With the release of 2017.8, Fishbowl began transitioning to a new system for credit card processing. The new system uses a "wallet" to store tokens instead of credit card numbers. Tokens allow the credit card to be reused without having to store the actual credit card number in Fishbowl. Instead, the credit card number is stored by the provider that processes the payment. The token stored by Fishbowl allows the provider to know which card to charge.
The sections below describe the transition based on your current selection of the Store credit card number option.
NO, I'm not currently storing credit card numbers
- If you process credit cards in Fishbowl, you will need to re-integrate in the Payment Gateway module.
- You will see a new 1-step payment wizard with a Process button at the bottom.
- With the release of 2017.11, you will have the option to reuse credit cards with the wallet functionality.
YES, I'm currently storing credit card numbers
- You will need to re-integrate in the Payment Gateway module.
- The Store credit card number option will be turned off with the update to Fishbowl 2017.8.
- The stored cards in your database will NOT be erased and the option can be re-enabled in the Payment Viewer module options by accepting the liability warning.
- If the option is re-enabled, the payment wizard will revert to the old multi-step format with the < Back and Next > buttons at the bottom.
- With the release of 2017.11, credit card numbers will need to be re-entered so that the new tokens can be generated. At that point, Fishbowl will only be storing tokens, instead of credit card numbers.