The eBay module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more eBay shopping carts.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the eBay plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the eBay module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, open the User Group module and assign the eBay-View right to the appropriate groups as explained here.
In order to connect to eBay, click the Login button and enter the eBay username and password.
Multiple eBay carts can be configured by clicking the New button, which will add another eBay tab.
The table below shows how data transfers between between eBay and Fishbowl.
|Part & Product|
|Fulfilled sales order|
|Available for sale inventory (only inventory that has changed since the last export will be updated)|
|Product & part number|
|Product & part description|
|eBay order number|
|Sales order number (optional)|
|Customer name & billing address|
|Customer name & shipping address|
|Creates a new customer or uses the generic customer specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
|All taxes are combined into the tax item specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
- Email - The email address to notify regarding integration information. Failed schedules will send an email to this address. Email can be configured on the Email tab of the Setup module.
Schedule Import Order
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson. This field is required.
- Carrier - When selected, sales orders will be created using this carrier.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Payment Method - Sales orders will be created using this payment method. This field is required.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group. This field is required.
- Customer - When selected, sales orders will be created using this customer for every order.
- If left blank, a customer will be created in Fishbowl with the customer information from the shopping cart.
- Alternatively, create a generic/web customer in Fishbowl that will be used for all imported orders. In this case, the billing/shipping name and address will still be imported for each order.
- SO Status - Orders can be imported as an estimate or issued status.
- Tax Item - Tax rate item for the total tax amount from eBay. Can only specify a flat rate tax. If the list is empty, create a flat rate tax to be used with eBay. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module, and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from eBay.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Use store order number as SO Number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the eBay order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
Schedule Export Order
Fishbowl can update the order in the shopping cart after items are fulfilled in Fishbowl. The shipment tracking number will also be exported to the shopping cart.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
When pulling products to Fishbowl, the product sync should usually be scheduled to run before the order import. This will avoid any errors caused by new products that need to be imported before the order can be created in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to sync products on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
- Pull products to Fishbowl - When selected, products created in eBay will be created in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to sync inventory on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now.
- Location Group - When selected, the Available For Sale inventory quantity will be used from this location group only. If left blank, the quantity from all location groups will be used.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the cart, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a schedule task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the plugin .jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two versions of the same plugin, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- Released on July 13, 2017
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2017.6 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Released on April 13, 2017
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2017.3 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.3 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
Released on 3/15/2017 - For Fishbowl version 2017.2 and higher
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.2 version of Fishbowl
Released on 8/11/2016
- Issue: Syncing products doesn't pull all products, only the first portion on the first sync.
- Resolution: Product sync now batches and pulls all products instead of just the first batch pulled.