There are many advantages of warehouse inventory control software that are available to any company looking to gain control of their inventory. Some companies think they have control today with the manual processes they have refined over the years. But there are some downsides to manual processes.
THE DISADVANTAGES OF MANUAL INVENTORY CONTROL
When companies opt for a manual inventory control process, they are relying heavily on the actions of their staff members to get things right. Unfortunately, we are all human and we make mistakes, especially when it comes to typing in numbers on a keyboard. People forget to record transactions, miscount items, and even enter data incorrectly. There are real costs that are associated with these mistakes, which range from lost business to being overstocked with items.
A manual process can give companies a false sense of control. It can also be very labor intensive and, worst of all, end up being extremely expensive over time. To do it right, and to sleep peacefully at night knowing that your business is on the right foot, consider a solid warehouse inventory control software solution.
THE ADVANTAGES OF WAREHOUSE INVENTORY CONTROL SOFTWARE
Since inventory is the single largest investment most companies make, they should be managing that investment to get the best possible return on investment (or ROI). Based on a company’s specific warehouse needs, there are many benefits that will help grow a business and keep it healthy. Here are a few to consider:
- Reduce the risk of human error by using barcode scanners and other automated tools.
- Eliminate labor-intensive activities (like frequent cycle counts) by keeping inventory records accurate.
- Instantly share inventory information throughout the office with the right staff members via user rights.
- Accurately record sales and shipping orders and integrate with a number of shippers.
- Accelerate pick, pack, and ship processing by printing pick tickets, packing lists, and shipping labels.
- Minimize stockouts with the aid of automatic reorder points.
- Auto-reorder to optimize inventory flow through warehouse.
- Dramatically reduce labor costs by streamlining business processes and cutting costs.
Some companies see their inventory software solution pay for itself in the first few months with just the savings in reduced labor costs alone. Adding in the other advantages creates substantially greater savings that contribute to the bottom line month after month, allowing companies to enjoy greater profits and peace of mind.
A GOOD SOFTWARE SOLUTION GIVES COMPANIES A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
You might think that a solid warehouse inventory control solution is going to be expensive, and some are. If you have a small to medium-sized business and you use QuickBooks, you can add advanced inventory control features with a popular product like Fishbowl. Fishbowl is the #1 selling solution for wholesalers, distributors and manufacturers that use QuickBooks as their accounting package. Learn more about Fishbowl and how to automate your inventory management.
Companies that effectively control and manage their inventory have a competitive advantage over companies that take a passive approach to their inventory policies and procedures. If your company is managing inventory without a software solution, now may be a good time to take that next step.
The advantages of using warehouse inventory control software in a business include:
- Reducing human error
- Eliminating labor-intensive activities
- Using access rights
- Accurately recording sales and shipping orders
- Picking, packing, and shipping faster
- Minimizing stockouts
- Setting up auto reorder points
- Reducing labor costs