From FishbowlQuickBooks, QuickBooks Online Plus, or Xero. The information listed below is specific to QuickBooks Online. General accounting information is available in the Accounting module.
- Which versions of QuickBooks Online are supported by Fishbowl?
- Fishbowl integrates with the US version of QuickBooks Online Plus. Only the Plus version of QuickBooks Online has the necessary features (purchase orders, inventory journal entries, etc.). The Canadian version of QuickBooks Online is not supported yet.
- Are there any limitations with QuickBooks Online?
- Below are some of the current limitations with Fishbowl's integration with QuickBooks Online. Most of these limitations will be addressed in upcoming releases.
- Item information isn't imported automatically from QuickBooks Online to Fishbowl. The item list in QuickBooks Online can be exported manually and then imported into Fishbowl.
- Customers created in Fishbowl will not be sent to QuickBooks Online until an order is created for that customer.
- The bill reference number doesn't export from Fishbowl to QuickBooks Online.
- Can't create parts in QBO if it already exists as inventory type
- No negative payments
- Limited functionality with customer jobs
- Customer PO# doesn't transfer
- Does QuickBooks Online work on a Mac and on Linux?
- Yes. QuickBooks Online runs in the cloud, independent of the operating system, and the Fishbowl server exports data to QuickBooks Online. The Fishbowl server and client can run on Windows, Linux, Mac, or any combination of those operating systems.
- How does Fishbowl functionality change when integrated with QuickBooks Online
- Fishbowl functionality remains the same, regardless of the accounting software that is being used.
- When integrated with QuickBooks Online, is my inventory tracked in Fishbowl or QuickBooks Online?
- Regardless of the accounting system, Fishbowl keeps track of inventory. Orders exported to the accounting system will show item numbers and amounts and the required journal entries will be created.
Follow the steps below to integrate Fishbowl with QuickBooks Online Plus.
- Open the Accounting module, click the Configure tab, and then click the QB Online Connection button.
- Click the blue link in the wizard which will open a browser window.
- If necessary, log into QuickBooks Online and then click Authorize.
- In the Fishbowl wizard, enter the authorization code and Company ID and then click Next.
- Select the QuickBooks Online accounts that Fishbowl should use. If an appropriate account doesn't exist in QuickBooks Online, click the Create button.
- Click the Finish button to complete the integration.
To disconnect from QuickBooks Online, click the Disconnect button on the module toolbar.
In Fishbowl, initial inventory may be added in a few different ways:
Import Inventory via CSV file
Import Inventory via a CSV (comma separated values) file and Fishbowl's Import Wizard.
CSV files are the most common import and export format for spreadsheets and databases. CSV files allow information to be imported from spreadsheets. Barcode readers can also be programmed to export this type of file.
Add inventory in the Inventory module
Use the Add inventory or the Cycle count options to add initial inventory, adjust inventory quantities, or scrap inventory. The component toolbar also has buttons that can be used to adjust inventory.
Some aspects of the Accounting module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
After integrating with QuickBooks Online, the integration can be further customized by opening the Accounting module options. With the Accounting module open, click the Tools menu, and then select Module Options.
- Invoice Custom Fields
- Fishbowl can export data to the custom fields of the QuickBooks Online invoice. For each custom field, select from Carrier, Customer PO, Sales Rep, and Vendor PO.
- Use auto generated invoice number
- With this option checked, the invoice number in QuickBooks Online will use the Fishbowl sales order number. With this option unchecked, the invoice number will be set by QuickBooks Online. In both cases, the Fishbowl order number will appear in the memo of the QuickBooks Online invoice.