Janam Mobile Device Guide
- 1 Quick-Start Guide
- 2 Wireless Troubleshooting
- 3 Barcode Troubleshooting
This guide will help you connect a Janam device to a wireless network, start Fishbowl Mobile, and connect to the Fishbowl Server.
Connect to Wi-Fi
Follow the steps below to connect the Janam device to a wireless network.
- Click Start > Settings > Connections tab > Wi-Fi icon.
- Select the desired wireless network.
- Click Next to proceed through the wizard and enter the required information.
- A connected icon will appear at the top of the screen when the device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Visit the Wireless Troubleshooting link below if you are unable to connect.
Start Fishbowl Mobile
Complete the steps below to start Fishbowl Mobile:
- Select Fishbowl Mobile from the Start menu.
- Enter the same Server, Port, User and Password that are used to login to Fishbowl.
Approve Fishbowl Mobile
The first time that an integrated application attempts to connect to Fishbowl, the application will need to be approved. The app only needs to be approved once. Follow the steps below to approve an integrated app.
- Start the Fishbowl Client and open the Settings module, located in the Setup group.
- Click the Integrated Apps tab.
- Select the integrated app from the list and then click the Approve button.
- The integrated app should now be able to connect successfully.
The following information may be helpful in connecting a Janam device to a wireless network: Make sure the Janam device is connecting to a compatible wireless router. Try connecting with the built-in wireless manager or with the Summit Wi-Fi Manager.
Compatible Access Points and Routers
Janam devices are incompatible with access points or routers that feature the Realtek chipset. The Summit driver does not associate with this chipset so networking products with this chipset, like those from Intellinet and Zyxel, do not recognize Janam devices.
An enterprise-grade router or access point should be used instead of a consumer-grade, low-end product. While Janam does not recommend any specific infrastructure products, the following devices have been used successfully in a lab/support environment:
- Cisco 1131, 1242, 1252, 1262, and 3500
- Symbol/Motorola 4121, 4131, 5131
- D-Link DAP-1360
- Netgear N300 4 port WNR2000
- D-Link N 8-Port DIR-632
Disable Summit Wi-Fi Manager
Janam devices come loaded with the Summit Wireless Manager. Most users find it easier to use the built-in wireless manager. If you do not see a list of wireless networks when clicking the Wi-Fi icon, you may need to follow these steps to disable the Summit Wireless Manager.
- Click Start > System > Wi-Fi.
- Select ThirdPartyConfig as the Active Profile.
- Reboot the device:
- On the XM66, simultaneously press the blue button and power button for 5 seconds
- On the XG100, simultaneously press the trigger and the ESC button for 5 seconds
- Complete the steps to Connect to Wi-Fi.
Connect using Summit Wi-Fi Manager
Follow the steps below to connect to wireless using the Summit Wi-Fi Manager:
- Click Start > System > Wi-Fi.
- Click the Admin Login button.
- Enter the password SUMMIT (all uppercase), and click OK.
- Click the Profile tab and click the Scan button to find wireless networks.
- Select the desired network and click the Configure button.
- Click the Yes button to complete the new profile configuration.
- On the Main tab change the active profile to the newly created profile.
- An Associated means the connection was successful.
Enable Barcode Scanning
Your Janam device should arrive with the barcode scanner enabled and configured for Fishbowl Mobile. If necessary, the barcode scanner can be reconfigured by following these steps:
- Click ScanWedge from the Start menu.
- Select Enable from the ScanWedge menu.
- Check the box that says Send ENTER key after suffix.
- Click Apply.
If the ScanWedge icon is not in the Start Menu or in the Programs folder, follow these steps to locate ScanWedge.
- Click Start > File Explorer.
- Select the drop down box located just under the title bar and select My Device.
- Open the Windows folder.
- Scroll down and click ScanWedge.
If ScanWedge does not automatically start after the device is rebooted, try the following steps.
- Complete the steps above to find ScanWedge in the Windows folder.
- Hold the stylus on the ScanWedge icon and select Copy from the context menu.
- Scroll to the StartUp folder and open it.
- Hold the stylus on a blank space until the context menu appears, then select Paste Shortcut.