The ShipStation module, located in the Integrations group, is an add-on module that can be installed from the Plugin module. After installing the plugin, a new module is added that integrates with ShipStation's eCommerce shipping software. After an order has been picked in Fishbowl, the order information will be sent to ShipStation. After the order has been processed in ShipStation, carrier, service, tracking number, and carton costs will be sent back to Fishbowl.
- 1 Install
- 2 Setup
- 3 TABS
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Release Notes
- In any Fishbowl Client, open the Plugin module, located in the Integrations group.
- Select the ShipStation plugin and click Install.
- Completely close all Fishbowl Clients.
- Exit the Fishbowl Server by right-clicking the Fishbowl Server tray icon and selecting Exit.
- After re-opening the Fishbowl Server, the admin user can access the ShipStation module from any Fishbowl Client by opening the Integrations group.
- To grant access to additional users, assign the ShipStation-View access right to the appropriate groups in the User Group module
- Open the ShipStation API Settings page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the API Key and API Secret.
- Paste the API Key and API Secret into the Store Settings tab of the ShipStation module.
- Complete the Store Settings instructions.
Several plugins in Fishbowl have a standardized layout. Some of the images below show the options that are most common between all plugins. Any additional ShipStation options or notes are included at the bottom of each section. System properties also allow advanced options to be enabled for e-commerce plugins.
- If applicable, copy any needed setup information from the ShipStation website.
- Click the Store Settings tab of the ShipStation module.
- Enter a name in the Store Name field and any other required information.
- Click the button and verify that the connection to the ShipStation website is working.
- Click the Save button at the top of the module to save the ShipStation settings.
- Click the New button at the top of the module to configure another ShipStation store.
- Additional ShipStation information
- Enable Ship Quote Feature
- Use Residential Shipping
- Shipping Item
- Use the order location group's default Main Address
- Use a selected address for all orders
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import orders on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Default Salesperson - Sales orders will be created using this salesperson.
- Additional ShipStation information
- ShipStation Store - After integration, this field will display the stores configured in your ShipStation account.
- ShipStation Source - After integration, this field will display the sources configured in your ShipStation account.
- Add Discount Code to Line Item Notes - Enabling this option will add the discount code to the line item notes.
Location Group Settings
- Use a default location group - Select a default location group for imported orders.
- Use location group mapping - This option is disabled in the ShipStation plugin.
Order Status Mapping
- Use the table to assign ShipStation order statuses to Fishbowl order statuses. The Order Import task will only import orders from ShipStation that are in a status assigned to a Fishbowl order status. At least one active status mapping is required to use the Order Import task.
- Use the options below to determine how customers are created in Fishbowl and what information is imported into Fishbowl.
- Alternate Name - An alternate field mapping when the primary mapping does not contain data.
- Remove taxes from payment - When selected, the tax amount will be deducted from the payment total.
- Use Default Tax Item - With this option selected, the same tax item will be used for all orders.
Order Item Settings
- Ignore miscellaneous items - Miscellaneous items will not be created if no product ID is found on the ShipStation order item.
- Enable order import product linking - If a product is not already linked, the plugin will attempt to find a match based on the field mapping table.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to import products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- NOTE: When setting up the shopping cart integration for the first time you will want to adjust the Last Sync to a date before any of your products were created (for example, setting the year to 2000) so that all of the products on your website will be imported.
The Product Import task imports products into Fishbowl from ShipStation. A product link is created by storing the ShipStation product ID in Fishbowl.
- Schedule - Select the Active checkbox to export products on a set schedule. Click the Run task button to run the scheduled task right now. Data that has changed since the Last Sync date will be synchronized. This date will be updated automatically after a sync, or it can be manually edited to adjust which data will be synchronized.
- Product Create Settings - Enable Export new products and then map the fields that should be exported from Fishbowl to ShipStation. A default weight UOM and size UOM can also be specified. Using the Product Tree Filter will limit the products exported to those in the selected product tree category. If left blank, all products will be included in the export. Selecting the Export all products option will ignore the last sync date and attempt to push all of the Fishbowl products to ShipStation. The product tree filter will still apply.
- Product Update Settings - Enable Update linked products and then map the fields that should be exported from Fishbowl to ShipStation. This section has the same options as the Product Create Settings section above. After the initial product export, only the selected fields will be updated.
- Only new orders are imported. Orders are not updated once they have been imported. Returns and refunds are not imported.
- The attributes and IDs for orders and products can be viewed or modified by clicking the ShipStation button at the top of the Sales Order module and the Product module.
- To view the scheduled tasks for the ShipStation module, open the Schedule module.
- A scheduled task can be run manually by double-clicking the task.
- Enter an email address in the Schedule module to receive error notifications.
- To view the history of a scheduled task, including the result/error, click the History button in the Schedule module.
- More details about recent errors can be viewed by opening the Data module and clicking the Server Log button.
- Check for multiple versions of the ShipStation.jar file in C:\Program Files\Fishbowl\plugins\ or \Applications\Fishbowl\plugins\ on a Mac. If there are two ShipStation versions, exit the Fishbowl Server and remove the older version on all client and server computers.