The Fishbowl ShipExpress module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. The plugin connects to Shippo to provide integration with UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, and more. After installing the plugin, new buttons are added to the top of the Sales Order module and the Shipping module. The buttons are used to get shipping quotes, verify addresses, purchase labels, process batch shipments, view labels, view tracking, and refund labels. Shippo settings are configured in the Fishbowl ShipExpress module.
- 1 Install
- 2 List of carriers
- 3 Setup
- 4 Settings
- 5 Sales Order buttons
- 6 Shipping buttons
- 7 Product and Customer buttons
- 8 MODULE OPTIONS
- 9 Troubleshooting
- 10 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Fishbowl ShipExpress plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Fishbowl ShipExpress module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the ShipExpress-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
List of carriers
Fishbowl ShipExpress automatically integrates with any carrier that is enabled in the Shippo carrier settings.
Listed below are several carriers supported by Shippo. For a complete list, click here.
- APC Postal
- Asendia US
- Australia Post
- Canada Post
- Deutsche Post
- DHL Express
- DHL Express and DHL eCommerce
- DHL Germany
- Fastway Australia
- FedEx and FedEx SmartPost
- GLS France
- GLS Germany
- Hermes UK
- Mondial Relay France
- RR Donnelley
- UPS and UPS Mail Innovations
- Open the Fishbowl ShipExpress module and complete the form to sign up for a Shippo account.
- The $.05 label fee that Shippo charges will be waived if the Shippo account is created in Fishbowl, or by using this link.
- If the sign-in window doesn't load, click the Save button.
- If you already have a Shippo account, click Log in and enter your Shippo account information.
- Expand each Settings section to configure the integration.
- In the Ship From Settings enter at least one ship from address.
- In the Miscellaneous Settings select a default shipping item.
- Quotes can't be added to a sales order until carriers are mapped.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module.
Ship From Settings
- Click the Add button to configure which addresses will be used when shipping from each location group.
- The Ship From Phone Number is used when validating addresses.
- Click the Add button to assign a product's Country of Origin and Tariff # for international shipments.
This information can also be edited by clicking the Product Info button in the Product module.
- By default, addresses fields are already mapped between Fishbowl and Shippo, but these mappings can be adjusted if necessary.
- Click the Add button to configure a customer with their own carrier account numbers and billing preferences.
This information can also be edited by clicking the Customer Info button in the Customer module.
- Shippo can validate international addresses. For pricing, see the Global Address Validation line on Shippo's pricing page.
- When purchasing a new label for an international shipment, the fields above will be used as the default values in the customs declaration dialog.
- If the carrier provides a commercial invoice for international shipments, it will be included in the same document as the shipping label.
Click the ShipExpress button at the top of the Sales Order module to access the following features.
- Click the Quote button in the Sales Order module to view rates. Rates will be shown for each applicable carrier that is enabled in the Shippo carrier settings.
- If a USPS account is marked as Test in the Shippo carrier settings it may show rates in Fishbowl, but will not generate labels. Other carriers marked as Test will not be visible in Fishbowl.
- The Weight shown in the quote window is calculated using the details of the products on the sales order.
- Predefined carrier cartons can be selected, or custom carton sizes can be entered. After changing any options, click Get Rates to get updated rates.
- After clicking Add to Sales Order the rate, carrier, and service will be updated on the sales order.
- Adding a quote does not purchase a label, but allows the shipping estimate to be added and charged to the sales order customer.
- Click the Shipment Extras button to access additional shipment options.
- Click the Verify button in the Sales Order module to validate addresses for all orders with the selected status.
- Click the Return Label button in the Sales Order module to generate a return label for credit return items on the sales order.
Click the ShipExpress button at the top of the Shipping module to access the following features.
- After changing any fields that affect the rate, the button at the bottom will change to Update Rates.
- If Third Party or Recipient billing is selected in the Customer Settings, the Billing Info field will populate with the associated information.
- Click the Shipment Extras button to access additional shipment options.
- Click the View Labels button to display any labels that have been purchased for the current shipment.
- Click the Refund labels button to request a refund from Shippo for any labels purchased for the selected shipment.
- Click the Product Info button in the Product module to edit the ShipExpress settings for the selected product.
- Click the Customer Info button in the Customer module to edit the ShipExpress settings for the selected customer.
Some aspects of the Fishbowl ShipExpress module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Default Batch Label Handling
- Select the default option for labels when using Batch Shipping
- Default Batch PDF Handling
- Select the default option for PDFs when using Batch Shipping.
- Not getting expected rates back?
- Check the address and validate it using the address validation tool in the Sales Order module. Certain carriers will not return rates when addresses aren't completely correct.
- Make sure you have a phone number listed on the sales order details tab. Certain shipments require a phone number to be provided.
- USPS shipments are limited to a single carton. Multiple carton shipments will not return rates for USPS.
- For international shipments, ensure the product table is filled out in the plugin settings for each corresponding product on the order. Country of Origin and Tariff Numbers are required for customs when shipping internationally.
- Check out Shippo's support page for more info on how to successfully ship internationally
- If a label doesn't show up, or something doesn't work correctly, check the Shippo shipment for errors.
- Some carriers may limit the number of characters that can be printed on each line of a label (for example 35 characters). Click here for more information.
- You cannot mix packaging types between your packaging and carrier flat rate type packaging.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the ShipExpress plugin in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two files named shipexpress or fishbowl-shipexpress, exit the Fishbowl Server and all clients, remove the older version of the plugin, and then restart the server.
- Fixed "Weight of items cannot be larger than parcel weight" error even when the carton and item weights matched (10/8)
- Fixed customs item value bug to multiple the quantity times the value for the total item value (10/8)
- Fixed duplicate carton bug when using the quote feature (10/9)
- Fixed bug with recipient ph# being required even when included in the purchase label window (10/13)
- Added ability to edit addresses and refresh address validation (10/8)
- Added customs value and customs description column to the product table in the plugin setup. When specified those values will be used for the customs declaration (10/8)
- All new batch ship wizard experience (10/8)
- Fixed bug with US address ph# - we now validate that the ph# is 10 digits (9/21)
- Fixed null error on csv import for the customer and product settings tables (9/21)
- Shipping module now refreshes automatically with the tracking and other data after purchasing a label (9/21)
- Fixed COD Amount field grayed out in Shipment Extras dialog (9/23)
- Fixed Return Label tool tip in the SO module (9/23)
- Fixed bug with COD on shipment extras when trying to edit after choosing COD (10/1)
- Fixed refresh issue when adding a shipping line to a Sales Order (10/1)
- Fixed bug in certain scenarios where USPS labels couldn't be purchased without receiving an error (10/1)
- Batch shipping now has a wizard approach which allows you to validate address and either save/print at the end of the batch purchase (9/21)
- Customs items are now editable in the customs declaration dialog on the items tab (9/21)
- All shipment extras are now on the Shipment extras button in the quote/purchase dialogs with options for insurance, retail rates, alcohol, dry ice, signature confirmation, and more
- The quote module buttons are consolidated and now include a button to purchase a return shipping label for a credit return sales order (9/21)
- Return shipping labels carrier, service, and tracking are now saved in a custom field for reference later (9/21)
- Improved address verification with ability to edit addresses in line and refresh the validation (10/1)
- Improved batch shipping with new wizard (10/1)
- Fixed rate limiting issue with more than 4000 addresses when validating addresses (8/13)
- Fixed weight UOM error for intl orders (8/13)
- Fixed bug with case sensitivity on carrier mappings (8/13)
- Fixed bug with FedEx Intl Freight shipping (8/13)
- Fixed bug when using batch shipping and ph# was required (8/13)
- Fixed blank error message when country code missing on the ship to address (8/13)
- Fixed Shipment out of Date error when purchasing a label (8/13)
- Fixed bug when switching between billing types in the purchase dialog and the associated fields not resetting as expected (8/13)
- Fixed blank error when associated custom field and location groups were not specified correctly (8/13)
- Fixed bug when adding and removing cartons in the quoting feature and the weights not updating correctly when requoting (8/13)
- Fixed issues causing certain shipments to not return rates for all expected carriers (8/13)
- Various bug and UI fixes (8/13)
- Fixed bug adding FedEx International freight to Fishbowl Sales Order when selecting during quoting (8/24)
- Fixed 3rd Party billing error with UPS shipments (8/27)
- Fixed bug when adding shipping line item to a sales order using the quote feature and the so item total price wasn't saving to the database correctly (8/27)
- Fixed bug with fulfilling an order when 3 or more cartons are involved (9/11)
- Added Authenticate button on the toolbar to reopen the Shippo Oauth flow after initial setup of the plugin as needed (8/13)
- Delivery Signature options now available (8/13)
- Plugin now supports Purchase and Transfer Orders now available (8/13)
- Added account billing zip and country to the customer settings table for recipient and 3rd party billing types (8/13)
- Address validation in the SO module now sets the Residential flag on the FB address when applicable (8/13)
- Added ability to map carriers/services on the fly in the SO and Ship modules when selecting a carrier/service that isn't already in the mapping table
- Added label reference fields mapping options for purchase and transfer orders (8/13)
- Improved error handling with more useful error messages (8/24)
- Recipient and 3rd Party Billing Enhancements including (8/24):
- Added "Name" field to customer table in settings (8/24)
- Removed "Sender" type from customer table (8/24)
- Restricted 3rd Party and Recipient billing to UPS and FedEx only to coincide with Shippo's supported billing types (8/24)
- When a given customer default is 3rd Party or Recipient billing, when purchase dialog loads, only the applicable carrier services (8/24)
- With 3rd Party/Recipient billing selected no other carrier/services rates shown without first changing the billing type to "Sender" (8/24)
- Cost is not added back to Fishbowl cartons with 3rd Party or Recipient billing (8/24)
- UPS requires zip and country when present on billing. Will receive error from Shippo when applicable (8/24)
- Carrier mapping dialog now only loads when finalizing purchase of labels if carrier/service is not already mapped (8/24)
- Shipping Ph# now shown in purchase label dialog and can be changed/added rather than having to go back and add to the SO (8/24)
- Performance improved when purchasing labels - labels now load much faster (8/24)
- FedEx One-Rate rates now shown when applicable (8/24)
- Added international shipment settings panel (7/9)
- Added customs declaration dialog when international shipment is selected to purchase a label (7/9)
- Fixed option to leave order unfulfilled in Fishbowl after updating the carrier/service/tracking in Fishbowl (7/9)
- Fixed problem with not getting rates back for all carriers
- Commercial invoices from Shippo are included now for intl shipments
- Various error messaging and UI Fixes
- Added default Ship From phone number to plugin settings Ship From Settings panel
- Added default Ship From phone number to the settings panel (6/11)
- Fixed refunds for shipments with multiple labels (6/11)
- Fixed bug with recipient billing (6/11)
- Fixed flat rate shipments not displaying/charging the correct rates (6/11)
- Fixed issue with not sending through phone numbers when needed by carriers for certain shipments (6/11)
- Various other bug fixes (6/11)
- Fixed bug where the carrier and carrier service were not updated in Fishbowl after purchasing a label (6/16)
- Fixed issue with third party billing giving an error when trying to purchase the label (5/21)
- Fixed bug with the cost not coming back into Fishbowl after purchasing the label if the user manually refreshes the shipment in Fishbowl
- Fixed bug where batch shipping would load a blank error message
- Removed unnecessary Fishbowl generated custom fields from teh Ref # 1 and Ref # 2 dropdowns so they do not show up as mappable
- All new plugin with new features.
- *Note - current settings will not migrate with users required to configure the plugin after installing the update.
- Point release bug fixes enables carrier rates and UOM conversion bug in quoting (4/30)
- Point release bug fixes issue when the purchase label dialog loads blank and flat rate markup on quote not working correctly after refreshing (5/12)
- Point release enhancement to allow users to define default carton dimensions for the quote dialog (5/12)
- Fixed Fishbowl ShipExpress not creating label for international shipments null error
- Fishbowl compatibility release
- Fixed bug where the country selection couldn't be changed when creating a label
- Default wieght uom is now lbs but can be changed to kg
- On first load, when no api key has been entered, a popup directs the customer to create an account and generate the API key
- Fixed bug where non-inventory parts on an order would cause an error when trying to generate a quote
- Fixed bug where using the ship quote and no flat rate cartons are appearing in the carton drop-down
- Fixed bug where the Ship Accounts button in the customer module was not showing the carrier info in the mapping table
- Shipments with more than 10 cartons is now supported
- Fixed bug with adding ship quote to SO when letters/symbols in the SO number
- Fixed bug moving items to different cartons
- Fixed incorrect error for shipping weight
- Fixed bug with carton based shipping enabled in Fishbowl
- Fixed bug with the retail rates setting when using the create label option
- Fixed issue with flat rate cartons
- Improved error messaging using rate quote feature
- Fixed bug where FedEx ground was not showing as an available option
- Fixed the carton functionality in the ship quote
- Fixed multiple cartons not saving the carton details after setting and toggling between cartons
- Fixed UOM conversion issue
- Fixed "Add to SO" button in the quoting dialog
- Added an enhancement to include USPS flat-rate carton types to the cartons list in ship quote
- Added an enhancement to set cost to "0" when "Default Ship Account Type" in Fishbowl ShipExpress settings is "3rd party" or "recipient"
- General UI enhancements
- Added a "Clear" button for carton details (resets all details fields - i.e. no carton selected)
- Added enhancement when quoting, set the selected carrier/service on the SO after the user clicks add to SO button
- When purchasing a label we now filter line items in cartons to only inventory type items
- Fixed bug where we were adding the wrong phone number to the labels
- Fixed bug where not pulling negotiated rates
- Fixed the bug when shipping international, Fishbowl ShipExpress now lets the user create a label if an individual product weight is under 1lb
- Fixed bug displaying ship quote button error with international orders in sales order module
- Fixed bug displaying incorrect quote weight conversion
- Fixed bug where quote would not allow 9 or more cartons to be added to orders
- Fixed bug where quote button would not display the quote window on FB Canada
- Fixed truncation bug on labels with 3 address lines
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- International Shipping! Fill out a customs declaration form and print a commercial invoice without leaving Fishbowl.
- Added Recipient and 3rd Party billing with the ability to store ship accounts per customer.
- Now uses OAuth to connect and authenticate Shippo account (Reconnection is required in this version).
- Fishbowl ShipExpress is no longer associated with Fishbowl Commerce. Settings are now completely within the plugin itself. No functionality has been added or removed.
- If you update to this version you will be required to input your settings again.
- Fixed weight issue using the quote feature with weight UOM other than lbs used
- Fixed issue where add text on label was not linked to the create label button
- Fixed bug with JX browser viewing labels
- Fixed issue with the check rates feature in the shipping info window
- Fixed bug when using the create label button and the shipment has 6 or more cartons, only 5 labels were created
- Fixed issue when a shipment has already been fulfilled manually in FB and the scheduled task is also trying to fulfill the shipment from Fishbowl ShipExpress
- Added Recipient and 3rd Party Billing functionality
- Fixed bug when update carton cost option is checked and cost field not updating
- Fixed various bugs in the commerce shipping window
- Fixed an issue when the shipping information wasn't being pushed to Fishbowl ShipExpress after using the create label button.
- Fixed "method not found in 3rd party library" error
- Optimized address verification to ignore the first line of an address if it does not have number.
- Added a setting to set retail rates to be displayed when getting ship quote.
- Added a setting to use the declared value field on the ship carton to purchase insurance. Note: Insurance is purchased through http://www.shipsurance.com/
- Added a setting to disable the shipping cost from being set on the shipment carton after creating a label.
- Added a warning that shows when trying to run the ship quote without any carriers set to display rates.
- Added a warning that shows when there is no phone number set for the default main office address in Fishbowl.
- Updated the ship from "name" to pull from the name instead of the address name.
- Fixed an issue where the ship from phone number was not being set properly.
- Fixed an issue that was causing shipping services not be be imported when saving the Fishbowl ShipExpress settings.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Shippo Key not to save for new accounts.