Updated versions of Fishbowl are released several times a year. Updates include new features and improvements and are always available to customers with a current support contract. It only requires a few minutes to update Fishbowl and take advantage of the latest changes. Follow the steps below to update Fishbowl on the server computer. Fishbowl Clients will be updated automatically when connecting to the Fishbowl Server.
- When a new version of Fishbowl is released, a lightning bolt icon will appear in the top-right corner of the Fishbowl Client.
File:Fishbowl update available.png
- On the Fishbowl Server computer, double-click the backup.bat file (default location is C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\server\bin\backup.bat) to backup the database, images, reports, and plugins to a folder on the desktop. This is a precautionary step. In most cases, these backup files will not be needed.
- To download the update onto the Fishbowl Server computer, right-click the Fishbowl Server tray icon and select Check Version.
- Click the blue link in the window to start the download. Updates can also be downloaded by clicking here.
- Right-click the Fishbowl Server tray icon and select Exit.
- Run the installer and select Server with Client on the Installation Mode step.
File:Server With Client Install.png
- Install the update into the same directory where Fishbowl is currently installed.
- Major updates, such as Fishbowl 2019 to 2020, require an updated license key which can be obtained instantly by clicking here. Minor updates such as Fishbowl 2020.1 to 2020.2 will continue to work with the previous license key.
- Complete the installation and then start the Fishbowl Server to perform the database update.
- If there are Fishbowl Clients installed on other computers, they will be updated automatically when connecting to the updated Fishbowl Server.