Module Options:Sales Order
Some aspects of the Sales Order module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Next Number
- The characters entered in this field will be used as the next order number. Every time a new order is created, the final group of numbers will be increased by one. For example, Pier1-Order99-LA will be incremented to Pier1-Order100-LA.
- Start fulfillment wizard after taking a payment
- Warn user when payment has not been made
- When this option is on, a warning will be displayed when trying to quick fulfill an order before payment has been made.
- Print invoices from Fishbowl
- If this option is on, an Invoice button will be added to the Sales Order module toolbar. The Invoice button loads a Sales Order report that is marked as an invoice.
- Check bill of material parts when checking inventory
- If this option is on, the Sales Order Check Inventory button will check the inventory of the raw goods on an auto-create BOM, instead of checking the inventory of the finished good.
- Verify when the user selects 'None' as the Tax Rate
- This option displays a message when a Sales Order is saved with a tax rate of None.
- Default the salesperson field to the customer’s default salesperson
- If this option is on, the salesperson will be set to the customer's default salesperson. If this option is off, the salesperson will be set to the user that created the Sales Order. The default salesperson is set on the Details tab of the Customer module.
- Highlight the difference in list price after saving the order
- If the price of an item is different than the list price, this option will ensure that the price is highlighted with a blue font, even after a save. The list price is the tier 2 price or the product price if no tier 2 rules have been created. See Pricing rule precedence for more information.
- Do not change sales tax for tax exempt customers
- Setting this option will prevent the sales tax from changing to None when selecting a tax exempt customer.
- Show printer options for credit card receipts
- Selecting this option display a window with printer options before printing a credit card receipt.
- Show markup and margin on sales order
- Selecting this option will add a Part Cost column, a Markup column, and a Margin column to the table. When the Markup or Margin cells are edited, the product price will be adjusted automatically. A user must have the Sales Order-Markup and Sales Order-Margin access rights to be able to adjust the markup and margin. Markup and Margin fields will also be added near the order total which shows the total margin percentage and markup amount for all items on the order. This is also helpful for wholesale pricing, where the price is determined by marking up the cost a small percentage. The markup can also be set by using pricing rules.
- Show Paid stamp
- If this option is disabled, the Paid stamp will not be shown on sales orders.
- Use sales order carrier on the purchase order for drop ships
- This option will use the sales order carrier for any purchase orders that are created from drop ship items.
- Days to expire
- Specifies the number of days until the order is marked as expired. By entering a value of zero, orders will not expire, even if an expiration date is manually entered on the order. For more information, see the Date Expires field on the Details tab of the Sales Order module.
- Duplication rule
- This option determines which user is set as the salesperson when duplicating a Sales Order.
- Insufficient inventory
- This option determines which location groups are used when checking for insufficient inventory.
- Credit card receipt copies
- This option provides the ability to choose how many Credit Card Receipt copies are printed after each transaction.
- Payment receipt
- This option determines if the payment receipt will be automatically displayed or printed.
- The name of the Quick Fulfill button can be customized.
- The title displayed on the Sales Order report can be customized for orders with an Estimate status.
- A custom message (up to 4 lines) can be displayed on Sales Order reports.
SO to PO tab
- Enable Sales Order to Purchase Order conversion
- This option adds an SO to PO button to the module toolbar which creates Purchase Orders for the items on a Sales Order.
- Round quantities up to the nearest whole number in the part's UOM
- With this option on, the quantity on the Purchase Order will be the Sales Order quantity rounded up to the nearest whole number in the part's UOM.
- Use the Sales Order's UOM on Purchase Order
- With this option checked, the UOM on the purchase order will be the same UOM used on the Sales Order.
- Combine line items of the same part number
- If the Sales Order has the same part multiple times, this option will combine the quantities into one line item on the Purchase Order.
- Use sales order item description as purchase order item description
- The sales order item description can be edited on the sales order. If this option is enabled, the sales order item description will be used. If this option is disabled, the product description will be used.
- Use sales order carrier on the purchase order
- If this option is enabled, the sales order carrier will be used as the purchase order carrier.
- Standard Shipping
- With Standard Shipping, the sales order customer is charged for any shipping items that are manually added to the sales order.
- Carton Based Shipping
- With carton based shipping, the sales order customer is charged for the carton costs that are set in the Shipping module. After the order is shipped, the default shipping product is automatically added to the sales order with the sum of the carton costs. Carton costs can be manually entered or automatically updated when using the ShipStation module or other shipping integrations. To see example journal entries for different shipping charges, see Standard Shipping and Carton Based Shipping.
- Default Shipping Product
- This option specifies the default shipping product that will be used to automatically add carton shipping costs back to the Sales Order.
- Shipping markup
- This option allows a markup percentage to be used with carton based shipping.
- Prompt the user when saving if there are no shipping line items
- This option displays a message when a Sales Order is saved without a shipping line item.
- Allow users to put Drop Ship Items on a Sales Order
- Unchecking this option will remove the ability to drop ship items.
- Send email when Sales Order is issued
- There are three options for email behavior when issuing a Sales Order. Always send an email, Prompt if an email should be sent, or Never send an email.