The Commerce module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with Fishbowl Commerce. This article only covers the Fishbowl plugin. Documentation for Fishbowl Commerce can be found here.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Commerce plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Commerce module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, open the User Group module and assign the Commerce-View right to the appropriate groups as explained here.
- Open the Commerce module, located in the Integrations group.
- Click the Setup button on the module toolbar, or click the large Connect to Fishbowl Commerce button.
- Enter the registered email address and password used for Fishbowl Commerce and then click Test Connection.
- Click OK to save the connection.
- To automatically link products between your store and Fishbowl, the Fishbowl product number must match the store item SKU. These are synced as soon as your store (channel) is added to Commerce.
- If desired, create a Test product in your store AND Fishbowl using the above step. Then create a test order to make sure your sync is properly configured.
The Commerce tab is a browser view to access the Fishbowl Commerce web interface from within the Fishbowl Client.
The General Settings tab displays settings that will apply to all channels.
- Location Group - Select a location group that will be used when sending inventory quantities to Fishbowl Commerce. To include all location groups, select All.
The Channel Settings tab displays settings for each individual channel. To customize channel settings, select the channel from the list on the left.
- Default Customer - Select a generic customer to be used for imported orders.
- Create new customer from order information - This option will try to match the customers up with existing Fishbowl customers and create new customers when they don't exist.
- Salesperson - Select the salesperson that will be used when creating a new customer.
- Carrier - Select the carrier that will be used when creating a new customer.
- Payment Terms - Select the payment terms that will be used when creating a new customer.
- Shipping Terms - Select the shipping terms that will be used when creating a new customer.
- QuickBooks Class - Select the QuickBooks class that will be used when creating a new customer.
- Customer Status - Select the customer status that will be used when creating a new customer.
- Location Group - Select the location group that will be used for imported orders.
- Shipping Product - Select a shipping type product to be used to represent the shipping charged to the customer on the sales order.
- Payment Method - Select the payment method that will be used for imported orders.
- Flat Rate Tax - Select a tax rate item for the total tax amount from the channel. Only a flat rate tax can be selected. If the list is empty, create a flat rate tax. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module, and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from the channel.
- Set customer to "Do Not Ship" on unpaid and pending orders - Activating the Do Not Ship option will set unpaid and pending orders as a Do Not Ship customer. Once the payment is received or the order is no longer pending, the order will be updated to the regular customer details.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - If this option is selected, payments will be created in the Payment Viewer module for imported orders.
- Let Fishbowl set the SO number - When selected, Fishbowl will use the next order number, as specified in the Sales Order module options.
- Set the SO number as the channel order number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the order number from the channel as the Fishbowl sales order number.
- Set a custom number as the SO number - With this option selected, the order number will be automatically set and incremented using a custom starting number.
- Amazon FBA Settings - Select the location group used to keep track of inventory that will be fulfilled by Amazon.
Detailed documentation for Fishbowl Commerce can be found here.
SCHEDULED TASK ERRORS
- Class not found - The plugin file for Commerce is either missing, or there is more than one located in the Plugins folder (C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins). To obtain the plugin file, either reinstall the plugin from the Plugin module, or copy/paste the plugin file itself from the server computer (same file path mentioned above).
- Unable to create orders due to unlinked items - On the Orders page of the Commerce module, click the red Unlinked status on the right of your order to manually link items per-order. Alternatively, open the Channels page of the Commerce module, then click the red number in the Unlinked column. Use the red icon on the left to manually link products from the channel into Fishbowl.
- Stuck scheduled task - Restarting the Fishbowl Server will usually resolve this. If not, trying inactivating the task within the Schedule module by highlighting it, then clicking the Edit button on the right and unchecking the Active box. Occasionally you may need to shut down the Fishbowl Server, open the task manager (ctrl + shift + esc) and end the Java Platform SE Binary task, and then restart the Fishbowl Server.
- Check for updates for the plugin, as fixes are released regularly (Update available will appear under Commerce in the Plugin module). Check what version you're running by opening C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\Plugins, find the .jar file for fishbowl-commerce, which will have a version number listed, such as fishbowl-commerce-3.4.jar. If needed, the plugins support team can help you obtain an updated file by contacting (plugins).
- If there is an error status in the FB Post section, click the status and it will have details about why it is not able to post to Fishbowl. This may appear if the order was manually created in Fishbowl using the same order number.
- Duplicate orders error could be a result of orders being manually created in Fishbowl, and then Fishbowl Commerce pushing the order to Fishbowl after a sync.
- Released on June 23, 2017
- Works with Fishbowl version 2016.14 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Improved inventory sync performance
- Released on May 08, 2017
- Works with Fishbowl Version 2016.14 and higher
Features and Fixes
- Fixed issue with canceled orders repeatedly pushing to Fishbowl Commerce which resulted in shipping for those orders being repeatedly pushed to channel/customer.