Assign access rights
Fishbowl utilizes access rights to limit the modules and functions that a user has access to. Users will only see the icons for the modules they have rights to access. Access rights are set at the User Group level, meaning a user's rights are determined by which user groups the user is a member of. Follow the steps below to assign access rights.
- Open the User Group module located in the Setup module group.
- Open an existing user group or create a new user group.
- Users can be assigned to the group on the General tab. The User module can also be used to edit a user's groups.
- Click the Rights tab. Each section can be expanded by clicking +.
- Click the checkbox in the Value column to change access to any right.
- Click the Save button.
List of access rights
See Access Rights for a list and description of all user access rights in Fishbowl.
Admin only rights
Nearly all rights can be granted through access rights. However, the following functions can only be performed by the admin user.