The Monitor module, located in the Materials group, provides a way to monitor inventory quantities for several parts at once. Colorful icons quickly communicate which inventory levels need the most attention. Fishbowl users can create their own monitor levels, also known as watches, allowing them to monitor only the parts that are applicable to them.
New creates a new watch.
Delete deletes the selected watch.
Auto-Create allows multiple watches to be created simultaneously.
Delete All deletes all watches.
Print sends the default module report to the printer.
Create a watch
- Part Number - The part to be monitored can be selected from the drop down list or by clicking the Search button.
- Location Group - The part can be monitored using the inventory in a specific location group or company wide inventory.
- Alert Level - If inventory falls below the alert level, the yellow icon will be displayed.
- Critical Level - If inventory falls below the critical level, the red icon will be displayed. The critical level must be less than the alert level.
Edit a watch
Delete a watch
Clicking the Refresh button will update the state of all watches and any quantities that may have changed since the last refresh. Automatic refresh can be enabled in the Monitor module options.
Auto create watches
The auto-create button provides a way to quickly create many watches with alert levels automatically based on a part's reorder point. Levels can then be edited individually after the watches have been created. Clicking the Auto-Create button will open a dialog asking for the information needed to automatically create watches.
- Parts with Quantity on Hand values below their Alert level - If a part's inventory is at or below the part's reorder point, a watch will be created.
- Parts with Quantity on Hand values below their Critical level - If a part's inventory is at or below 50 percent of the part's reorder point, a watch will be created.
- Location Group - The location group specifies which inventory levels and reorder points are used to auto create watches.
- Delete current Watches - If this box is checked, all existing watches will be deleted before auto creating the new watches.
Some aspects of the Monitor module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Auto Refresh
- When the Auto Refresh option is checked, a Refresh Rate (in seconds) must be entered. The Monitor module will automatically refresh at the specified rate.