- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the BOM Import plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the BOM Import module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the BOM Import-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Open the BOM Import module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the folder where the files are located and click the dropdown next to the Fishbowl fields to match them with the fields from the file.
- If the file is missing values, the default values from the bottom section will be used.
- Review the import options at the bottom.
- Only import parts - When selected, only parts will be imported into Fishbowl. No BOMs will be created.
- Use filename as BOM number - When selected, the filename will be used as the bill of materials number.
- Update BOM data - When selected, the filename will be used as the bill of materials number.
- Delete imported files - When selected, only existing finished and raw goods data will be updated. Otherwise the BOM will be overwritten.
- Click the Active checkbox in the Schedule section. Click the Run Task button to run the import now, or select a schedule frequency.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module.
- To map another folder, click the Select Folder button. The mapping for each folder will be saved separately and can be modified by selecting the folder again.
2020.3.1 – April 15, 2020 - Fishbowl 2019.3
- Improved functionality on import which allows you to update existing BOM's with added or removed parts
2019.11.0X – 11-21-2019 - Fishbowl 2019.11
- Fishbowl compatibility release
2019.10.0X - 11/7/2019 - Fishbowl 2019.10
- Compatible with Fishbowl version 2019.10 and higher