The BigCommerce module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more BigCommerce shopping carts.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the BigCommerce plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the BigCommerce module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the BigCommerce-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Log into BigCommerce.
- Follow the instructions for Getting API Credentials.
- Select the OAuth Scopes shown in the image to the right and then click Save.
- Paste the API Path, Client Id, and Access Token from the BigCommerce website into the Store Settings tab of the BigCommerce module.
Shopping cart plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional BigCommerce options or notes are included at the bottom of each section.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the BigCommerce website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the BigCommerce module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the BigCommerce website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the BigCommerce settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another BigCommerce store.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Use currency conversion - Enabling this option will import orders and convert them from the transaction currency (when specified) to your Fishbowl database home currency. The currency rate(s) used will be the rate(s) specified in Fishbowl. When currency conversion is enabled, some additional fields will be available, including a currency/customer mapping table when Use a Default customer is selected.
- Assign BigCommerce order number to Customer PO field - When selected, the BigCommerce order number will be displayed in the Sales Order Customer PO field.
- Use BigCommerce order number as Fishbowl SO number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the BigCommerce order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
- Add an order number prefix - Define a prefix to be set on imported sales order numbers. This option is only available when using the order number from BigCommerce.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign BigCommerce order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from BigCommerce that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use a Default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as BigCommerce Customer.
- Use the BigCommerce Billing Address - Use the billing address from the BigCommerce order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the BigCommerce Shipping Address - Use the shipping address from the BigCommerce order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the BigCommerce Customer and Addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the BigCommerce order instead of using a generic customer.
- Name - Select the BigCommerce field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Alt Name - An alternate field mapping when the primary mapping does not contain data.
- Choose the source fields for the order contact data.
- Contact - Select the BigCommerce field that contains the customer contact that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Phone - Select the BigCommerce field that contains the phone number that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Email - Select the BigCommerce field that contains the email address that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Use same carrier and carrier service for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from BigCommerce will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and BigCommerce. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the BigCommerce transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use same payment method for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from BigCommerce will use the selected payment method.
- Link payment methods from BigCommerce - When selected, the table can be used to map payment methods between BigCommerce and Fishbowl.
- Always create payments - If no payment data exists for the order from BigCommerce, always create a payment in Fishbowl equaling the order total with the selected payment method.
- Do not create payment for international orders - If an international order is imported from BigCommerce, a payment will not be created in Fishbowl.
- Import Taxes - When selected, the tax amount from the BigCommerce order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from BigCommerce. If taxes are not imported, the Fishbowl payment will equal the order total before tax.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update BigCommerce order status - When selected, BigCommerce orders will be updated after the product(s) on the order have been shipped in Fishbowl. Shipment tracking information will also be sent from Fishbowl to BigCommerce.
- Check BigCommerce order status before fulfilling - When selected, the BigCommerce order status will be checked prior to attempting to send fulfillment information. If the BigCommerce order status has changed, no fulfillment information will be sent. This will increase the time required to complete the order fulfillment task.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that all of the products on your website will be imported.
Select ONE of the following options:
- My products already exist in Fishbowl and BigCommerce. They need to be linked together. - Select the fields that match between BigCommerce products and Fishbowl products.
- My products only exist in my BigCommerce store. They need to be imported into Fishbowl. - Map the fields that should be imported from BigCommerce into Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in BigCommerce, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ANY of the following options:
- Create products in BigCommerce- Map the fields that should be imported from BigCommerce to Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in BigCommerce, the default UOMs listed here will be used. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export All Products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to BigCommerce. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Update linked products in BigCommerce - This section has the same options as the Create products in BigCommerce section above. After the initial product export, only the selected fields will be updated.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to BigCommerce on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that it includes all of your products (or any applicable product tree filter) when updating inventory levels.
- Inventory Type - Select the inventory quantity that should be used during the update: Available For Sale or Inventory On Hand.
- Product Tree Filter - The export can be limited to certain product tree categories. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- Sync All Location Groups - Include inventory quantities from all location groups in the inventory sync. If this option is unchecked, selected location groups can be added by clicking the Add button.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the BigCommerce button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the BigCommerce module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the BigCommerce.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two BigCommerce versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- On first load, a data migration task will run migrating carrier and payment mapping table data from the previous version
- On first load, existing scheduled tasks will be removed and need to be recreated by Saving the plugin
- Fixed bug on product export when using a product tree category and products being sent up multiple times
- Fixed bug on order fulfillment getting an error using Free Shipping method
- Fixed bug on product export - product category is required by BC. Added a default category dropdown to address this issue
- Fixed bug where mapping validation error window appeared
- Fixed bug where smaller screens would cut off data in the Plugin UI
- Added UPC field as a mappable product field for product linking task
- Added option to use a tax mapping table on the order import task
- Fixed bug where the fulfillment task wasn't sending up the shipment tracking
- Various AU version fixes
- Added enhancement option to always record payments on incoming orders even when there is no payment data from the Channel
- Fixed bug when customer PO number did not populate correctly when the user did not have "Assign Channel Name order number to Customer PO field" checked
- Importing order taxes is now optional. With the option to create taxes disabled, if a payment is created the total will reflect the order total without tax
- Fixed bug where order import option to add on order number prefix was not saving
- Fixed bug where new products could not be created because a category is required by BC. The Plugin UI now has an option to specify the default category
- Custom products added to an order in BC will be brought in as a misc sale item type on the FB Sales Order
- Added support for Australian Post and Canada Post. Orders using these shipping methods now post fulfillment data to BC correctly
- Multi-currency support for orders and payments created from the channel. Multi-Currency must be turned on in FB
- With multi-currency enabled there is an option to not create payments for international orders
- Fixed bug when QB class setting was not being applied to regular products in orders
- Fixed bug where plugins first loading into a new database displayed pop up windows that should not be there
- Fixed bug where the wrong products were being added to sales orders
- Fixed bug when using the default payment method
- Changed so create taxes option is set by default
- Fixed bug for when discount item field was left blank and saved, causing null errors
- Added tracking to shipments on FB for fulfilled orders
- Fixed bug where UI issue did not allow some order import setting panels to be seen
- Fixed bug when all variant channel identities were set to V<variantId>
- Fixed bug where panels were not sizing properly on small screens
**Please note, this update will require you to re-enter the order status mapping table data and connection credentials when first loading the plugin. This version uses Big Commerce V3 API for authentication.**
- Added ability to choose whether to sync on hand vs. available to sale inventory quantity
- Improved status mapping error messages during order import using advanced options and the order status hasn't been mapped
- In the order import tab when using the customer matching option, we now provide an alternative mapping option if the first mapping option does not contain data from the cart
- Fixed bug to reenable editing of existing order status mapping
- Updated POS Import customer settings panel to have the same mapping options as the standard order import
- Updated Test Connection success/fail dialog box
- Added a popup window to notify users about status mapping tables being cleared
- On the Inventory Update tab the location group drop down box is now replaced with a checkbox called "Sync all Location Groups"
- When unchecked, a user-defined table gives ability to define which location group(s) will be used to sync to the Channel
- Added a task that displays when a property is set, goes through existing channel IDs for products and overwrites the channel data
- Updated API v3
- Fixed bug when clicking next button sometimes it would bring the mapping back up that user just created in the order status mapping table
- Fixed bug where lines could be added to order status mapping without data
- Added ability to map the SO contact, phone, and email fields when using the "Use default customer" option on the Order Import task
- Added option to add a custom prefix to the shopping cart order number on order import
- If the create payment option is enabled and not payment data comes through with the order, the order now imports rather than fails
- Fixed bug where the wrong inventory quantity was synced in the following scenario:
- When not using a location group (LG) filter and multiple LG's exist in the FB database and
- When one of the LG's has more inventory allocated than inventory available for all LG's combined
Do not skip this version unless installing the plugin for the first time. If you’re planning to update to a later version of Fishbowl, install 18.10 first, update your plugins, and open them so the data migrator (described below) can run. Then update Fishbowl to the desired version.
- Fixed issue where we were unable to update price on optional products
- Fixed bug where inventory updates all linked products instead of the first linked product in the list in FB
- Channel data, such as product IDs, variant IDs, etc. will no longer be stored in custom fields. New database tables will be created for this purpose. Data from your custom fields will be automatically migrated to the database the first time you open the plugin after updating. Data will still remain in the custom fields for reference. The custom fields can be deactivated.
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- Schedule task now gives a count of the items that were imported/exported. Error message will list items that failed.
- Will now use the account specified on the payment type (instead of the default) during order import.
- Fixed a bug regarding taxes in the Fishbowl Canada version.
- Ability to select which date field the Last Sync Date references.
- Shipping tax now accounted for in Fishbowl Australia version.
- Bug Fixes
- Updated for compatibility with Fishbowl version 2018.7
- Product import tab redesign. Now includes an order sync for situations where all products exist in both Fishbowl and the webstore.
- Product export tab redesign. Export and update have been separated. It’s now possible to update item fields in the webstore without doing a full product export.
- Settings have been relocated. They are now in a new tab.
- Added the ability to map a carrier service to an order priority in Fishbowl.
- Fixed a bug that was causing settings to not save.
- Redesigned Customer section in Order Import tab. **Reconfiguration of the customer settings will be required when you update to this version or beyond.
- Addition of a new order status mapping table. You can now import multiple statuses at the same time.
- Changed background color on headers in the Order Import tab when using the dark theme for better visibility.
- Payment import now pulls in currency rate if “Use Currency Conversion” is turned on in Fishbowl.
- Updated variant quantities.
- Added the ability to check if orders have been completed or cancelled before attempting to fulfill.
- Payment is not imported to Fishbowl for $0 orders.
- Payment terms are now pulled from the UI drop down instead of customer.
- New layout and updated feature set, including new mapping options for Product Import and Product Export.
- Fixed issue with syncing inventory quantities that aren't whole numbers
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed bug when pulling products to FB and product mapping exceeded the maximum characters allowed in any given field. Instead of failing the sync we now truncate to the max allowed characters.
- Fixed bug when exporting products - product mapping was incorrect
- Fixed tool tips for product panel
- Fixed bug where adding an extra semicolon to tracking number
- Fixed bug identifying variant products on order import
- Fixed issue with product variants not syncing correctly between FB and BC
- Fixed issue with sending tracking and adding an extra comma at the end of the tracking
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.3 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
- When part(s) numbers associated with product(s) numbers are different in FB, a false error was occurring when pushing products to BC and is now fixed.
- Improved kit import, export, and inventory handling. Kit quantities are now sent to BC correctly.
- Added functionality to support drop ship items when sending shipment status back to BC.
- Moved the line item id from BC from the line item note field to line item custom field in FB SO.
- Added checkbox option to ignore associated payments from BC on incoming orders.
- Changed inventory sync functionality to use the product id stored in the custom field rather than the SKU.
- After successfully importing order(s) from BC, the order status is changed to "Awaiting Shipment" in BC.
- Added checkbox option to use the company name when creating new customers in FB from the SO import.
- Added ability to map payment(s) and carrier(s) between BC and FB.
- Added flexibility for product field mappings between FB and BC.
- For Canada only - fixed tax functionality to set the tax rate correctly.
- For AU only - fix tax functionality to not set the order tax to "non"
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.2 version of Fishbowl
- Issue: BigCommerce plugin does not correctly verify if an order already exists in Fishbowl causing errors.
- Resolution: Plugin now checks for current orders correctly.
- Issue: Spaces on the end of a SKU are causing problems when looking up products by SKU.
- Resolution: Carts that use SKU for identification now trim any spaces from the beginning or end of the SKU field.
- Issue: Payment isn't pulled in on any orders paid for with store credit.
- Resolution: Store credit now works as payment for orders when importing to Fishbowl.
- Issue: Order number field is limited to a 30 character limit, orders with longer numbers do not import correctly.
- Resolution: Field has been updated to varCharLong to accommodate for more characters.
- Issue: If a product already exists in Fishbowl, any subsequent product syncs do not link variants.
- Resolution: Variant products are now correctly linked during the product sync.
- Issue: Verifying whether an order already exists in Fishbowl doesn't always work correctly.
- Resolution: Order verification now correctly looks at existing orders.
- Issue: Orders with more than 50 items don't include any items past the 50 item mark.
- Resolution: Orders with more than 50 items now import correctly.
- Issue: Coupons aren't coming in as a discount line item.
- Resolution: Coupons now import correctly as a discount.
- Issue: Inventory sync is occurring by product SKU instead of the item ID in the BigCommerce custom field.
- Resolution: Inventory sync is now occurring by ID.
- Issue: Sales order export isn't using the custom field for ID.
- Resolution: ID field is now being used correctly.
- Issue: Discounts are applying to the line item level, not the order level.
- Resolution: Discounts now correctly apply to the order.
- Issue: Importing products and orders can occasionally error depending on volume.
- Resolution: Importing data now loads in batch quantities to avoid overload errors.
- Issue: Products with no SKU are still pushing to BigCommerce.
- Resolution: Only products with a SKU are pushed to BigCommerce.
- Issue: Importing a Sales Order with the Note field filled in would fail.
- Resolution: Importing Sales Order's with notes now works correctly.