The Work Order module, located in the Manufacturing group, displays work orders, instruction steps, and provides a step-by-step process to finish work orders. Work orders can also be viewed and fulfilled in the Manufacture Order module.
To Pick opens the order in the Picking module.
To MO open the manufacture order that contains the work order.
Quick Build opens the Finish Work Order wizard and allows the work order to be quickly fulfilled.
Print sends the default module report to the printer.
The steps on each work order will default to the instructions steps from the bill of materials, but work order steps can be added, deleted, or modified for each individual work order by using the buttons located on the component toolbar to the right.
- The Complete step button allows each step to be partially or fully completed.
- The Undo step button allows each step to be partially or fully undone.
- The Show instructions button shows the instructions for each step.
- The Show image button shows the image for each step.
- The Add step button allows a new step to be added.
- The Edit step button allows a step to be edited.
- The Delete step button allows a step to be deleted.
- The Move up button moves the highlighted step higher in the sort order.
- The Move down button moves the highlighted step lower in the sort order.
In the search pane on the left of the module, orders can be filtered by Number, BOM Number, and Status. Right-click multiple orders to start or assign users to all hightlighted orders.
Click the Advanced Search button to search the Custom Fields and the following search options.
The General tab allows general work order details to be viewed or edited.
- The Assigned Users button allows users to be assigned to the work order so that those users only see their assigned orders.
The Configuration tab displays a read-only version of the WO Details tab on the manufacture order.
The Memo allows memos to be viewed and added to a work order. The top pane displays a list of memos. Highlighting a memo will display the entire memo in the lower pane. The buttons to the right of the memo list can be used to Add, Edit, Delete, or Print a memo.
The Custom tab is used to enter custom fields for a work order. The fields displayed on the Custom tab can be customized in the Custom Field module. Custom fields can be searched by clicking the Advanced Search button in the work order search pane. Some reports also have Custom Field filters.