The ebay module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more ebay shopping carts.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the ebay plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the ebay module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the ebay-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
Shopping cart plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional ebay options or notes are included at the bottom of each section.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the ebay website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the ebay module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the ebay website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the ebay settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another ebay store.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Use currency conversion - Enabling this option will import orders and convert them from the transaction currency (when specified) to your Fishbowl database home currency. The currency rate(s) used will be the rate(s) specified in Fishbowl. When currency conversion is enabled, some additional fields will be available, including a currency/customer mapping table when Use a Default customer is selected.
- Assign ebay order number to Customer PO field - When selected, the ebay order number will be displayed in the Sales Order Customer PO field.
- Use ebay order number as Fishbowl SO number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the ebay order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
- Add an order number prefix - Define a prefix to be set on imported sales order numbers. This option is only available when using the order number from ebay.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign ebay order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from ebay that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use a Default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as ebay Customer.
- Use the ebay Billing Address - Use the billing address from the ebay order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the ebay Shipping Address - Use the shipping address from the ebay order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the ebay Customer and Addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the ebay order instead of using a generic customer.
- Name - Select the ebay field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Alt Name - An alternate field mapping when the primary mapping does not contain data.
- Choose the source fields for the order contact data.
- Contact - Select the ebay field that contains the customer contact that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Phone - Select the ebay field that contains the phone number that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Email - Select the ebay field that contains the email address that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Use same carrier and carrier service for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from ebay will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and ebay. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the ebay transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use same payment method for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from ebay will use the selected payment method.
- Link payment methods from ebay - When selected, the table can be used to map payment methods between ebay and Fishbowl.
- Always create payments - If no payment data exists for the order from ebay, always create a payment in Fishbowl equaling the order total with the selected payment method.
- Do not create payment for international orders - If an international order is imported from ebay, a payment will not be created in Fishbowl.
- Import Taxes - When selected, the tax amount from the ebay order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from ebay. If taxes are not imported, the Fishbowl payment will equal the order total before tax.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update ebay order status - When selected, ebay orders will be updated after the product(s) on the order have been shipped in Fishbowl. Shipment tracking information will also be sent from Fishbowl to ebay.
- Check ebay order status before fulfilling - When selected, the ebay order status will be checked prior to attempting to send fulfillment information. If the ebay order status has changed, no fulfillment information will be sent. This will increase the time required to complete the order fulfillment task.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that all of the products on your website will be imported.
Select ONE of the following options:
- My products already exist in Fishbowl and ebay. They need to be linked together. - Select the fields that match between ebay products and Fishbowl products.
- My products only exist in my ebay store. They need to be imported into Fishbowl. - Map the fields that should be imported from ebay into Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in ebay, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update linked products in ebay- Map the fields that should be imported from ebay to Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in ebay, the default UOMs listed here will be used. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export All Products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to ebay. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to ebay on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that it includes all of your products (or any applicable product tree filter) when updating inventory levels.
- Inventory Type - Select the inventory quantity that should be used during the update: Available For Sale or Inventory On Hand.
- Product Tree Filter - The export can be limited to certain product tree categories. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- Sync All Location Groups - Include inventory quantities from all location groups in the inventory sync. If this option is unchecked, selected location groups can be added by clicking the Add button.
- SKU Mapping - Select if the ebay SKU matches the Fishbowl SKU or the Fishbowl Product. Inventory updating requires specifying the mapping between ebay SKU and the corresponding product field in Fishbowl.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the ebay button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the ebay module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the ebay.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two ebay versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- When linking variable products, input the parent id in the product id field and the variation sku in the product sku field
- Fixed bug for null error on order imports
- Added enhancement option to always record payments on incoming orders even when there is no payment data from the Channel
- Fixed bug when customer PO number did not populate correctly when the user did not have "Assign Channel Name order number to Customer PO field" checked
- Importing order taxes is now optional. With the option to create taxes disabled, if a payment is created the total will reflect the order total without tax
- Fixed bug where order import option to add on order number prefix was not saving
- Multi-currency support for orders and payments created from the channel. Multi-Currency must be turned on in FB
- With multi-currency enabled there is an option to not create payments for international orders
- Fixed bug when QB class setting was not being applied to regular products in orders
- Fixed bug where plugins first loading into a new database displayed pop up windows that should not be there
- Fixed bug when using the default payment method
- Changed so create taxes option is set by default
**Please note, this update will require you to re-enter the order status mapping table data when first loading the plugin**
- Added ability to choose whether to sync on hand vs. available to sale inventory quantity
- Improved status mapping error messages during order import using advanced options and the order status hasn't been mapped
- In the order import tab when using the customer matching option, we now provide an alternative mapping option if the first mapping option does not contain data from the cart
- Fixed bug to reenable editing of existing order status mapping
- Updated POS Import customer settings panel to have the same mapping options as the standard order import
- Updated Test Connection success/fail dialog box
- Added a popup window to notify users about status mapping tables being cleared
- On the Inventory Update tab the location group drop down box is now replaced with a checkbox called "Sync all Location Groups"
- When unchecked, a user-defined table gives ability to define which location group(s) will be used to sync to the Channel
- Fixed bug in order fulfillment task pulling carrier/service from SO module instead of the Ship module
- On the Order Import instead of bringing in an Ebay order number for the order ID, it will now bring in Sales Record number for the order ID
- Fixed bug when clicking next button sometimes it would bring the mapping back up that user just created in the order status mapping table
- Fixed bug where lines could be added to order status mapping without data
- Added ability to map the SO contact, phone, and email fields when using the "Use default customer" option on the Order Import task
- Added option to add a custom prefix to the shopping cart order number on order import
- If the create payment option is enabled and not payment data comes through with the order, the order now imports rather than fails
- Fixed bug where the wrong inventory quantity was synced in the following scenario:
- When not using a location group (LG) filter and multiple LG's exist in the FB database and
- When one of the LG's has more inventory allocated than inventory available for all LG's combined
- Added for Ebay Motor customers putting the Reference # in the ship-to address block
- Fixed bug where the order would import with the wrong Ebay variation
Do not skip this version unless installing the plugin for the first time. If you’re planning to update to a later version of Fishbowl, install 18.10 first, update your plugins, and open them so the data migrator (described below) can run. Then update Fishbowl to the desired version. Contact plugin support to help with re-linking your products for this version
- Fixed bug where inventory updates all linked products instead of the first linked product in the list in FB
- Fixed bug where order addresses did not import correctly
- Product linking bug fix. Products will be linked by their associated eBay identity and Product variations will be linked by their SKU. If your product variations do not have SKU values we have custom options available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for custom options.
- Channel data, such as product IDs, variant IDs, etc. will no longer be stored in custom fields. New database tables will be created for this purpose. Data from your custom fields will be automatically migrated to the database the first time you open the plugin after updating. Data will still remain in the custom fields for reference. The custom fields can be deactivated.
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- Schedule task now gives a count of the items that were imported/exported. Error message will list items that failed.
- Will now use the account specified on the payment type (instead of the default) during order import.
- Fixed a bug regarding taxes in the Fishbowl Canada version.
- Ability to select which date field the Last Sync Date references.
- Shipping tax now accounted for in Fishbowl Australia version.
- Bug Fixes
- Updated for compatibility with Fishbowl version 2018.7
- Fixed a bug that was causing settings to not save.
- New layout and updated feature set, including new mapping options for Product Import
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.2 version of Fishbowl
- Issue: Syncing products doesn't pull all products, only the first portion on the first sync.
- Resolution: Product sync now batches and pulls all products instead of just the first batch pulled.