The ShipExpress module, located in the Sales group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with ShipExpress and provides shipping integration with UPS, FedEx, and USPS.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the ShipExpress plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the ShipExpress module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Sales module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the ShipExpress-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Sign up for a Shippo account at http://lets.goshippo.com/fishbowl
- Click here to generate your API token.
- Open the ShipExpress module, located in the Sales group.
- Paste the API token into the API Key field.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module.
- Set shipping cost on the carton - Use this option to add the shipping cost onto the carton.
- Purchase shipping insurance when the Declared Value is set on a carton - Turn on the setting for purchasing insurance when the declared value field is set. This will purchase insurance for the label through your Shippo account using http://www.shipsurance.com/
- Show warning for zero weight items - Show warning when getting a quote for an order with zero weight items.
- Default Ship Account Type - Choose the default account type to use when clicking the Create Label button: Sender, Recipient, 3rd Party
Ship Quote Button
- Show Carrier Rates - Select the carriers that should be displayed when checking shipping rates with the ship quote button: FedEx, UPS, USPS, Australia Post, Canada Post, DHL Express, DHL eCommerce
- Default Shipping Product - Select a shipping type product that will be used when a shipping charge is added to the sales order after selecting a rate in the ship quote module.
- Apply Rate Markup - Set a percentage or a flat markup for shipping charges that are added to the sales order.
- Get retail shipping rates when using the Ship Quote button on a sales order - Displays retail shipping rates instead of negotiated rates.
Customs Declaration Defaults
- Non-Delivery Option - Indicates how the carrier should proceed in case the shipment can't be delivered: Abandon, Return
- Contents Type - Type of goods in the shipment: Documents, Gift, Sample, Merchandise, Humanitarian Donation, Return Merchandise, Other
- See International shipments for more information.
Click the Ship Quote button in the Sales Order module to view rates.
- The address will be validated through the selected shipping carrier (UPS, FedEx, etc.).
- USPS cartons can be selected or custom carton sizes can be entered.
- After clicking Add to SO the rate, carrier, and service will be updated on the sales order.
Click the Create Label button in the Shipping module to choose which account will pay for shipping and to purchase a shipping label.
To store account numbers, open the customer in the Customer module and click the Ship Accounts button at the top.
Click the View Label button in the Shipping module to view the purchased shipping label.
End of day reports
- UPS and FedEx - When you create a UPS or FedEx label in ShipExpress, there is no need to print an End of Day report (as you would in UPS Worldship, for example). This is because all the information in that End of Day report is automatically sent to UPS/FedEx by Shippo each time you create a label. If your driver asks you for an End of Day report at pickup, just let them know that the necessary information was already electronically sent to the carrier through your third-party label printing service.
- USPS - You can create shipping manifests directly from your Shippo account: https://app.goshippo.com/shipments/manifests/
Return labels can be generated directly from your Shippo account. https://goshippo.com/user/shipments/
ShipExpress provides the following features that apply to international shipments.
- The country of origin and tariff number for each product can be set on the Custom tab of the Product module.
- The country of origin can also be customized by double-clicking any sales order item.
- Custom Declaration Defaults can be set at the bottom of the ShipExpress module.
- Customs declarations and commercial invoices can be printed when creating a label.
- Fishbowl compatibility release
- Fixed bug where the country selection couldn't be changed when creating a label
- Default wieght uom is no lbs but can be changed to kg
- On first load, when no api key has been entered, a popup directs the customer to create an account and generate the API key
- Fixed bug where non-inventory parts on an order would cause an error when trying to generate a quote
- Fixed bug where using the ship quote and no flat rate cartons are appearing in the carton drop-down
- Fixed bug where the Ship Accounts button in the customer module was not showing the carrier info in the mapping table
- Shipments with more than 10 cartons is now supported
- Fixed bug with adding ship quote to SO when letters/symbols in the SO number
- Fixed bug moving items to different cartons
- Fixed incorrect error for shipping weight
- Fixed bug with carton based shipping enabled in Fishbowl
- Fixed bug with the retail rates setting when using the create label option
Fixed issue with flat rate cartons
- Improved error messaging using rate quote feature
- Fixed bug where FedEx ground was not showing as an available option
- Fixed the carton functionality in the ship quote
- Fixed multiple cartons not saving the carton details after setting and toggling between cartons
- Fixed UOM conversion issue
- Fixed "Add to SO" button in the quoting dialog
- Added an enhancement to include USPS flat-rate carton types to the cartons list in ship quote
- Added an enhancement to set cost to "0" when "Default Ship Account Type" in ShipExpress settings is "3rd party" or "recipient"
- General UI enhancements
- Added a "Clear" button for carton details (resets all details fields - i.e. no carton selected)
- Added enhancement when quoting, set the selected carrier/service on the SO after the user clicks add to SO button
- When purchasing a label we now filter line items in cartons to only inventory type items
- Fixed bug where we were adding the wrong phone number to the labels
- Fixed bug where not pulling negotiated rates
- Fixed the bug when shipping international, ShipExpress now lets the user create a label if an individual product weight is under 1lb
- Fixed bug displaying ship quote button error with international orders in sales order module
- Fixed bug displaying incorrect quote weight conversion
- Fixed bug where quote would not allow 9 or more cartons to be added to orders
- Fixed bug where quote button would not display the quote window on FB Canada
- Fixed truncation bug on labels with 3 address lines
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- International Shipping! Fill out a customs declaration form and print a commercial invoice without leaving Fishbowl.
- Added Recipient and 3rd Party billing with the ability to store ship accounts per customer.
- Now uses OAuth to connect and authenticate Shippo account (Reconnection is required in this version).
- ShipExpress is no longer associated with Fishbowl Commerce. Settings are now completely within the plugin itself. No functionality has been added or removed.
- If you update to this version you will be required to input your settings again.
- Fixed weight issue using the quote feature with weight UOM other than lbs used
- Fixed issue where add text on label was not linked to the create label button
- Fixed bug with JX browser viewing labels
- Fixed issue with the check rates feature in the shipping info window
- Fixed bug when using the create label button and the shipment has 6 or more cartons, only 5 labels were created
- Fixed issue when a shipment has already been fulfilled manually in FB and the scheduled task is also trying to fulfill the shipment from ShipExpress
- Added Recipient and 3rd Party Billing functionality
- Fixed bug when update carton cost option is checked and cost field not updating
- Fixed various bugs in the commerce shipping window
- Fixed an issue when the shipping information wasn't being pushed to ShipExpress after using the create label button.
- Fixed "method not found in 3rd party library" error
- Optimized address verification to ignore the first line of an address if it does not have number.
- Added a setting to set retail rates to be displayed when getting ship quote.
- Added a setting to use the declared value field on the ship carton to purchase insurance. Note: Insurance is purchased through http://www.shipsurance.com/
- Added a setting to disable the shipping cost from being set on the shipment carton after creating a label.
- Added a warning that shows when trying to run the ship quote without any carriers set to display rates.
- Added a warning that shows when there is no phone number set for the default main office address in Fishbowl.
- Updated the ship from "name" to pull from the name instead of the address name.
- Fixed an issue where the ship from phone number was not being set properly.
- Fixed an issue that was causing shipping services not be be imported when saving the ShipExpress settings.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Shippo Key not to save for new accounts.