The BigCommerce module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more BigCommerce shopping carts.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the BigCommerce plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the BigCommerce module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the BigCommerce-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Log into BigCommerce.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Select Legacy API Settings.
- Click Create a Legacy API Account.
- Enter a username, such as Fishbowl in BigCommerce.
- Enter the Username, API Path, and API Token into the BigCommerce module.
Shopping cart plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional BigCommerce options or notes are included at the bottom of each section.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the BigCommerce website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the BigCommerce module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the BigCommerce website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the BigCommerce settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another BigCommerce store.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Discount Item - Discount item for the order discount amount from BigCommerce. Can only specify a flat rate discount. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from BigCommerce.
- Use BigCommerce order number as Fishbowl SO number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the BigCommerce order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
- Assign BigCommerce order number to Customer PO field - When selected, the BigCommerce order number will be displayed in the Sales Order Customer PO field.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign BigCommerce order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from BigCommerce that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer Name field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as BigCommerce customer.
- Use order Bill To address - Use the Bill To address from the BigCommerce order instead of the Fishbowl address for the default/generic customer.
- Use order Ship To address - Use the Ship To address from the BigCommerce order instead of the Fishbowl address for the default/generic customer.
- Use order customer - This option will import the BigCommerce customer instead of using a generic customer.
- Customer Name - Select the BigCommerce field that contains that customer name that should be imported to Fishbowl.
- Use BigCommerce customer name if selected field is blank - When selected, the BigCommerce customer name will be used if the value selected doesn't exist on the order.
- Customer Contact - Select the BigCommerce field that contains that customer contact that should be imported to Fishbowl.
- Phone Number - Select the BigCommerce field that contains that phone number that should be imported to Fishbowl.
- Email Address - Select the BigCommerce field that contains that email address that should be imported to Fishbowl.
- Use same carrier and carrier service for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from BigCommerce will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and BigCommerce. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the BigCommerce transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use same payment method for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from BigCommerce will use the selected payment method. If this option is unchecked, payment methods can be mapped between Fishbowl and BigCommerce.
- Flat Rate Tax Item - When selected, the tax amount from the BigCommerce order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from BigCommerce.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update BigCommerce order status - When selected, BigCommerce orders will be updated after the product(s) on the order have been shipped in Fishbowl. If left blank, Fishbowl will not update the status of the BigCommerce order.
- Check BigCommerce order status before fulfilling - When selected, the BigCommerce order status will be checked prior to attempting to send fulfillment information. If the BigCommerce order status has changed, no fulfillment information will be sent. This will increase the time required to complete the order fulfillment task.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ONE of the following options:
- My products already exist in Fishbowl and BigCommerce. They need to be linked together. - Select the fields that match between BigCommerce products and Fishbowl products.
- My products only exist in my BigCommerce store. They need to be imported into Fishbowl. - Map the fields that should be imported from BigCommerce into Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in BigCommerce, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ANY of the following options:
- Create products in BigCommerce- Map the fields that should be imported from BigCommerce to Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in BigCommerce, the default UOMs listed here will be used. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export All Products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to BigCommerce. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Update linked products in BigCommerce - This section has the same options as the Create products in BigCommerce section above. After the initial product export, only the selected fields will be updated.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to BigCommerce on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Location Group - When selected, the Available For Sale inventory quantity will be used from this location group only. If left blank, the quantity from all location groups will be used.
- Product Tree Filter - The export can be limited to certain product tree categories. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the BigCommerce button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the BigCommerce module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the BigCommerce.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two BigCommerce versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- Added option to add a custom prefix to the shopping cart order number on order import
- If the create payment option is enabled and not payment data comes through with the order, the order now imports rather than fails
- Added option to map the SO contact field when using the "Use default customer" option on the Order Import task
- Fixed bug where the wrong inventory quantity was synced in the following scenario:
- When not using a location group (LG) filter and multiple LG's exist in the FB database and
- When one of the LG's has more inventory allocated than inventory available for all LG's combined
- Fixed issue where we were unable to update price on optional products
- Fixed bug where inventory updates all linked products instead of the first linked product in the list in FB
Do not skip this version unless installing the plugin for the first time. If you’re planning to update to a later version of Fishbowl, install 18.8 first, update your plugins, and open them so the data migrator (described below) can run. Then update Fishbowl to the desired version.
- Channel data, such as product IDs, variant IDs, etc. will no longer be stored in custom fields. New database tables will be created for this purpose. Data from your custom fields will be automatically migrated to the database the first time you open the plugin after updating. Data will still remain in the custom fields for reference. The custom fields can be deactivated.
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- Schedule task now gives a count of the items that were imported/exported. Error message will list items that failed.
- Will now use the account specified on the payment type (instead of the default) during order import.
- Fixed a bug regarding taxes in the Fishbowl Canada version.
- Ability to select which date field the Last Sync Date references.
- Shipping tax now accounted for in Fishbowl Australia version.
- Bug Fixes
- Updated for compatibility with Fishbowl version 2018.7
- Product import tab redesign. Now includes an order sync for situations where all products exist in both Fishbowl and the webstore.
- Product export tab redesign. Export and update have been separated. It’s now possible to update item fields in the webstore without doing a full product export.
- Settings have been relocated. They are now in a new tab.
- Added the ability to map a carrier service to an order priority in Fishbowl.
- Fixed a bug that was causing settings to not save.
- Redesigned Customer section in Order Import tab. **Reconfiguration of the customer settings will be required when you update to this version or beyond.
- Addition of a new order status mapping table. You can now import multiple statuses at the same time.
- Changed background color on headers in the Order Import tab when using the dark theme for better visibility.
- Payment import now pulls in currency rate if “Use Currency Conversion” is turned on in Fishbowl.
- Updated variant quantities.
- Added the ability to check if orders have been completed or cancelled before attempting to fulfill.
- Payment is not imported to Fishbowl for $0 orders.
- Payment terms are now pulled from the UI drop down instead of customer.
- New layout and updated feature set, including new mapping options for Product Import and Product Export.
- Fixed issue with syncing inventory quantities that aren't whole numbers
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed bug when pulling products to FB and product mapping exceeded the maximum characters allowed in any given field. Instead of failing the sync we now truncate to the max allowed characters.
- Fixed bug when exporting products - product mapping was incorrect
- Fixed tool tips for product panel
- Fixed bug where adding an extra semicolon to tracking number
- Fixed bug identifying variant products on order import
- Fixed issue with product variants not syncing correctly between FB and BC
- Fixed issue with sending tracking and adding an extra comma at the end of the tracking
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.3 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
- When part(s) numbers associated with product(s) numbers are different in FB, a false error was occurring when pushing products to BC and is now fixed.
- Improved kit import, export, and inventory handling. Kit quantities are now sent to BC correctly.
- Added functionality to support drop ship items when sending shipment status back to BC.
- Moved the line item id from BC from the line item note field to line item custom field in FB SO.
- Added checkbox option to ignore associated payments from BC on incoming orders.
- Changed inventory sync functionality to use the product id stored in the custom field rather than the SKU.
- After successfully importing order(s) from BC, the order status is changed to "Awaiting Shipment" in BC.
- Added checkbox option to use the company name when creating new customers in FB from the SO import.
- Added ability to map payment(s) and carrier(s) between BC and FB.
- Added flexibility for product field mappings between FB and BC.
- For Canada only - fixed tax functionality to set the tax rate correctly.
- For AU only - fix tax functionality to not set the order tax to "non"
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.2 version of Fishbowl
- Issue: BigCommerce plugin does not correctly verify if an order already exists in Fishbowl causing errors.
- Resolution: Plugin now checks for current orders correctly.
- Issue: Spaces on the end of a SKU are causing problems when looking up products by SKU.
- Resolution: Carts that use SKU for identification now trim any spaces from the beginning or end of the SKU field.
- Issue: Payment isn't pulled in on any orders paid for with store credit.
- Resolution: Store credit now works as payment for orders when importing to Fishbowl.
- Issue: Order number field is limited to a 30 character limit, orders with longer numbers do not import correctly.
- Resolution: Field has been updated to varCharLong to accommodate for more characters.
- Issue: If a product already exists in Fishbowl, any subsequent product syncs do not link variants.
- Resolution: Variant products are now correctly linked during the product sync.
- Issue: Verifying whether an order already exists in Fishbowl doesn't always work correctly.
- Resolution: Order verification now correctly looks at existing orders.
- Issue: Orders with more than 50 items don't include any items past the 50 item mark.
- Resolution: Orders with more than 50 items now import correctly.
- Issue: Coupons aren't coming in as a discount line item.
- Resolution: Coupons now import correctly as a discount.
- Issue: Inventory sync is occurring by product SKU instead of the item ID in the BigCommerce custom field.
- Resolution: Inventory sync is now occurring by ID.
- Issue: Sales order export isn't using the custom field for ID.
- Resolution: ID field is now being used correctly.
- Issue: Discounts are applying to the line item level, not the order level.
- Resolution: Discounts now correctly apply to the order.
- Issue: Importing products and orders can occasionally error depending on volume.
- Resolution: Importing data now loads in batch quantities to avoid overload errors.
- Issue: Products with no SKU are still pushing to BigCommerce.
- Resolution: Only products with a SKU are pushed to BigCommerce.
- Issue: Importing a Sales Order with the Note field filled in would fail.
- Resolution: Importing Sales Order's with notes now works correctly.