Some aspects of the Product module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Associated product suffix
- This field contains the associated product suffix that Fishbowl will search for automatically when adding a product to a sales order. Fishbowl provides the ability to add multiple products to a sales order simultaneously by using associated products. An associated product has the same name as the main product plus a special suffix to identify it as an associated product. Associated products are often used in industries where recyclable cores can be returned to offset the cost of a new item. For example, when selling a new car battery, an auto parts store may give a discount to a customer that returns an old battery.
- By entering -Core% in the suffix field, products containing "Battery-Core" in the product name will be added to the sales order whenever the associated product, "Battery," is added. The % symbol functions as a wildcard search, meaning it will look for products named Battery-Core plus any other characters after that (for example, Battery-Core2 or Battery-CoreABC), and all items containing that suffix will be added to the sales order. For more information, see Associated products.
- Set new products taxable
- This option specifies whether or not all new products will be marked as taxable.
- Add custom fields to SO item
- If this option is enabled, custom fields with the same name and type will transfer from the product to the sales order item. For example, if a product has a custom field that stores color and there is a matching custom field for sales order line items, the data in the product custom field will transfer to the custom field for the SO item.