The Amazon module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with one or more Amazon MWS accounts. Amazon provides a service called Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA). FBA inventory is sent to an Amazon warehouse. When the item sells, Amazon handles the shipment of the item. The Amazon module works with Amazon FBA by importing the order, and then automatically marking it as shipped in Fishbowl.
- 1 Install
- 2 Setup
- 3 TABS
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the Amazon plugin and click Install Now.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the Amazon module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations module group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the Amazon-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Sign up for an Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS) account. You will need a professional seller account in order to sign up for an Amazon MWS account.
- Select I want to give a developer access to my Amazon seller account with MWS.
- Enter Fishbowlinv as the developer's name, 8756-4837-2491 as the developer account number, and then click Next.
- Accept the Amazon MWS License Agreement and then click Next.
- Copy the Seller ID, and Auth Token and paste them into the Store Settings tab of the Amazon module.
Shopping cart plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional Amazon options or notes are included at the bottom of each section.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the Amazon website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the Amazon module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the Amazon website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the Amazon settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another Amazon store.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Discount Item - Discount item for the order discount amount from Amazon. Can only specify a flat rate discount. The flat rate discount can be set to $0 in the Discount module and then the correct discount amount will be set when the order is imported from Amazon.
- Use Amazon order number as Fishbowl SO number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the Amazon order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
- Assign Amazon order number to Customer PO field - When selected, the Amazon order number will be displayed in the Sales Order Customer PO field.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign Amazon order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from Amazon that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Use a Default customer - This option will associate all imported sales orders with the customer selected in the Customer field. This could be used with a generic Fishbowl customer such as Amazon Customer.
- Use the Amazon Billing Address - Use the billing address from the Amazon order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Amazon Shipping Address - Use the shipping address from the Amazon order instead of the address for the default customer.
- Use the Amazon Customer and Addresses - This option will import the addresses and customer from the Amazon order instead of using a generic customer.
- Name - Select the Amazon field that contains the customer name that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Contact - Select the Amazon field that contains the customer contact that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Phone - Select the Amazon field that contains the phone number that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Email - Select the Amazon field that contains the email address that should be imported into Fishbowl.
- Use same carrier and carrier service for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from Amazon will use the selected carrier and carrier service. If this option is unchecked, carriers can be mapped between Fishbowl and Amazon. Each mapping will also set the Sales Order Priority so that Fishbowl users can identify orders with express shipping that need to be picked and shipped quickly.
- Create payments in Fishbowl - When selected, payments from the Amazon transaction will be shown in the Payment Viewer module.
- Use same payment method for all orders - When selected, all orders imported from Amazon will use the selected payment method. If this option is unchecked, payment methods can be mapped between Fishbowl and Amazon.
- Flat Rate Tax Item - When selected, the tax amount from the Amazon order will appear on the Fishbowl sales order as a flat rate line item. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from Amazon.
- Additional Amazon information
- Ignore Tax - No tax will be imported into Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update Amazon order status - When selected, Amazon orders will be updated after the product(s) on the order have been shipped in Fishbowl. If left blank, Fishbowl will not update the status of the Amazon order.
- Check Amazon order status before fulfilling - When selected, the Amazon order status will be checked prior to attempting to send fulfillment information. If the Amazon order status has changed, no fulfillment information will be sent. This will increase the time required to complete the order fulfillment task.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
Select ONE of the following options:
- My products already exist in Fishbowl and Amazon. They need to be linked together. - Select the fields that match between Amazon products and Fishbowl products.
- My products only exist in my Amazon store. They need to be imported into Fishbowl. - Map the fields that should be imported from Amazon into Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Amazon, the default UOMs listed here will be used.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Update linked products in Amazon- Map the fields that should be imported from Amazon to Fishbowl. If the weight or size UOM isn't set in Amazon, the default UOMs listed here will be used. The selected product trees will be included, or all product trees will be included if the field is left blank. Selecting the Export All Products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to Amazon. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export inventory levels to Amazon on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Location Group - When selected, the Available For Sale inventory quantity will be used from this location group only. If left blank, the quantity from all location groups will be used.
- Product Tree Filter - The export can be limited to certain product tree categories. If this field is left blank, all products will be included in the export.
- SKU Mapping - Select if the Amazon SKU matches the Fishbowl SKU or the Fishbowl Product. Inventory updating requires specifying the mapping between Amazon SKU and the corresponding product field in Fishbowl.
- The FBA Import tab has essentially the same settings as the Order Import tab but is used to import FBA orders from Amazon.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the Amazon button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the Amazon module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the Amazon.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two Amazon versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
- Added ability to map the SO contact, phone, and email fields when using the "Use default customer" option on the Order Import task
- Added ability to map the SO contact, phone and email fiedls on the FBA Import task
- Added option to add a custom prefix to the shopping cart order number on order import
- Added ability to map the shipping phone number from Amazon orders
- If the create payment option is enabled and not payment data comes through with the order, the order now imports rather than fails
- On order import the SO Date Scheduled field is populated with the Amazon Deliver By date
- On order fulfillment task the shipped date in Amazon now shows as the Date Completed on the SO in Fishbowl
- Fixed bug when using the ignore tax option on order import still produced an error requiring the user to specify a tax item
- Fixed bug where the order import would miss some of the orders from Amazon and not import into Fishbowl
- Fixed bug where the wrong inventory quantity was synced in the following scenario:
- When not using a location group (LG) filter and multiple LG's exist in the FB database and
- When one of the LG's has more inventory allocated than inventory available for all LG's combined
Updating to version 18.1X from a previous version of the plugin will require relinking products between Fishbowl and Amazon. To accomplish this, please contact our support team (email@example.com) and they will assist in removing the existing product mapping and relinking products. The new product data linking contains a property used to determine whether or not the inventory updates for that product will be published to Amazon. The updated linking also uses Amazon product SKU as the channel identity. The other data, including the ASIN, is now stored in the JSON data in the Fishbowl database tables.
- Fixed bug when linking products and receiving a Product Import null error
- Fixed bug where we were pushing inventory updates for FBA managed inventory
- Fixed bug to use the correct date from Amazon so orders aren't skipped on import
- Fixed bug where inventory updates all linked products instead of the first linked product in the list in FB
Do not skip this version unless installing the plugin for the first time. If you’re planning to update to a later version of Fishbowl, install 18.8 first, update your plugins, and open them so the data migrator (described below) can run. Then update Fishbowl to the desired version.
- Channel data, such as product IDs, variant IDs, etc. will no longer be stored in custom fields. New database tables will be created for this purpose. Data from your custom fields will be automatically migrated to the database the first time you open the plugin after updating. Data will still remain in the custom fields for reference. The custom fields can be deactivated.
- New version number system to match Fishbowl.
- Schedule task now gives a count of the items that were imported/exported. Error message will list items that failed.
- Will now use the account specified on the payment type (instead of the default) during order import.
- There is now an option to exclude tax during order import.
- Fixed a bug regarding taxes in the Fishbowl Canada version.
- Bug Fixes
- Updated for compatibility with Fishbowl version 2018.7
- Addition of Price Update tab.
- Redesigned Customer section in Order Import tab. **Reconfiguration of the customer settings will be required when you update to this version or beyond.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that was causing orders to duplicate.
- New layout and updated feature set, including new mapping options for Product Import.
- Addition of a new order status mapping table. You can now import multiple statuses at the same time.
- Fixed issue with FBA orders when a comma (,) in the address block causes an error when attempting to import the order
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.6 version of Fishbowl
- Removed condition notes when syncing products
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.3 version of Fishbowl
- Fixed tax functionality for Australia and Canada versions of Fishbowl
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.2 version of Fishbowl
- Issue: Amazon item total price is populating the imported order as the unit price.
- Resolution: Price is now setting correctly.
- Issue: Having a comma (,) in the company name of the Amazon account causes an error when attempting to configure the plugin.
- Resolution: Commas and other special characters can now be used in the company name with no issues.
- Issue: Tooltip on the pull product incorrectly says "product name".
- Resolution: Updated tooltip now correctly labes as "product number".
- Issue: Plugin isn't pulling the Amazon ASIN.
- Resolution: ASIN is now pulling.