Some aspects of the RMA module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Next Number
- The characters entered in this field will be used as the next order number. Every time a new order is created, the final group of numbers will be increased by one. For example, Pier1-Order99-LA will be incremented to Pier1-Order100-LA.
- Verify RMA Item against Sales Order
- If this option is on, the Verify by order option will be selected by default when adding an RMA item. The system will try to find the original sales order for the item being returned.
- Days RMA is Valid:
- This field will automatically set the Expires date on the RMA. If set to 0, the RMA will not expire.
- Cross ship items
- If this option is on, the Cross Ship Replacement Product checkbox will be selected by default when clicking the Return button. This will combine the credit return sales order with the sales order to send the replacement, substitution, or repaired item.
- Use RMA number for Sales Orders
- If this option is on, the order number for a credit return sales order will contain the RMA order number. For example, the sales order number could be RMA-12.
- Restocking Fee
- This option allows the default restocking fee to be set.
- Line Description
- The default description for the restocking fee. If left blank, the description can be manually entered for each item.
- Resolve Credit Items on Receive
- This option allows an automatic resolution to be set when the RMA is received in the Receiving module.
Sales Order tab
- The Sales Order tab controls where the order details are pulled from for sales orders created from the RMA module. Details such as tax rate, salesperson, payment terms, shipping terms, carrier, etc. can be pulled from the original sales order, or these fields can be set to the default values for new sales orders.