The documentation on this page is for the most recent version of the Fishbowl ShipExpress plugin. To get the most recent version, Update Fishbowl.
- 1 Install
- 2 List of carriers
- 3 Setup
- 4 Settings
- 5 Buttons
- 6 Troubleshooting
- 7 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Fishbowl ShipExpress plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Fishbowl ShipExpress module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the ShipExpress-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
List of carriers
Fishbowl ShipExpress automatically integrates with any carrier that is enabled in the Shippo carrier settings.
Listed below are several carriers supported by Shippo. For a complete list, click here.
- APC Postal
- Asendia US
- Australia Post
- Canada Post
- Deutsche Post
- DHL Express
- DHL Express and DHL eCommerce
- DHL Germany
- Fastway Australia
- FedEx and FedEx SmartPost
- GLS France
- GLS Germany
- Hermes UK
- Mondial Relay France
- RR Donnelley
- UPS and UPS Mail Innovations
- Open the Fishbowl ShipExpress module and complete the form to sign up for a Shippo account.
- The $.05 label fee that Shippo charges will be waived if the Shippo account is created in Fishbowl, or by using this link.
- If the sign-in window doesn't load, click the Save button.
- If you already have a Shippo account, click Log in and enter your Shippo account information.
- Expand each Settings section to configure the integration.
- In the Ship From Settings enter at least one ship from address.
- In the Miscellaneous Settings select a default shipping item.
- Quotes can't be added to a sales order until carriers are mapped.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module.
Ship From Settings
- Click the Add button to configure which addresses will be used when shipping from each location group.
- Click the Add button to assign a product's Country of Origin and Tariff # for international shipments.
This information can also be edited by clicking the Product Info button in the Product module.
- By default, addresses fields are already mapped between Fishbowl and Shippo, but these mappings can be adjusted if necessary.
- Click the Add button to configure a customer with their own carrier account numbers and billing preferences.
This information can also be edited by clicking the Customer Info button in the Customer module.
- Click the Quote button in the Sales Order module to view rates. Rates will be shown for each applicable carrier that is enabled in the Shippo carrier settings.
- If a USPS account is marked as Test in the Shippo carrier settings it may show rates in Fishbowl, but will not generate labels. Other carriers marked as Test will not be visible in Fishbowl.
- The Weight shown in the quote window is calculated using the details of the products on the sales order.
- Predefined carrier cartons can be selected, or custom carton sizes can be entered. After changing any options, click Get Rates to get updated rates.
- After clicking Add to Sales Order the rate, carrier, and service will be updated on the sales order.
- Adding a quote does not purchase a label, but allows the shipping estimate to be added and charged to the sales order customer.
- Click the Verify button in the Sales Order module to validate addresses for all orders with the selected status.
- Click the ShipExpress button in the Shipping module to access the following features.
- Click the Purchase Label button to view rates and purchase labels. After changing any fields that affect the rate, the button at the bottom will change to Update Rates.
- Click the View Labels button to display any labels that have been purchased for the current shipment.
- Click the Product Info button in the Product module to edit the ShipExpress settings for the selected product.
- Click the Customer Info button in the Customer module to edit the ShipExpress settings for the selected customer.
- If a label doesn't show up, or something doesn't work correctly, check the Shippo shipment for errors.
- USPS shipments are limited to a single carton.
- You cannot mix packaging types between your packaging and carrier flat rate type packaging.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the ShipExpress plugin in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two files named shipexpress or fishbowl-shipexpress, exit the Fishbowl Server and all clients, remove the older version of the plugin, and then restart the server.
2020.5.x – 05-21-2020 - Fishbowl 2020.5
- Fixed issue with third party billing giving an error when trying to purchase the label (5/21)
- Fixed bug with the cost not coming back into Fishbowl after purchasing the label if the user manually refreshes the shipment in Fishbowl
- Fixed bug where batch shipping would load a blank error message
- Removed unnecessary Fishbowl generated custom fields from teh Ref # 1 and Ref # 2 dropdowns so they do not show up as mappable
2020.3.1 – 04-27-2020 - Fishbowl 2020.3
- All new plugin with new features.
- *Note - current settings will not migrate with users required to configure the plugin after installing the update.
- Point release bug fixes enables carrier rates and UOM conversion bug in quoting (4/30)
- Point release bug fixes issue when the purchase label dialog loads blank and flat rate markup on quote not working correctly after refreshing (5/12)
- Point release enhancement to allow users to define default carton dimensions for the quote dialog (5/12)
2020.2.0X – 02-20-2020 - Fishbowl 2020.2
- Fixed Fishbowl ShipExpress not creating label for international shipments null error
2019.11.0X – 11-21-2019 - Fishbowl 2019.11
- Fishbowl compatibility release
- Fixed bug where the country selection couldn't be changed when creating a label
- Default wieght uom is now lbs but can be changed to kg
- On first load, when no api key has been entered, a popup directs the customer to create an account and generate the API key
- Fixed bug where non-inventory parts on an order would cause an error when trying to generate a quote
2019.10.0X – 10-23-2019 - Fishbowl 2019.10
- Fixed bug where using the ship quote and no flat rate cartons are appearing in the carton drop-down
- Fixed bug where the Ship Accounts button in the customer module was not showing the carrier info in the mapping table
- Shipments with more than 10 cartons is now supported
2019.7.0X – 8-23-2019 - Fishbowl 2019.7
- Fixed bug with adding ship quote to SO when letters/symbols in the SO number
- Fixed bug moving items to different cartons
- Fixed incorrect error for shipping weight
- Fixed bug with carton based shipping enabled in Fishbowl
- Fixed bug with the retail rates setting when using the create label option
2019.7.0X – 7-23-2019 - Fishbowl 2019.7
- Fixed issue with flat rate cartons
2019.6.0X - 6-18-2019 -Fishbowl 2019.6
- Improved error messaging using rate quote feature
- Fixed bug where FedEx ground was not showing as an available option
- Fixed the carton functionality in the ship quote
- Fixed multiple cartons not saving the carton details after setting and toggling between cartons
- Fixed UOM conversion issue
- Fixed "Add to SO" button in the quoting dialog
- Added an enhancement to include USPS flat-rate carton types to the cartons list in ship quote
- Added an enhancement to set cost to "0" when "Default Ship Account Type" in Fishbowl ShipExpress settings is "3rd party" or "recipient"
- General UI enhancements
- Added a "Clear" button for carton details (resets all details fields - i.e. no carton selected)
- Added enhancement when quoting, set the selected carrier/service on the SO after the user clicks add to SO button
- When purchasing a label we now filter line items in cartons to only inventory type items
- Fixed bug where we were adding the wrong phone number to the labels
2019.5.0X - 5-15-2019 -Fishbowl 2019.5
- Fixed bug where not pulling negotiated rates
2019.3.01 – 3-14-2019 - Fishbowl 2019.3
- Fixed the bug when shipping international, Fishbowl ShipExpress now lets the user create a label if an individual product weight is under 1lb
- Fixed bug displaying ship quote button error with international orders in sales order module
- Fixed bug displaying incorrect quote weight conversion
- Fixed bug where quote would not allow 9 or more cartons to be added to orders
- Fixed bug where quote button would not display the quote window on FB Canada
2018.10.02 – 11/9/2018 - Fishbowl 2018.10
- Fixed truncation bug on labels with 3 address lines
2018.8 – 8/23/2018 - Fishbowl 2018.8
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- International Shipping! Fill out a customs declaration form and print a commercial invoice without leaving Fishbowl.
2.3 – 7/12/2018 - Fishbowl 2018.7
- Added Recipient and 3rd Party billing with the ability to store ship accounts per customer.
- Now uses OAuth to connect and authenticate Shippo account (Reconnection is required in this version).
2.0 – 6/14/2018 - Fishbowl 2018.6
- Fishbowl ShipExpress is no longer associated with Fishbowl Commerce. Settings are now completely within the plugin itself. No functionality has been added or removed.
- If you update to this version you will be required to input your settings again.
1.13 – 9/28/2017 - Fishbowl 2016.14
- Fixed weight issue using the quote feature with weight UOM other than lbs used
- Fixed issue where add text on label was not linked to the create label button
1.11 – 8/7/2017 - Fishbowl 2016.14
- Fixed bug with JX browser viewing labels
Commerce Release – 8/4/2017
- Fixed issue with the check rates feature in the shipping info window
1.10 – 7/26/2017 - Fishbowl 2016.14
- Fixed bug when using the create label button and the shipment has 6 or more cartons, only 5 labels were created
1.9 – 7/18/2017 - Fishbowl 2016.14
- Fixed issue when a shipment has already been fulfilled manually in FB and the scheduled task is also trying to fulfill the shipment from Fishbowl ShipExpress
Commerce Release – 6/26/2017
- Added Recipient and 3rd Party Billing functionality
- Fixed bug when update carton cost option is checked and cost field not updating
- Fixed various bugs in the commerce shipping window
1.8 – 5/8/2017 - Fishbowl 2016.14
- Fixed an issue when the shipping information wasn't being pushed to Fishbowl ShipExpress after using the create label button.
- Fixed "method not found in 3rd party library" error
1.5 – 4/4/2017 - Fishbowl 2016.14
- Optimized address verification to ignore the first line of an address if it does not have number.
- Added a setting to set retail rates to be displayed when getting ship quote.
- Added a setting to use the declared value field on the ship carton to purchase insurance. Note: Insurance is purchased through http://www.shipsurance.com/
- Added a setting to disable the shipping cost from being set on the shipment carton after creating a label.
- Added a warning that shows when trying to run the ship quote without any carriers set to display rates.
- Added a warning that shows when there is no phone number set for the default main office address in Fishbowl.
- Updated the ship from "name" to pull from the name instead of the address name.
- Fixed an issue where the ship from phone number was not being set properly.
- Fixed an issue that was causing shipping services not be be imported when saving the Fishbowl ShipExpress settings.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Shippo Key not to save for new accounts.