The ShipStation module, located in the Sales group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with ShipStation's eCommerce shipping software. After an order has been picked in Fishbowl, the order information will be sent to ShipStation. After the order has been processed in ShipStation, carrier, service, tracking number, and carton costs will be sent back to Fishbowl. The ShipStation module also provides a browser view to access the ShipStation interface from within the Fishbowl Client.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the ShipStation plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the ShipStation module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Sales module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the ShipStation-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Opening the ShipStation module will begin the setup process, or click the Settings button to modify settings.
- Click the link on the Integration tab and log into ShipStation. This will open the ShipStation API Settings page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the API Key and API Secret. Place the windows side by side and use Ctrl + c to copy the values and Ctrl + v to paste them into Fishbowl.
- On the ShipStation website, click the Store Settings button. On the left side, click Selling Channels, select Store Setup, and then click Edit next to the store name. Click the Products tab and verify that the settings match those shown below. Then click Save Changes.
- To change the shipment sync schedule, click the drop-down arrow on the right side of the Shipments button in Fishbowl and then click Change Settings.
Activate a schedule and then click Save.
- To change the fulfillment sync schedule, click the drop-down arrow on the right side of the Fulfillments button in Fishbowl and then click Change Settings.
Activate a schedule and then click Save.
- After activating a schedule, click the Shipments button or the Fulfillments button in the ShipStation module to sync immediately.
- Buttons for exporting shipments and importing fullfillments are also located at the top of the Shipping module.
- To import carriers from ShipStation, click the Carriers button.
- After an order has been picked in Fishbowl, the order information will be sent to ShipStation during the next sync.
- After the order has been processed in ShipStation, the carrier, service, tracking number, and carton costs will be sent back to Fishbowl during the next sync. This information will be added to the first carton in Fishbowl. If there is more than one package, ShipStation generates a tracking number that will track the combination of packages.
- The Ship Num in Fishbowl is used to connect orders. If an order is split in ShipStation, it will be assigned a new order number and only the original order will be tied to the Fishbowl shipment.
- Upon sync, the order will be fulfilled in Fishbowl.
To get shipping rates, click the Ship Quote button in the Sales Order module.
Some aspects of the ShipStation module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- The ShipStation module includes a browser view to access the ShipStation interface from within the Fishbowl Client. The Back button and Forward button can be used to control the browser. To have the browser log in automatically, each Fishbowl user can enter their ShipStation Username and Password.
- Address - Select the default ship from address. This is required for accurate rate quotes.
- Use shipment number prefix 'S' on ShipStation orders - When selected, ShipStation will display the 'S' prefix for shipments from Fishbowl sales orders.
- Use product number for SKU - When selected, the Fishbowl product number will be sent as the ShipStation order item SKU.
- Use residential address for quotes - When selected, rate quotes will be for residential addresses.
- Fail if missing state code - When selected, orders missing a state code will not be exported to ShipStation.
The table below shows how data transfers between ShipStation and Fishbowl.
|Entered or Packed shipment (SO or PO)|
|SKU or product number|
|Total item weight|
|Order issue date|
|Ship To & Bill To||
|Ship To address|
|ID stored on the Custom tab of the Shipping module|
|Carrier and Service||
|Added to the first carton|
|Added to the first carton|
|Added to the first carton|
Integrating Fishbowl AND your seller site (i.e. WooCommerce, Shopify) directly to ShipStation can cause issues with processing shipments in Fishbowl. De-activate any direct integration between ShipStation and your seller site to avoid these issues. This is done in the ShipStation>Selling Channels settings. Fishbowl will push any shipment/tracking updates directly to the site.
- While exporting from Fishbowl to ShipStation, an ID is stored on the Custom tab of the shipment to avoid sending duplicate orders to Shipstation.
- To view the ShipStation scheduled tasks, open the Schedule module.
- The scheduled tasks can be edited to add an email address for error notifications.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- To view the history of a schedule task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Click the Reset button to reset the last sync date. This can be used to force a more complete sync, instead of just syncing items that have changed since the last sync.
- The plugin will now update the carrier and service when tracking info is brought back into FB when changed/updated in ShipStation.
- Improved speed and efficiency when syncing data between FB and SS. Note- for some customers this issue caused timeout errors.
- Fixed bug where everytime you open the plugin or switch back to it, it tells you that "You have not yet integrated with Shipstation. Would you like to integrate now?
- Fixed bug where credit return PO's wouldn't push up to ShipStation
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- Bug Fixes
- Transfer orders now export to ShipStation.
Please Read - Before updating to version 2.7 you will need to cancel all open shipments in ShipStation before running a sync. Failure to do so will cause orders to duplicate. You can then re-push those orders. This is not applicable if you are connecting Fishbowl to ShipStation for the first time.
- Orders with no state will now export without error to ShipStation unless the newly created option “Fail if missing state code” is selected. If the box is checked, all orders with states will export even if there are orders missing states. The error message in that case will indicate which orders failed.
- Price from ship type sales order items is now sent up to ShipStation. It goes towards the shipping paid in the order summary section.
- Performance enhancements on import.
- The integration now looks at the residential flag on the ship to address on the sales order when requesting a quote. If the residential box is checked it will provide a residential quote.
- Fixed a bug where decimals on weights were being truncated.
- Added option to use the Fishbowl product number as the SKU in ShipStation. The product description will be mapped to item name if selected.
- Fixed a bug where the "S" prefix wasn't being added to the Sales Order number when that option is selected.
- Fixed a bug where duplicate orders were being created in ShipStation.
- Enhancement to import orders into Fishbowl from ShipStation with statuses of fulfilled and shipped.
- Added option to select default shipping item used for Ship Quote feature
- Improved error messaging
- Fixed bug creating duplicate orders in ShipStation when multiple cartons exist in FB Shipment
- Added a scroll bar to the rate quote window
- Fixed bug when fulfilling sales orders with shipping items added to the order from using the Ship Quote feature
- We now send the phone number when sending shipments to ShipStation
- Improved error message when running order sync and carrier from ShipStation is not found in Fishbowl
- Added error message when using the quote feature and weight limits are exceeded for the carrier and no quote can be completed
- Fixed bug when no sales order is loaded and trying to use the quote button caused the client to freeze
- Added option to remove the shipment number prefix "S" for syncing orders
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.3 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
- Fixed issue with international orders requiring a state
- Fixed issue creating duplicate shipments in ShipStation with partially shipped orders
- Fixed issue with partial orders not sending over all line items to ShipStation
- Push Carrier and Carrier Method (when selected) from FB SO to ShipStation Order
- Added reset last sync button
- Push Carton Dimensions (when defined) from FB to ShipStation
- Push product price from FB to ShipStation
- Orders synced to SS will push over the customer email address
- Issue: Transfer orders don't import to ShipStation
- Resolution: Transfer orders are now included in the shipment sync to ShipStation.
- Issue: syncing orders can create duplicate data when the order of operations isn't carried out correctly.
- Resolution: Sync to and from Fishbowl have been combined into a single button