Some aspects of the Shipping module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
Ship Items tab
- Default weight unit of measure
- This option specifies which weight unit of measure will be used by default in the Shipping module.
- Fulfill service/misc items on ship
- This option allows the default fulfillment behavior to be customized for service and miscellaneous items. Options include Do Nothing, Confirm First, and Auto Fulfill.
- Print the packing list on pack
- This option controls the print behavior of the packing list when an order is packed. Options include Always, Prompt, or Never.
- Print the packing list on ship
- This option controls the print behavior of the packing list when an order is shipped. Options include Always, Prompt, or Never.
- Batch selection default
- This option controls the type of orders included when using the Batch Shipment feature. Options include Packed, All, or None.
- Default container
- This option allows the shipping container to be renamed (carton, box, etc.).
- Auto pack shipments
- Selecting this option will automatically mark orders as packed.
- Fulfill shipping line items on ship
- This option will automatically fulfill the shipping line items on a Sales Order. If this option is off, shipping items must be manually fulfilled in the Sales Order module.
- Show confirmation on ship
- After clicking the Ship button, a confirmation dialog will be displayed. The ship date can also be set in this dialog.
The confirmation dialog can be bypassed by right-clicking a shipment in the search pane, and selecting Ship.
- Warn user when order has not been paid
- This option will display a warning before packing or shipping an unpaid order.
- Show Paid Stamp
- If an order has been paid, this option will display the word PAID over the ship items, similar to the option for sales orders.
- Dimensional factor
- The dimensional weight factor is used to calculate dimensional weight by dividing the cubic size in inches by the factor. For example, an item with a size of 1 cubit foot (1,728 cubic inches) and the default factor of 166 would have a dimensional weight of 10.4 lbs (1728 ÷ 166=10.4).
Carton Types tab
- Common carton sizes can be saved and then used when adding cartons.
- Use the buttons on the right to add, edit, or delete carton types.
- The default carton will automatically be selected when adding a carton.
- To save a carton, a user must have the Shipping-Create Carton Type access right.
- The dimensions of an existing carton can be modified in the Carton Details section. To select a saved carton size, click the Search button.
- Send email when shipment is shipped
- There are two options for email behavior when shipping a shipment. Always send an email, or Never send an email. A packing list can be manually emailed by clicking the email button in the Packing List report preview.