Template:User The User module allows an administrator to create new users and manage which user groups and location groups a user belongs to.
Create a New User Template:Top
Follow the steps below to create a new user.
- In the User module, click the New button in the module toolbar.
- Enter a User name and Initials. The first and last name are optional.
- Click the Set Password button. The User can later change their password.
- Click the Location Groups tab and assign a default Location Group. When this user creates an order, their default location group will be used to set the location group of the order.
- Add any other location groups that this user should have access to by double-clicking the Location Group in the Available list.
- Click the Save button in the module toolbar to commit the changes.
A memo can also be added to the user by clicking on the Memo tab. Each user is also a salesperson and can be assigned to an order on the Details tab of the Sales Order module.
Delete or Inactivate a User Template:Top
Often the user cannot be deleted because it is in use by other modules. In this case, a user may be inactivated by following the steps below.
- Double-click the user in the search panel.
- Uncheck the Active checkbox located beneath the Initials box.
- Click the Save button in the module toolbar.
To view inactive users, click the Advanced Search button and select Show Inactive Only.
Change a User Password Template:Top
In the Search Panel of the User Module, double-click the user whose password you would like to change.
Click the button labeled Set Password. Enter the new password, and then confirm that it was typed correctly by entering it again. Click OK.
When running Fishbowl for the first time, the default Username and Password are both admin. We recommend changing these defaults as soon as possible.
Note: Only Administrators can change all users' passwords. Individual users can only change their own. If your administrator password is still set to admin, you should change it to something more secure. If you need your password reset, please call or contact Fishbowl support.
Assign access rights
Fishbowl utilizes access rights to limit the modules and functions that a user has access to. Users will only see the icons for the modules they have rights to access. Access rights are set at the User Group level, meaning a user's rights are determined by which user groups the user is a member of. Follow the steps below to assign access rights.
- Open the User Group module located in the Setup module group.
- Open an existing user group or create a new user group.
- Users can be assigned to the group on the General tab. The User module can also be used to edit a user's groups.
- Click the Rights tab. Each section can be expanded by clicking +.
- Click the checkbox in the Value column to change access to any right.
- Click the Save button.
List of access rights
See Access Rights for a list and description of all user access rights in Fishbowl.
Admin only rights
Nearly all rights can be granted through access rights. However, the following functions can only be performed by the admin user.