The BI Editor module, located in the Reporting group, allows the creation of Business Intelligence (BI) scripts, which are used to display robust HTML reports. Pages can be viewed and printed in the BI Report module. Fishbowl includes several BI reports for free. To purchase a custom BI report, contact reports.
- Open a Page and click the Preview button on the component toolbar to the right.
- Pages that have the Published checkbox selected will appear in the BI Report module.
- The buttons at the top of the preview window can be used to Refresh, Modify, Save, or Print the current view. The preview can also be refreshed by pressing F5 on the keyboard.
- Click the Modify Parameters button to change the parameter data displayed in the current view.
- Scripts can be edited by modifying the text in the code area and then clicking the Save button.
- Built-in scripts, created by Fishbowl, display a lock icon.
- If a built-in script is modified, the original will be duplicated, prefixed with (FB), and inactivated.
- Inactive scripts can be seen by using the Advanced Search.
- To find text in a file, select the text and then press Ctrl + F.
- To replace text in a file, select the text and then press Ctrl + R.
- To see changes that have been made to a file, select two versions on the History tab and then click the Compare versions button.
- To revert to a previous version of a file, click the Compare versions button, then copy and paste the text from a prior version.
The following buttons are located at the top of the module.
- New creates a new Page. Click the drop-down arrow to create a new Template, Style, or Script.
- Import allows BI scripts to be imported from a JSON file.
- Save will save changes to the file that is currently open.
- Delete will delete the file that is currently open.
- Duplicate will create a duplicate of the file that is currently open.
- Email opens a window to compose an email. If the module's default report is specified, the PDF report will be attached. Email can be configured on the Email tab tab of the Settings module.
- Print sends the default module report to the printer.
- How To opens this article in a web browser.
- Refresh reloads whatever is currently open in the module.
The following buttons are located on the component toolbar to the right.
- The Preview page button shows a preview of any Page.
- The Include script button inserts the name of a saved Script, Style, or Template.
- The Include parameter button inserts the name of a built-in parameter.
- The Save script to file button saves the file that is currently open as a JSON file.
- Items on a pie chart can be hidden by clicking the label in the legend.
- Press Ctrl + G to jump to a line of code.
- Press Ctrl + C to copy a line of code or the selected text.
- Press Ctrl + X to cut a line of code or the selected text.
- Press Ctrl + D to duplicate a line of code or the selected text.
- Press Ctrl + Y to delete a line of code.
- To purchase a custom script, contact reports.