The Import Mapping module, located in the General group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that allows files to be imported, even if the column headers don't match the Fishbowl format. This allows many external files to be imported into Fishbowl without modification.
The documentation on this page is for the most recent version of the Import Mapping plugin. To update, see Update Fishbowl.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Import Mapping plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Import Mapping module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the General module group.
- To grant access to additional users, open the User Group module and assign the Import Mapping-View right to the appropriate groups as explained here.
- Open the Import Mapping module, located in the General group.
- Select an import from the list and then click Select a File.
- Column headers in the file that match the Fishbowl format exactly will be automatically selected.
- Column headers that don't match can be selected from the drop down.
- Click the Import button at the top to complete the import.
Instructions for each individual import can be found by clicking the File menu in the Fishbowl Client and selecting Import. Instructions can also be found here.
Additionally, the Import button is added to many modules (Inventory, Part, Product, Vendor, Customer, Sales Order, Carrier, User, User Group, etc.) Clicking the Import button will open an import dialog with the correct import already selected.
- The import tool does not support files with multiple rows of header data.
- We recommend using the "Sales Order Data" import and "Purchase Order Data" import due to the limitation with multiple header rows.
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2017.3 and higher