Some aspects of the Part module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Search by Part and Product descriptions in drop-down filters
- With this option checked, the part and product descriptions, not just the numbers, will be searched when typing into part and product drop downs.
- Add custom fields to PO item
- If this option is enabled, custom fields with the same name and type will transfer from the part to the purchase order item. For example, if a part has a custom field that stores color and there is a matching custom field for purchase order line items, the data in the part custom field will transfer to the custom field for the PO item.
- The tracking tab allows new part tracking items to be created. To add part tracking, click the New button located on the component toolbar to the right. A blank line item will be added to the bottom of the tracking list. Enter the name, abbreviation, and description. The type can be set to any of the following: Text, Date, Expiration Date, Serial Number, Money, Quantity, Count, or Checkbox. Unchecking the active box will inactivate a tracking item.
Part Wizard tab
- Don't show these steps in the New Part Wizard
- When creating a new part, many of the wizard steps can be hidden by checking the Don't show this step again checkbox. The visibility of the steps can be set at the bottom of the wizard steps, or in the module options.