The SolidWorks module, located in the Manufacturing group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with SolidWorks CAD Design Software. Fishbowl will import the parts and assemblies needed to create the bill of materials in Fishbowl.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations module group.
- Select the plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the SolidWorks module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Manufacturing module group.
- To grant access to additional users, open the User Group module and assign the SolidWorks-View right to the appropriate groups as explained here.
To import assembly files, SolidWorks must be installed on the same computer as Fishbowl.
- Open the SolidWorks module and click the Add button.
- Select the SolidWorks assembly files and then click Open. The files will be added to the Search pane on the left of the SolidWorks module.
- Double-click a file in the search pane to open the assembly details.
- Place a checkmark next to the configurations that should be imported, and then click the Import button.
Fishbowl will use the component name from SolidWorks to create the necessary parts, BOMs, and stages in Fishbowl. After clicking the Import button, the new bill of materials will be visible in the Bill of Materials module. To update the bill of materials after making changes in SolidWorks, repeat steps 3 and 4.