The Transfer Order module allows for items to be transferred between location groups by either shipping or moving the items. Depending on which type is chosen, the transfer order will appear in the picking, shipping, and receiving modules before it is completely finished.
The following functions are available through the Transfer Order Module:
- Create a new Transfer Order
- View the history of a Transfer Order
- Replenish inventory
- Put away inventory
Create a Transfer Order
Transfer Orders allow for inventory to be moved from one Location or Location Group to another while leaving a history of the move.
To create a Transfer Order, you must first be in the Materials Module Group | Transfer Order Module. Click New Image:'new'_symbol.JPG from the Module Toolbar. A blank Transfer Order will have been created on the Main Screen with the Default Location Groups entered into the To and From boxes. Select the type of Transfer Order, whether the order will be shipped, moved (order will not go to shipping), or putaway (items will be sent to their default location). Fishbowl will default to a Ship type.
The next step in creating a Transfer Order is to add items. This may be done by selecting items from the Part dropdown list Image:Add_part_arrow_icon.JPG, the Part Search Image:Search_icon.JPG , the Add Part,or the Add items Image:'add_item'_symbol.JPG icon. You may also add a Miscellaneous item by selecting the Add Misc Item Image:Add_misc_item.JPG icon located on the Component Toolbar. Once items have been added, they may be edited Image:'edit_item'_symbol.JPG or deleted Image:'delete_item'_shortcut.JPG if necessary by using the corresponding icons on the Component Toolbar.
When all of the correct items have been placed on the Transfer Order, you may either Save or Issue the order by using the icons located on the Module Toolbar. If the order has been saved, it will remain in the Transfer Order module as an Entered status to complete at a later time. Once the order has been Issued, the order will be changed to an Issued status, and will be moved to the Picking Module. A Transfer Order with a Move or Putaway type will be completed once the Picking process is finished. A Transfer Order with a Ship type will be complete once the order has been picked, shipped, and received again through the Receiving Module.
Put Away Inventory via Transfer Order
Entering From and To Fields
- From: If needed, change the From Location Group (LG) by selecting the desired LG via its pulldown. You can find the LG by scrolling through the pulldown, and/or typing the beginning characters of the LG. As you type, Fishbowl displays a shortened list of LGs that corresponds to your typed characters. You also have the option of Typing the entire LG, if desired, but it must be one that is in the list. Your selection will control the values that are available in the Location pulldown.
- From: If you, the initiator of the T.O., are entering the order on behalf of the From LG, click a checkmark into its Owner box. Only one of the Owner boxes can have a check in it.
- From: From the Location pulldown (below the From LG), selected the location where inventory is waiting to be put away.
- To: If needed, change the To Location Group (LG) by selecting the desired LG via its pulldown.
- To: If you, the initiator of the T.O., are entering the order on behalf of the From LG, click a checkmark into its Owner box. Only one of the Owner boxes can have a check in it.
You can add items that have already been defined (in the Part module), and you can add items on the fly, giving them names, descriptions, and Units of Measure as you fill out a T.O. The items you add on the fly are referred to as miscellaneous items, and you would add them via the Add Misc. Item button.
When adding pre-defined parts, you can use:
- The Add Item Tool Group (the Quantity and Part fields, and the Binoculars and Plus icons)
- The Add Item button (in the Item button group and the context menu) or Ctrl-Shift A
- The Insert Item (on the context menu) or Ctrl-Shift I
If you add an item to an order that has already been issued, Fishbowl will adjust the pick list(s) at the time that you Save the order.
You can edit items that are not yet in Picking status. The item must have a status of Entered. An item that has been partially filled, and is short, will have a status of Partial and cannot be edited (or deleted), even if it is on hold in the Pick module. The changes to the items will be saved when you either Issue or Save the T.O. If you edit a T.O. that has already been issued, Fishbowl will adjust the pick list(s). To edit an item use the Edit Item icon located on the Component Toolbar.
Double-click the item to be edited, or click/highlight the item and choose the edit icon. The TO Item Details window will be displayed. Modify the values as needed, and enter notes if desired. The following rules apply when editing an item:
- The Part Number and Description cannot be changed.
- The Quantity cannot be zero.
- The Fulfillment Date may be modified to any date.
When all of the necessary modifications have been made, press Enter or click OK.
You can delete any item that has an Entered status. Items on a voided, closed short, or fulfilled T.O. can’t be deleted. An item that has been partially filled, and is short, will have a status of Partial and cannot be deleted (or edited), even if it is on hold in the Pick module.
Deletions from an order that has already been issued will take effect when you Save the T.O.; Fishbowl will adjust the pick list(s). Note that how Fishbowl adjusts the picks will depend on the Pick Module Options–how they were set when the order was issued (or last saved), and how they are set when the deletion(s) are saved.
To delete an item, you will use the Delete Item function, which is available in the form of a button, a menu option, and a shortcut.
2 Ctrl-Shift X
Hint: You can delete multiple items simultaneously, because multiple items can be selected for deletion.
A Transfer Order must have at least one item! Fishbowl will not allow a delete action that would leave the order barren.
Delete the TO items as needed.
When you delete an item, Fishbowl will immediately remove its line from the Transfer Order.
To delete items
1. Select the item(s) to be deleted:
- To select a single item, click it so that it is highlighted.
- To select multiple items, Ctrl-click each desired item. Each item to be deleted should be highlighted.
- To select a continuous range of items, click an item at one end of the range, then Shift-click the item at the other end of the range. All items within the range should be highlighted.
2. Delete the selected item(s) by doing one of the following:
Click the Delete Item button 3 (the red X).
Or, do a Ctrl-Shift X.
Or, right-click on the item to get the Item context menu, then choose the Delete Item option from it.
If one (or more) of the items you selected is not deletable, the Delete function might not be enabled. However, if the function is enabled, that is no guarantee that each item is deletable! You can still receive an error message when you attempt to delete or save. As for unissued orders, their items are always deletable (given that the user has that right).
Upon a successful Delete, the selected item(s) disappear from the Transfer Order area.
Rearranging Item Lines
You can move lines around in the Transfer Order area, effectively changing their Line Numbers. Rearrangements on an order that has already been issued will take effect when you Save the T.O. To move an item up one line, you use the Move Up menu option or its shortcut. To move an item down one line, you use the Move Down menu option or its shortcut.
Hint: You can move multiple items simultaneously (in one direction), because multiple items can be selected for moving.
Rearrange the TO items as needed.
When you move an item, Fishbowl will immediately change the item’s position on the Transfer Order.
To Move Items Up
To Move Items Down
Viewing the History of a Transfer Order
The History panel shows a log of the actions taken upon the currently displayed Transfer Order. Prior to saving a T.O., the History panel is blank (because the T.O. has no history).
As we proceed through the instructions, we will look at the T.O. history again to see the entries.
The entries will be in chronological order; However, you can change the order by clicking on the column headings. And, of course, you can also size and move the columns.
The Comment column is where the name of the entry will be displayed. Typical values here are “Created,” “Issued,” “Pick (pick#) created,” and “Fulfilled.” The procession of entries depends upon the type of T.O., its progress and path through Fishbowl, and the actions taken upon it.
The History panel is for displaying information; none of the fields or values will be editable.
This panel will also provide links to the T.O.’s pick list(s) in the Picking module.
Fulfilling Miscellaneous Items
A miscellaneous item can be fulfilled only the General panel of the Transfer Order. To fulfill a miscellaneous item, you will use the Fulfill Item button or menu option. It becomes available when the order is issued, and will remain available until the entire T.O. is either fulfilled, voided, or closed short.
1. Click on the miscellaneous item to be fulfilled, so that it is highlighted.
2. Fulfill the selected item by doing one of the following:
Click the Delete Item button 3 (the green circle with a checkmark).
Or, right-click on the item to get the Item context menu, then choose the Fulfill Item option from it.
Upon a successful Fulfill, the status of the item will change to “Fulfilled.”
The fulfillment must be saved before exiting the T.O.