The Shopify module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more Shopify shopping carts.
- 1 Video
- 2 Install
- 3 Setup
- 4 TABS
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 6 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Shopify plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Shopify module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Shopify-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Log into the Shopify store, for example https://storename.myshopify.com/admin
- Click Apps and then click Manage Private Apps at the bottom.
- Click Generate API credentials and then enter an app title.
- In the Permissions section, select Read and write for all of the permissions except Disputes, Applications, and Analytics and then click Save app.
Shopping cart plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional Shopify options or notes are included at the bottom of each section.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the Shopify website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the Shopify module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the Shopify website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the Shopify settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another Shopify store.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Discount Item - Discount item for the order discount amount from Shopify. Can only specify a flat rate discount. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from Shopify.
- Use Shopify order number as Fishbowl SO number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the Shopify order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
- Assign Shopify order number to Customer PO field - When selected, the Shopify order number will be displayed in the Sales Order Customer PO field.
- Additional Shopify information
- Combine line item discounts into flat rate order discount - When selected, line item discounts will be combined with order discounts for a single flat rate discount.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign Shopify order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from Shopify that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use a Default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as Shopify Customer.
- Use the Shopify Billing Address - Use the billing address from the Shopify order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Shopify Shipping Address - Use the shipping address from the Shopify order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Shopify Customer and Addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the Shopify order instead of using a generic customer.
- Name - Select the Shopify field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Contact - Select the Shopify field that contains the customer contact that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Phone - Select the Shopify field that contains the phone number that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Email - Select the Shopify field that contains the email address that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Use same carrier and carrier service for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from Shopify will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and Shopify. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Additional Shopify information
- Click here to see which carriers Shopify supports.
- Follow the instructions below to map carriers between Shopify and Fishbowl.
- Log into Shopify.
- Click the Settings menu on the left and then select Shipping.
- Copy the carrier and service information.
- Open the Carrier Mapping section on the Order Import tab and then click the New button.
- Enter the Shopify carrier and service information into Fishbowl.
- Select the corresponding Fishbowl Carrier/Service
- Select the Sales Order Priority that corresponds with this carrier/service. This helps Fishbowl users to identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Click Add to save the mapping, or click Next to save the mapping and enter a new mapping.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the Shopify transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use same payment method for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from Shopify will use the selected payment method. If this option is unchecked, payment methods can be mapped between Fishbowl and Shopify.
- Additional Shopify information
- Follow the instructions below to map payment methods between Shopify and Fishbowl.
- Log into Shopify.
- Click the Settings menu on the left and then select Payments.
- Copy the exact payment method name from the payment methods section.
- Open the Payment Mapping section on the Order Import tab and then click the New button.
- Paste the Shopify payment method name into Fishbowl.
Other possible examples:
- PayPal Express Checkout
- Shopify Payments
- Amazon Pay
- Cash on Delivery (COD)
- Bank Deposit
- Money Order
- Select the corresponding Fishbowl Payment Method and then click the Save button.
- Follow the instructions below to map payment methods between Shopify and Fishbowl.
- Flat Rate Tax Item - When selected, the tax amount from the Shopify order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from Shopify.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update Shopify order status - When selected, Shopify orders will be updated after the product(s) on the order have been shipped in Fishbowl. If left blank, Fishbowl will not update the status of the Shopify order.
- Check Shopify order status before fulfilling - When selected, the Shopify order status will be checked prior to attempting to send fulfillment information. If the Shopify order status has changed, no fulfillment information will be sent. This will increase the time required to complete the order fulfillment task.
- If a carrier on an order is not an approved carrier by Magento it will be set to Custom Value.
- For a list of accepted carriers please see Carriers.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ONE of the following options:
- My products already exist in Fishbowl and Shopify. They need to be linked together. - Select the fields that match between Shopify products and Fishbowl products.
- My products only exist in my Shopify store. They need to be imported into Fishbowl. - Map the fields that should be imported from Shopify into Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Shopify, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ANY of the following options:
- Create products in Shopify- Map the fields that should be imported from Shopify to Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Shopify, the default UOMs listed here will be used. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export All Products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to Shopify. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Update linked products in Shopify - This section has the same options as the Create products in Shopify section above. After the initial product export, only the selected fields will be updated.
- Additional Shopify information
- Include Product Image - When selected, the Fishbowl product image will be exported to Shopify.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to Shopify on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Location Group - When selected, the Available For Sale inventory quantity will be used from this location group only. If left blank, the quantity from all location groups will be used.
- Product Tree Filter - The export can be limited to certain product tree categories. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- The POS Import tab has essentially the same settings as the Order Import tab but is used to import point of sale orders from Shopify.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the Shopify button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the Shopify module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the Shopify.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two Shopify versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- If you are getting a Failed to run scheduled task error, it is likely due to upgrading from Shopify 2.x to 3.x because of the layout change within the plugin. The following fix re-installs the plugin, which will require you to re-enter your store login information and import/export settings. Make sure to write that information down before proceeding with the following steps.
First, open the Plugin module and click the Uninstall button for the Shopify plugin. Then restart the Fishbowl server. Next, open the Plugin module, click the Install button for the Shopify plugin, and then restart the Fishbowl server again. Finally, re-enter the store login information and the import/export settings and then click the Save button.
- When running the order import sync, an error may displayed that states Could not import order, product X does not exist. To verify that the product in Fishbowl is linked to the correct product in Shopify, complete the following steps.
- Using a web browser, log into the Shopify admin page and navigate to the product listed in the error message.
- Right-click anywhere on the page and click View page source or View source. This will open up the page source code in another tab.
- Press ctrl + f to search within the page.
- In the search bar, type variant_id
- Confirm that the variant ID found in the page source is the same number listed in the Shopify Product ID field of the Custom tab tab of the Product module.
- If the numbers do not match, copy the variant ID from Shopify and paste it into the Shopify Product ID field. Then click the Save button in the Fishbowl Product module.
- In the Shopify module, run the Order Import sync again.
- Added ability to map the SO contact, phone, and email fields when using the "Use default customer" option on the Order Import task
- Added ability to map the SO contact, phone, and email fields on the POS Order Import task
- Added option to add a custom prefix to the shopping cart order number on order import
- Fixed bug on product export where the product image is duplicated every time the sync runs
- If the create payment option is enabled and not payment data comes through with the order, the order now imports rather than fails
- Multiple payments are now created in Fishbowl when the incoming order has multiple payment methods
- Fixed bug where the wrong inventory quantity was synced in the following scenario:
- When not using a location group (LG) filter and multiple LG's exist in the FB database and
- When one of the LG's has more inventory allocated than inventory available for all LG's combined
- Now providing a better error message when receiving a null pointer exception when the customer doesn't exist in Shopify channel
- Fixed bug on product export not sending up the Product image to Shopify
- Fixed bug where the Shopify location group mappings are cleared when clicking the connect button again
- Fixed bug when clicking next in the Shopify location group mapping table
- Fixed bug where the order import for Canada orders would bring in discount lines as tax-exempt causing order totals to be off
- Fixed bug that prevented saving id's manually on anything other than the primary cart
- Fixed bug where drop-ship items caused an error on order fulfillment task
- Fixed bug on inventory sync where multiple products linked and only the first variant gets updated
Do not skip this version unless installing the plugin for the first time. If you’re planning to update to a later version of Fishbowl, install 18.8 first, update your plugins, and open them so the data migrator (described below) can run. Then update Fishbowl to the desired version.
- Channel data, such as product IDs, variant IDs, etc. will no longer be stored in custom fields. New database tables will be created for this purpose. Data from your custom fields will be automatically migrated to the database the first time you open the plugin after updating. Data will still remain in the custom fields for reference. The custom fields can be deactivated.
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- Schedule task now gives a count of the items that were imported/exported. Error message will list items that failed.
- Will now use the account specified on the payment type (instead of the default) during order import.
- Fixed a bug regarding taxes in the Fishbowl Canada version.
- Fishbowl product images can now be exported to Shopify.
- Ability to select which date field the Last Sync Date references.
- Shipping tax now accounted for in Fishbowl Australia version.
- Bug Fixes
- Updated for compatibility with Fishbowl version 2018.7
- Compatibility with Shopify’s new multi-location feature, which includes the addition of a location mapping table.
- Product import tab redesign. Now includes an order sync for situations where all products exist in both Fishbowl and the webstore.
- Product export tab redesign. Export and update have been separated. It’s now possible to update item fields in the webstore without doing a full product export.
- Settings have been relocated. They are now in a new tab.
- Added the ability to map a carrier service to an order priority in Fishbowl.
- Fixed a bug that was causing settings to not save.
- Redesigned Customer section in Order Import tab. **Reconfiguration of the customer settings will be required when you update to this version or beyond.
- Added fulfillment statuses to the status mapping table in the Order Import tab
- Addition of a new order status mapping table. You can now import multiple statuses at the same time.
- Changed background color on headers in the Order Import tab when using the dark theme for better visibility.
- Payment import now pulls in currency rate if “Use Currency Conversion” is turned on in Fishbowl.
- Laid the groundwork for a bug fix regarding dates when fulfilling orders with only service type items.
- Added the ability to check if orders have been completed or cancelled before attempting to fulfill.
- Payment is not imported to Fishbowl for $0 orders.
- Payment terms are now pulled from the UI drop down instead of customer.
- Enhancement to the Order Import. If the carrier is empty on the data coming from the shopping cart, it will be defaulted to "Will Call" in Fishbowl.
- Enhancement to the Order Import. The customer phone number and email will attempt to be pulled from the shopping cart customer data. If that data isn't available on the customer, then it will attempt to be pulled from the billing address on the order. If that data isn't available in the billing address, then it will be pulled from the shipping address.
- Enhancement to Canada version of Fishbowl. Added an option in the Order Import panel to allow for prioritizing which tax is used on orders. If check box is checked, product tax will be used first. If no product tax has been assigned, then province tax will be used.
- Enhancement to allow payments to be applied to Sales Orders in an "Estimate" status when orders are imported.
- Fixed a bug where already fulfilled orders were causing errors.
- Fixed a bug where orders were erroring out if they have a Carrier on the order that isn't supported by Shopify. Now, if a Carrier on an order in Fishbowl isn't supported by Shopify, the Carrier is set to "None" when the order is exported to Shopify. To see which carriers Shopify supports, click this link.
- Any "Stamps.com" carrier in Fishbowl will now be changed to "USPS" when the order is exported to Shopify.
- Enhancement so "Miscellaneous Fees" come in on orders.
- Enhancement for international customers where the tax code moves between Fishbowl and their channel. Tax code must exist in Fishbowl for it to be used with this process.
- Fixed a bug where imported orders weren't being "Fulfilled" in Fishbowl when the "Fulfilled" status option is selected in the Order Import.
- Fixed a bug where Carrier information was importing into Fishbowl, but not the Carrier Service.
- Fixed a bug where the Customer name from the Ship To address wasn't being put in the "Name" field on the address.
- Improved the way Fishbowl looks at Class on orders.
- Improved plugin UI for Order Import
- Added a checkbox to Product Export to allow all products to be exported
- Improved error messages
- Fixed a bug with payment mapping
- Fixed a bug with the Customer selection on Order Import
- Fixed a bug where orders with kits weren't being fulfilled
- Fixed a bug where discounts were being duplicated on orders
- Fixed a bug where incorrect address were being applied to orders for Default customers
- Improved the process for customer creation in Fishbowl. Fishbowl now looks at the Last Name, Zip Code, and Email Address from the Billing Address on orders when creating customers. If all fields match, the order is applied to that customer in Fishbowl. If they don't match, a new customer is created.
- Fixed a bug with the way flat rate discounts were being added to orders
- Improved POS Import functionality
- Updated POS Import layout
- Fixed a bug with payment mapping
- Custom field added to orders for housing the Shopify order number
- Fixed a bug with tracking numbers being sent to incorrect orders in shopping cart.
- Fixed a bug with order import not calculating line item percentage-based discounts correctly.
- Product Import and Product Export required field mappings are not editable.
- Fixed a bug with product variants not importing or exporting correctly.
- Fixed several bugs with the POS Import looking at the incorrect order status, payment mappings not being created, and the payment mapping checkbox not working.
- Fixed a bug with order fulfillment.
- Enhanced the Order Import to allow for orders to use a predetermined prefix from Shopify.
- Fixed order-level and line item discounts.
- Fixed a bug with the refresh button.
- Fixed a bug with sales order line item type associated with kits.
- Fixed a bug in the Canada version where non-inventory items weren't being taxed by province.
- Fixed issue with customers getting a "number format exception" error.
- Fixed issue with order import where discounts weren't being applied correctly in Fishbowl.
- Interim Release
- Interim Release
- New layout and mapping options
- Improved functionality for importing orders containing kits
- Fixed order import to already used the FB assigned product type rather than set all to "sale" type
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed issue calculating and using the correct tax codes for discount items in AU version
- Fixed bug with nested product tree and syncing errors
- Fixed issue for Australia with the shipping item calculating tax correctly
- Fixed bug with POS orders failing when importing orders with kit items
- Fixed incorrect tool tips on the product panel
- Fixed inventory sync to also account for allocated items
- Improved product sync to include kit items
- Improved inventory syncing to include updating kit quantities that have non-inventory items
- Improved speed of syncs
- Fixed bug for AU version of Fishbowl - shipping item(s) tax code set incorrectly
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.3 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
- Canada and Australian version tax functionality fixes and enhancements
- Compatibility fixes for Fishbowl 2017.2
- Auto-Archived POS orders are now pulled into Fishbowl for fulfillment
- Changed the order number pulled from Shopify to the "order_number" field when populating in the FB SO
- Updated product mapping options with more flexibility
- Added option to import orders without a payment
- Orders with Kits now export and update the order status correctly in Shopify
- Fixed Shopify POS order import for hyphenated orders
- Orders with missing addresses on order import now provide a user-friendly error message
- Added ability to send fulfillment status to Shopify if dropship items are on the FB SO
- Moved the line item id to custom line item field instead of the line item note field
- Order notes from Shopify now come into the SO note field
- Product weights are now synced
- Added ability for product fields to update after the initial sync is complete
- Kit inventory quantities now update with the correct quantities
- Shopify Order email maps to the FB SO email field
- Kits now import correctly to FB SO
- Fixed last sync date issue to set the sync date from the time the task begins, not when it ends.
- Added ability to set the last sync date
- Issue: Manually linking a kit doesn't pull the kit product number, it pulls the title or SKU based on settings.
- Resolution: The kit product number is now used for linking.
- Issue: Orders that are already fulfilled in Shopify when Fishbowl attempts to update the order display an ambiguous error message about URL ID's.
- Resolution: Error message now clearly indicates the order number / order ID.
- Issue: Bad error message when weight UOM field isn't populated.
- Resolution: Defaults to lbs when not set.
- Issue: Weight field lists as required but is not actually required.
- Resolution: Field is now required.
- Issue: Order address is only pulling the first line, not any secondary line address information.
- Resolution: Address now pulls both Address line 1 and line 2.
- Issue: Product sync doesn't correctly pull default weight UOM or product weight.
- Resolution: weight and weight UOM are now set correctly during product sync.
- Issue: Pulling products from Shopify only syncs a portion of the products, the last 250 are left off.
- Resolution: Product pull now includes all products.
- Issue: Tooltip for mapping products doesn't fully explain the mapping process.
- Resolution: Tooltip has been updated to properly explain mapping.