Module Options:Manufacture Order
Some aspects of the Manufacture Order module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Next Number
- The characters entered in this field will be used as the next order number. Every time a new order is created, the final group of numbers will be increased by one. For example, Pier1-Order99-LA will be incremented to Pier1-Order100-LA.
- Distribute Finished Good costs
- When a Work Order has multiple finished goods, the cost of the raw goods must be distributed between the finished goods. There are two options for the default distribution; however with either option, the distribution can be manually adjusted when finishing the Work Order.
- Evenly - The costs will be distributed evenly between each finished good based on the quantity of the finished good.
- Weighted - The cost distribution will be weighted according to the current cost of the finished goods in inventory.
- Example: A Work Order produces 3 WidgetA and 1 WidgetB. The cost of the raw goods is $100. If the costs are distributed evenly between the four finished goods, each one will receive a cost of $25 for a total of $100. For weighted cost distribution, the current cost of the finished goods in inventory is used to adjust the costs proportionally. If WidgetA currently costs three times as much as WidgetB, then the costs on the Work Order will be adjusted accordingly. WidgetB will receive a cost of $10 and each WidgetA will receive a cost of $30 for a total of $100.
- Issue the Manufacture Order when Sales Order is issued
- With this option checked, a Manufacture Order that is auto created from a Sales Order will automatically be issued when the Sales Order is issued.
- Start the pick when starting a Work Order
- If this option is on, flagging a Work Order as started will also flag the pick as started.
- Prompt the user when fulfilling if there are no labor raw goods
- If this option is on, a message will be displayed when trying to fulfill an order that doesn't have labor.
- Always use the multiple finished good step
- When finishing a work order with only one finished good, this option shows the wizard step that allows more finished goods to be added.
- Auto-advance to work order finish step
- This option allows the Quick Fulfill wizard to skip over steps that are already completed, such as picking.
- Category Name
- The calendar category label can display customized text.
MO to PO tab
- Enable manufacture order to purchase order conversion
- This option enables the MO to PO button on the module toolbar which creates purchase orders for the items on a manufacture order.
- Round quantities up to the nearest whole number
- With this option on, the quantity on the purchase order will be the manufacture order quantity rounded up to the nearest whole number.
- Use the manufacture order's UOM on Purchase Order
- With this option checked, the UOM on the purchase order will be the same UOM used on the manufacture order.
- Combine line items of the same part number
- If the manufacture order has the same part multiple times, this option will combine the quantities into one line item on the purchase order.