The Fishbowl Drive module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new button is added at the top of most modules that allows unlimited files to be associated with items in Fishbowl by simply dragging the file into Fishbowl. These files are then stored in Dropbox, Google Drive, Box.com, Microsoft OneDrive, or any FTP file server. To connect with multiple accounts simultaneously, contact your Account Sales Executive to activate additional Fishbowl Drive connections.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Fishbowl Drive plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Fishbowl Drive module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Drive-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
Complete the steps below to configure the Fishbowl Drive integration.
- Open the Fishbowl Drive module, located in the Integrations group.
- Click the New button on the module toolbar at the top of the Fishbowl Drive module.
- Select which cloud file storage service to use.
- Enter the credentials for the selected service and Allow Fishbowl access to the files.
- Click the Associated checkbox next to each module to display the Drive button at the top of that module.
- Open a Fishbowl item in any of the associated modules and click the Drive button to view or add files to the selected Fishbowl item.
- Fishbowl users can be granted access to the files in each module by utilizing the Fishbowl Drive access rights.
- With the release of Fishbowl 2020.8, the Dropbox module was replaced by the Fishbowl Drive plugin. This new plugin provides the same functionality and can connect to Dropbox, Google Drive, Box.com, or Microsoft OneDrive. Current Fishbowl customers who update to 2020.8 and had previously used the Dropbox integration will need to install the plugin from the plugin manager and re-authenticate with Dropbox. All files previously uploaded to Dropbox will remain after switching to the new plugin.
- Fixed issue with uploading files over 4MB in size to Microsoft OneDrive (10/8)
- Fixed bug with uploading files with "#" in the file name to OneDrive personal accounts (10/29)
- Improved error handling/reporting for OneDrive when files fail to upload (10/29)
- FTP/SFTP storage now supported (9/21)
- Closing drive dialogs in the modules now close much faster (9/21)
- Fixed issue in the receiving module to include the PO/TO/SO prefixes before the folder name when they are created. Previously this would cause conflicts if the same PO/TO/or SO number was used (9/21)
- Please note - customers on previous versions will undergo a quick migration when they first load the plugin to update the folder names according to the applicable transaction type
- Fixed "Failed to load directory" error after using the refresh button (9/21)
- Performance enhancement to speed up the general performance when using the plugin (9/21)
- Fixed user permissions bug (9/22)
- Initial release (8/13)
- Point release fixes and enhancements(8/18)
- Fixes issue viewing files more than once (8/18)
- Allows user ability to specify which directory to download files to on the local machine (8/18)
- Fixes displaying customer/vendor id rather than name in the filepath (8/18)
- Fixes issue where all files open in browser rather than in the system default application for specified file type (8/18)
- Fixes issue where Dropbox team accounts couldn't connect (8/18)
- Point release fixes and enhancements(8/25)
- Added option to preview by either clicking on the magnifying class icon or double clicking any previously uploaded files (8/25)
- Added user access right for download files functionality(8/25)
- Enhanced drag and drop functionality to include the entire popup window rather limiting to the drop files here zone (8/25)
- Fixed folder naming convention for customer jobs to match previous convention with the Dropbox integration (8/25)