Assign Access Rights to a User Template:Top
Fishbowl utilizes access rights to limit the modules and functions that a user has access to. Users will only see the icons for the modules they have rights to. Access rights are set at the User Group level, meaning a user's rights are determined by which User Group the user belongs to. Follow the steps below to assign access rights:
- Open the User Group Module.
- Open an existing User Group or create a new User Group.
- Users can be assigned to the group on the General tab. The User Module can also be used to edit a user's groups.
- Click the Rights tab and set the appropriate rights for the User Group.
- Click the Save button.
Admin only rights
Nearly all rights can be granted through access rights. However, the following functions can only be performed by the admin user:
- Change a part's unit of measure
- Run the Part Cost Import
- Run the Parts Unit of Measure Import
- Mark UOMs as Read Only
- Convert a Non-Inventory part to Inventory
- Close QuickBooks from the Accounting Module when connection fails