The documentation on this page is for the most recent version of the WooCommerce plugin. To get the most recent version, Update Fishbowl.
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the WooCommerce plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the WooCommerce module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the WooCommerce-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
In order to connect to WooCommerce, the WooCommerce API must first be configured properly. Follow the instructions below to generate an API Key.
- Log into the Wordpress Dashboard, for example www.mycompany.com/
- Open the settings for Wordpress permalinks by clicking Settings and then selecting Permalinks.
- Below Common Settings, select Post name.
- Scroll down to Product permalink base and verify that Default is selected and then click Save Changes.
- Open the settings for WooCommerce by clicking WooCommerce and then selecting Settings.
- Click the API tab, select Enable the REST API, and then click Save Changes.
- Click Keys/Apps and then click the Add Key button.
- Enter a Description, User, select Read/Write, and then click Generate API Key.
- Enter the WooCommerce store URL into the WooCommerce module, for example woocommerce.mycompany.com
- Click the Copy buttons and then paste the Access Key and Access Secret into the WooCommerce module.
- Click the Test Connection button in the WooCommerce module to verify that the connection is valid and then click Save.
The table below shows how some of the fields are matched up between WooCommerce and Fishbowl.
|Order date||Fulfillment date|
|Email field of the Details tab of the Sales Order module|
|Phone||Phone field of the Details tab of the Sales Order module|
|Product name||Product & Part Number|
|Short or Long Description||Product & Part Description|
|Product SKU||Product SKU|
|Billing name & address||Bill To|
|Shipping name & address||Ship To|
|Customer Provided Note||Sales order note|
|Order status||Orders with a Processing status are imported|
|Customer name||Imports the actual customer or the generic customer specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
|Company name||Not imported (Billing and Shipping names are imported)|
|Tax item||Combines all taxes into the tax item specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
|Discount||Combines all discounts into the discount item specified on the Schedule Import Order tab.|
- Email - The email address to notify regarding integration information. Failed schedules will send an email to this address. Email can be configured on the Email tab of the Company module.
Schedule Import Order
Orders will only be imported from WooCommerce if they have a Processing status.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson. This field is required.
- Carrier - When selected, sales orders will be created using this carrier.
- Payment Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using this payment term.
- Payment Method - Sales orders will be created using this payment method. This field is required.
- Shipping Terms - When selected, sales orders will be created using these shipping terms.
- Location Group - Sales orders will be created using this location group. This field is required.
- SO Status - Orders can be imported as an estimate or issued status.
- Tax Item - Tax rate item for the total tax amount from WooCommerce. Can only specify a flat rate tax. If the list is empty, create a flat rate tax to be used with WooCommerce. The flat rate amount can be set to $0 in the Tax Rate module, and then the correct total tax amount will be set when the order is imported from WooCommerce.
- Class - When selected, sales orders will be created using this class as the sales order class.
- Shipping Item - When selected, sales orders will be created using this product as the default shipping item.
- Use store order number as SO Number - When selected, sales orders will be created using the WooCommerce order number as the Fishbowl sales order number.
Schedule Export Order
After an order has been fulfilled in Fishbowl, the order will be marked as Completed in WooCommerce on the next export.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export orders on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
When pulling products to Fishbowl, the product sync should usually be scheduled to run before the order import. This will avoid any errors caused by new products that need to be imported before the order can be created in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to sync products on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Fail when missing SKU - When selected, the sync will log products with missing SKUs as errors.
- Weight UOM - The UOM for weight on products. This should match the UOM set in store settings on your WooCommerce shopping cart.
- Pull products to Fishbowl - When selected, products created in WooCommerce will be created in Fishbowl.
- Push products to WooCommerce - When selected, products created in Fishbowl will be created in WooCommerce.
- Create as Enabled - If selected, sets the catalog visible to Catalog/search. If not, the visibility is set to hidden.
- Product tree filter - When left blank, all products will be pushed to WooCommerce. To limit the products that are pushed to WooCommerce, click the File:Product Tree Icon Button.png Product Tree button. The selected category and all of its sub-categories will then be included in the sync.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to sync inventory on a set schedule. Click the Schedule button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Location Group - When selected, the Available For Sale inventory quantity will be used from this location group only. If left blank, the quantity from all location groups will be used.
NOTE: In order to sync inventory to WooCommerce, the Fishbowl Product SKU must match the product/variant SKU in WooCommerce.
- Only new orders are imported. Orders are not updated once they have been imported. Returns and refunds are not imported.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can viewed or modified by clicking the Shopify button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the Shopify module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the Shopify.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two Shopify versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.
Released on 3/15/2017 - For Fishbowl version 2017.2 and higher
- Compatibility fixes for 2017.2 version of Fishbowl
Version 2.8 Released 3-10-2017 - works with Fishbowl version 2017.1 and higher
- Fixed issue with inventory not updating for product variants
Version 2.6 Released 3-1-2017 - works with Fishbowl version 2017.1 and higher
- Updated plugin to work with the latest version of WooCommerce (2.6.14) and Wordpress (4.7.2) with the latest API version
- Fixed Kit Inventory handling
- Added Product Dimension to product fields synced between FB and Woo
- Added Product weight to product fields synced between FB and Woo
- Added more product field mapping options
- Added shipment tracking feature. Please note this feature requires the tracking plugin be enabled in WooCommerce
- Bugfix to bring back the product ID correctly to FB on product sync
- Fixed last sync date and added option to set specific date when resetting last sync date
Released on 2/9/2017
- Issue: Orders are using the customer address information instead of the order address which causes a null error when importing orders.
- Resolution: Order address is now being used so the order import can successfully run.
- Issue: When a user has the "company" field populated but nor first or last name a blank customer record is created.
- Resolution: Customer record no longer includes blank data.
- Issue: Using the Avalara Avatax plugin with WooCommerce cannot pull in orders because of an error that occurs when attempting to sync.
- Resolution: Orders with Avatax now correctly sync.
Released on 10/13/2016
- Issue: OrderID can now be a string, not just an integer field.
- Resolution: Our field once again matches the updated field from WooCommerce.