Fishbowl Time & Labor
The Fishbowl Time & Labor module, located in the Manufacturing group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with Fishbowl Time & Labor. For each work order that has been issued in Fishbowl, a project will be created in Fishbowl Time & Labor. When employees clock in, they can select the work order/project that they will be working on. These labor hours will then be added to the work order in Fishbowl, allowing for an accurate calculation of the work order labor cost. For more information about Fishbowl Time & Labor, click here or here.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations module group.
- Select the plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Fishbowl Time & Labor module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Manufacturing module group.
- To grant access to additional users, open the User Group module and assign the Fishbowl Time & Labor-View right to the appropriate groups as explained here.
- Click the Setup button on the module toolbar, or click the large Connect to Fishbowl Time & Labor button on the Configuration tab.
- Enter the registered email address and password for Fishbowl Time & Labor and then click Sign in.
- Click the Authorize button.
- On the Configuration tab, select how frequently to synchronize with Fishbowl Time & Labor and then click the Save button.
- Only pull labor for closed projects - When this option is disabled, time entries will come over to Fishbowl as the sync occurs. Time entries which have been edited in Time and Labor that were previously synced will not be updated in the Fishbowl Work Order. When the option is enabled, time entries will sync when the project is marked as closed in Time and Labor. A closed project in Time and Labor cannot be reopened.
- In addition to the scheduled sync, the sync can be triggered manually by clicking the Sync button on the module toolbar, or by clicking the Sync button in the Manufacture Order module.
- For each work order that has been issued in Fishbowl, a project will be created in Fishbowl Time & Labor. When employees clock in, they can select the work order/project that they will be working on.
- Once the work order has been started in Fishbowl, labor hours will be added to the work order during the sync process.
- The labor cost will use the hourly rate of the employees that have worked on the project.
The Fishbowl Time & Labor module includes a browser view to access the Fishbowl Time & Labor interface from within the Fishbowl Client.
- To open the browser, click the Fishbowl Time & Labor tab. Each user can sign in with their own credentials.
- To automatically sign in all users with the same login credentials, click the Tools menu and select Module Options.
- The Company Name is automatically set during setup. This allows users to login with usernames instead of email addresses.
- The Back button, Forward button, and Refresh button can be used to control the browser.
- Note: These release notes are for the plugin only. For web app and IOS app release notes click HERE
- Released January 19, 2017
- Compatible with Fishbowl Version 2018.1 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Added sync button to the Manufacture Order Toolbar
- Added option to only pull labor from closed projects in Time and Labor
- Fixed bug with duplicate time entries added to Fishbowl work order(s)
- Released October 23, 2017
- Compatible with Fishbowl Version 2017.10 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Added FB BOM Description as T&L Project Description when syncing manufacture orders to Time and Labor from Fishbowl
- Released on May 19, 2017
- Compatible with Fishbowl Version 2017.3 and above
Features and Fixes
- Compatibility fixes for FB version 2017.3 and higher