Account Info tab
The Account Info tab displays a summary of company information. Enter or edit the company name in the Name field. All of the other information shown is read-only and can be edited in other tabs.
The Details tab stores a default carrier, EAN.UCC number, tax exemption number, and a logo. The optional EAN.UCC number is used to define the Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC).
Once added, the company logo will be displayed on some reports and on the Checkout Customer Display Window. Follow the steps below to add a company logo.
- Drag and drop the picture file into the picture area.
- Alternatively, click the Add button located on the component toolbar to the right, locate the image file, and then click Open.
- Click the Save button on the module toolbar to save the changes.
The maximum image and thumbnail size can be set in the Settings module options.
The Address tab displays company addresses. Multiple addresses can be saved for each location group.
To create a new address, click the New Address button on the top left. Enter the address details and select whether or not the address is the default address for the location group. To edit an existing address, select it in the pane on the left and edit the desired field. To delete an address, click the desired address and click the Delete Address button.
When creating orders, Fishbowl will search for the best address in the applicable location group.
The Memo tab is for internal use and allows users to enter notes regarding a specific product. The top portion of the screen displays the date a memo was created, by what user, as well as a preview of the memo. Click on the preview to view the entire message in the window below.
The Custom Field tab is an internal-use field for extra company information. Custom fields can be modified under Company in the Custom Field module.
Some aspects of the Company module can be customized by opening the module, clicking the Tools menu, and then selecting Module Options.
- Prefix barcodes with a data identifier
- When this option is checked, a letter that indicates the type of order will be added to the beginning of barcodes. For example, instead of 50082, an S would be added to the beginning - S50082 - indicating a sales order.
- Automatically refresh orders
- With this option checked, an order that is being viewed will automatically refresh when another user makes changes. This applies to the Picking module, the Shipping module, the Purchase Order module, the Receiving module, and the Manufacture Order module.
- Validate customer PO on CSV import
- With this option checked, Fishbowl will check for duplicates in the Customer PO field when importing sales orders through CSV.
- Enable Spell Check
- Turns on spell checking for multi-line text fields. Misspelled words will be underlined. Hover the mouse over a misspelled word to see suggestions or add it to the dictionary.
- Commit each line in the CSV imports
- Saves information line by line from supported CSV imports.
- Require the Data Module access right to run queries through the API
- With this option enabled, users must have Data module access rights to be able to run queries in the Fishbowl API.
- Date Entry Tolerance
- Warn user if date is not within the specified number of years. 0 means no warning.
- Display phone number in company address
- This option determines whether the company phone number is shown when displaying the company address on reports.
- Display FAX number in company address
- This option determines whether the company FAX number is shown when displaying the company address on reports.
- Display email in company address
- This option determines whether the company email address is shown when displaying the company address on reports.
- Display website in company address
- This option determines whether the company website is shown when displaying the company address on reports.
- Display generated email footer
- This option determines whether or not a footer will be added to the bottom of each email saying that the email was sent from Fishbowl.
- Fishbowl has the ability to validate addresses by checking the USPS database to make sure the address exists and is formatted correctly. When using Avalara, it is not necessary to configure validation in the Company module. To enable address validation, create a free USPS account. After entering the USPS account number, restart the Fishbowl Client and an address-validation icon will appear in the top-right corner of the address panel on Fishbowl orders, as well as the Customer module and Vendor module.
- Enable LDAP Authentication
- This feature allows users to log in to Fishbowl using their Windows password. This feature is currently compatible with Windows Active Directory only. This eliminates the need for users to remember an extra password, and can also increase security as many organizations have security requirements for passwords (length, type of characters, expiration, etc.). Before using this feature, users must be created in Fishbowl. The username created in Fishbowl must match the username stored on the LDAP server. Read the LDAP basics section below for an overview of LDAP.
- Enter the name or IP address of the computer where the LDAP server is running.
- EXAMPLE: 192.168.2.2
- Enter the port that the LDAP server is using. Port 389 is typically used, or port 636 for SSL.
- EXAMPLE: 389
- Search Directory
- Enter the directory where the users are located. Fishbowl adds sAMAccountName, meaning the actual search filter will look similar to this: (&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=dave))
- EXAMPLE: dc=example, dc=local (includes the entire directory)
- EXAMPLE: ou=users, dc=example, dc=local (includes a specific group)
- EXAMPLE: cn=users, dc=example, dc=local (another way that users may be grouped)
- Enter the domain name used to connect to the Active Directory server.
- EXAMPLE: example.local
- Enter the fully qualified username being used to connect to the server.
- EXAMPLE: email@example.com
- Type the password for the username entered above.
- Use SSL Connection
- This option allows Fishbowl to connect to the LDAP server using a more secure SSL connection.
- Disable Fishbowl User Password (Excluded admin user)
- With this option checked, users will not be able to log in with their Fishbowl password. Only the LDAP password will work for logging in. This option is recommended to increase security.
An LDAP server is organized similar to a tree.
Below are a few LDAP abbreviations. Additional information about LDAP can be found here.
- cn (common name) - An entry in the directory, such as a username.
- ou (organizational unit) - A user group or organizational unit.
- dc (domain component) - A piece of the full domain. For example, www.fishbowlinvetory.com would be written as dc=www, dc=fishbowlinventory, dc=com
- dn (distinguished name) - A unique address for an item in the directory. This includes the components below it in the tree (dn=cn + ou + dc). So Jen's dn is written as cn=jen, ou=users, dc=example, dc=local