combine all discounts - Enabling this option will sum up all of the line item discounts and apply them as one order discount.
- Add Discount Code to Line Item Notes - Enabling this option will add the discount code to the line item notes.
Order Item Settings
- Item field mapping - Use the mapping table to map Square order item fields to Fishbowl order item fields. If the Fishbowl price is not mapped, then the price from the Fishbowl product will be used and any applicable pricing rules applied. If the Fishbowl description is not mapped, then the description from the Fishbowl product will be used.
- Shipping item - Select the shipping type product that will be added as a line item to orders when applicable. It will contain the shipping price to be paid by the customer.
- Ignore miscellaneous items - If this option is selected, Square order items that are not related to an actual Square product record will be ignored and no Fishbowl line item will be created.
- Enable order import product linking - Square order items will be matched to Fishbowl products based on the defined field mapping. If the Square product has been linked by ID to a Fishbowl product, that will take precedence.
- Product field - The Fishbowl product field that will match the selected Square item field.
- Square item field - The Square order item field that will match the selected Fishbowl product field.
Order Status Settings
- Use the table to assign Square order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from Square that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
Location Group Settings
- Use location group mapping - Use the table to map location groups between Square and Fishbowl.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use Default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as Square Customer.
- Use the Square Billing Address - Use the billing address from the Square order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Square Shipping Address - Use the shipping address from the Square order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Square Customer and Addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the Square order instead of using a generic customer.
- Name - Select the Square field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Alternate Name - An alternate field mapping when the primary mapping does not contain data.
- Ship to address mapping - Use the table to choose which Square fields are imported into the Fishbowl Ship To Name and Street Line fields.
- Bill to address mapping - Use the table to choose which Square fields are imported into the Fishbowl Bill To Name and Street Line fields.
- Coalesce addresses - If one address is missing, use the existing address for both the shipping and billing address.
- Create missing states - Automatically create missing states.
- Use default carrier/service - When selected, all orders imported from Square will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and Square. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Use carrier mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map carriers between Square and Fishbowl.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the Square transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use a default payment method - When selected, all orders imported from Square will use the selected payment method.
- Use Payment method mapping - When selected, the table can be used to map payment methods between Square and Fishbowl.
- Always create payments - If no payment data exists for the order from Square, this option will always create a payment in Fishbowl equaling the order total. If payment mapping is enabled, orders without payment data will show "None" as the payment method type.
- Remove taxes from payment - When selected, the tax amount will be deducted from the payment total.
- Ignore international payments - Payments will not be created for orders placed outside the United States. This setting is only available if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Currency - Select the currency type you accept in Square. This is a required setting if Use Currency Conversion is enabled in the Currency module.
- Import Taxes - When selected, the tax amount from the Square order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from Square. If taxes are not imported, the Fishbowl payment will equal the order total before tax.
- Use Default Tax Item - With this option selected, the same tax item will be used for all orders.
- Use State Tax Mapping - This option allows different tax items to be used based on the Ship To state/province. If this option is enabled, the plugin will give an error when trying to import an order with a state that has not been mapped.
- Only new orders are imported. Orders are not updated once they have been imported. Returns and refunds are not imported.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can be viewed or modified by clicking the Square button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the Square module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the Square.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two Square versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.