- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Data Import plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Data Import module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Data Import-Full Rights access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Open the Data Import module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select an import from the list and then click Select a File.
- Column headers in the file that match the Fishbowl format exactly will be automatically selected.
- Column headers that don't match can be selected from the drop down.
- Click the Import Data button at the bottom to complete the import.
Instructions for each individual import can be found by clicking the File menu in the Fishbowl Client and selecting Import. Instructions can also be found here.
The Import button will be added to many modules (Inventory, Part, Product, Vendor, Customer, Sales Order, Carrier, User, User Group, etc.) Clicking the Import button from one of these modules will open an import dialog with the correct import already selected.
- The import tool does not support files with multiple rows of header data.
- We recommend using the "Sales Order Data" import and "Purchase Order Data" import due to the limitation with multiple header rows.
- Supported file types include .csv, .xls, .xlsx, and .iif from Intuit
- Renamed the plugin to Data Import
- Updated icons
- Addded support for QB IIF file types
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2017.3 and higher